The Challenge Season 40: Battle of the Eras

Derka

On 8/23/2024 at 9:00 PM, Mac8111 said:

I haven’t laughed that hard in a long time. Theo brought the hammer on Paulie. And for the record, I am betting that Cara Maria has a Hope Solo situation going on down there.

Nah she's too cute, Hope you could tell been dilapidated for decades.

Tony is getting lots of hate (from crew and online), I guess off camera he was talking about how he wants to go home.

I actually thought his strategy to save Kyland/Kaycee for a future alliance was a good idea.  He said Derek/Aviv probably won't ever be in a position of power...which is likely true relative to the two pairs at stake.

But somewhere between the chamber and the elimination he must have gone full retard bc everyone kept referring to him as a bully and sexist.  It was strange...like why was no one agreeing with his choice to make that alliance and made it seem like he was doing it to just battle Averey's choice.  He must have done or said something else douchey. And they say he threw the elimination also to go home.  It's really weird.

After manhandling Leroy he was looking like a hero and leader.....huge 180 lol.

Still weird to see Nia and Averey hug after their past lol.

I didn't watch that Real World season but looks like no when i looked it up on wiki earlier. Nia also had altercation with another house guest also at some point.

3 of them finished the season (like 3 days) in a hotel away from Nia and the house

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

That RW season was wild. Nia was legitimately nuts and she and Jordan fought constantly. 

The producer's complete lack of intervention when Nia attacked Avery multiple times (including hitting her with a hair dryer) was shocking after decades of preaching zero tolerance for any kind of violence on the shows. It was like Nia had no rules whatsoever, for whatever reason. It became even more bizarre when they did  kick her off of Battle of the Exes 2 for touching Jordan's jeans one episode before the final. The all-time attempted makeup call by the MTV refs, somehow they managed to get it wrong both times.

If Avery and Nia are cool now, I'm fine with it. 

1 hour ago, CAHorn said:

The producer's complete lack of intervention when Nia attacked Avery multiple times (including hitting her with a hair dryer) was shocking after decades of preaching zero tolerance for any kind of violence on the shows. It was like Nia had no rules whatsoever, for whatever reason. It became even more bizarre when they did  kick her off of Battle of the Exes 2 for touching Jordan's jeans one episode before the final. The all-time attempted makeup call by the MTV refs, somehow they managed to get it wrong both times.

If Avery and Nia are cool now, I'm fine with it. 

Yeah, that's a funny take on what I deemed to be an incident of "over-the-clothes" but pretty clear assault.  That's the kind of thing that you can't really give a pass on at any point, there just can't be a grey area.

Also...EMILY, GIRL..... BRAD???

20 hours ago, Scraps said:

Lol Johnny(in clip) such an idiot trying to get play at the wrong time bruh

what the fuck, he’s out here grabbing her titties and trying to kiss her and shit. jesus christ that was weird.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Chips O'Toole said:

Yeah, that's a funny take on what I deemed to be an incident of "over-the-clothes" but pretty clear assault.  That's the kind of thing that you can't really give a pass on at any point, there just can't be a grey area.

Also...EMILY, GIRL..... BRAD???

emily is hot, but she’s always been retarded. first off all she was in love with Ty, who is a total nothing burger athletically, personality wise, looks wise, etc. Ty sucks. then she’s one of these hippy dippy, “let’s do yoga in a stream at dawn then eat some conflict free, gluten free, vegan sweet potato pancakes followed by mindfulness exercises and journaling, all of which i will share on my instagram which is full of those trite, generic, dumbass “she was wild and free like a wisp of wind, untamed, with a spirit of fire and a heart that needed melting” quotes” type of people. ugh. the worst. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I almost made a post earlier about how I was conflicted on Nia. On one hand, she’s never done anything noteworthy as far as winning. On the other, she has a nice ass in those tight shorts.

Now I hope she disappears soon. 

Yea she was snobby and confrontational in that season.  She would brag about only liking the nicest things, trips, rich guys, athletes.  But likely she came from nothing.  She even was shitty to the nicest boss at the pizzeria gig they all had.  She grew up, I will give her that.  But she isn't as big a threat as she looks on the Challenge.  Seems like she has low stamina in challenges and kinda uncoordinated.  Her stories were pretty funny during ep 3 about all her hook ups.

Laurel's a dumbass, but probably not the worst thing for Bananas to have Jordan owing him one. She also earned the tiebreaker from winning them the trivia. Also it somehow ended up with a "ceasefire" basically of trying to put everyone on the chopping block in a rotation? Glad we're not just going to see the strong players up for elim every week. 

Glad we're already done with Aneesa but holy shit did Jenny try to throw that

Definitely seems like Horacio got fucked but that's Challenge production in a nutshell, there's more that Nurys posted you can see on her feed

Mfer. My boy Horacio got robbed. Challengers are posting videos and comments about what they saw and are mostly all Team Horacio. Reddit blowing up. Jordan is Team H. Nurys especially went off on production about how H walked calmly to set last peg and called check like he knew he had it. Why didn't he run if it was allegedly so close? Horacio has allegedly made comments he doesn't want to go back anymore  

I recall an elimination years ago where Ninja v Laurel where Laurel thought she won.  And was a poor sport. But a review showed she didn't put one branch in the hole while climbing. She had made her own hole for it. Reversed and she lost.  That kinda detail should still matter.

I like all the dudes on Era 1. But production obviously prefers if they stick around more. Even if they are stumbling along. 

Yikes. Interview link with Horacio. I believe this dude, I doubt he has ever lied. He again announced his retirement on social media.  Dude is a fierce competitor. Makes sense he would rather play a sport where he truly goes head to head and not playing politics and having random rules/formats every season. 

Highlights:

-Jacks would fall off easily. Production was helping put fallen jacks back on Derick's board during event, not just last one. Cast could see, but not aired. Nobody helped Horacio with his fallen jacks.

-Horacio's ball got stuck and TJ made him stop for 5-10secs while Derick still moved. TJ horn didn't work so took longer for Horacio to hear him yell instead. Not aired.

-He clearly recalls saying CHECK and turning to see Derick missing that top right. He says TJ blew the horn and said "Horacio wins" at first. Not aired.

-His team was even congratulating him saying "you're 7-1 in eliminations" and Jenny hugged him. While he shakes Derick's time he was still missing a jack. Then Derick fixed the last jack.

https://ew.com/the-challenge-season-40-horacio-guterriez-jr-says-he-actually-won-elimination-against-derrick-kosinski-8707107

Horacio has been wife and my favorite since his debut season.  Was really hoping him and Kyland would make some noise together after last season. 

I knew MTV rigged this to an extent but that was ridiculous.   Sucks he's out like that. 

aneesa coming into a season in better shape and winning a final will be the comeback story of the century. good for her for finally putting in the work. if she can come into the next season without talking about what she “deserves” and just do work she will win over a lot of fans.

• 2 weeks later...

Laurel and Cara both come across poorly but Laurel just throwing challenges sucks. Can she not comprehend she might want to run a final with strong people on her team as a possibility?

I don't think they rigged it for Tina but I think they probably fucked up with her board? Easy to assume incompetence 

Overall bizarre elimination that was just not viewer friendly at all. Who wants to watch that? 

• Hook 'Em 2