RIP Shifty Shell Shock of Crazy Town

Celery Man

Posted (edited)

Saw this last year and damn, makes todays new unsurprising

obviously these guys were not a Very Serious artist, but sometimes there is a song for its time.

Edited by Celery Man
  • Hook 'Em 2

Haha.  I missed this song in real time, and I only know it because a few years ago, it was the nominee of a friend of mine when we were talking about "worst songs to make it big."

Also... that performance in the music store... wow.  Apparently having a hit song does not protect you from the effects of meth and face tats.  

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

31 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

it was the nominee of a friend of mine when we were talking about "worst songs to make it big."

Your friend is right, you know.

2 hours ago, Paul Wesley said:

Haha.  I missed this song in real time, and I only know it because a few years ago, it was the nominee of a friend of mine when we were talking about "worst songs to make it big."

Also... that performance in the music store... wow.  Apparently having a hit song does not protect you from the effects of meth and face tats.  

Yeah.  That guy looked rough.   He's what hard living sounds like, too.

22 hours ago, Paul Wesley said:

oh man, I am so embarrassed to say I liked that song when it came out (not really the ska/wrap thing) and I still kinda like it...  association and whatnot.  If it gets the girls gyrating and in a certain frame of mind though...

22 hours ago, Deej said:

Your friend is right, you know.

I struggle to argue otherwise

19 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

Yeah.  That guy looked rough.   He's what hard living sounds like, too.

Never knew his name or any of their other stuff.  I was shocked by the music store video above and the fact he was 49... 

Ho lee shit the power of decisions!

16 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

So DJ AM is dead, the guitarist is dead, shifty is dead, and the…. drummer who was already like a thousand years old in 1999 and played with Nat King Cole as a child is still alive.

Yeah he was Chuck Mangiones drummer too. How he ended up in this band I'll never know