Texas Baseball 2025 - Show Me A Schloss

petscii

7 hours ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

Never better. And luckily Pierce has shown he can plug in 5 quality bats, find a Friday guy, and overhaul a bullpen in a single offseason

Ok. You mean like 2022 to 2023?

2022 - Melendez .387, Stehly .367, Messinger .364, Todd .332, Hodo .319, Faltine .282, Ardoin .271, Campbell .267, Daly .237

2023 - Campbell .339, Powell .339, Brown .323, Thomas .321, Kennedy .306, Guillemette .298, O’Dowd .284, Daly .231

Find a Friday guy? Doesn’t he do this every year? Hansen (3.76) was Friday guy in 2022 and Gordon (2.63) was Friday guy in 2023. 

Bullpen same thing. Go take a look.

8 hours ago, Balcones said:

Don’t be a pussy.

Texas has almost no quality pitching right now. So, yeah, color me fucking skeptical. The pitching landscape is on track to be even worse than this past season.

Of course, that could change; but with Pierce's job in flux (right now and next season), I'm highly doubtful he's going to be able to pull what this team needs out of the portal. It's not being a pussy - it's the writing on the wall.

We'll see.

Why can’t we ever convert a Basketball player into a pitcher at The University of Texas. Everyone is a doing it these days. Hell, go get one of those Vatos from the Valley. Those pendejos broke off a chili in our lily white culos 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Lack of portal news is disturbing 

Don’t worry, I’m told Pierce is an excellent coach and we should put all of our faith in his ability to restore Texas to its rightful glory days. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, TejasPedro said:

Why can’t we ever convert a Basketball player into a pitcher at The University of Texas. Everyone is a doing it these days. Hell, go get one of those Vatos from the Valley. Those pendejos broke off a chili in our lily white culos 

WHY DO WE HAVE BROOKS KIESCHNICK JR ON THE FOOTBALL TEAM AND NOT ON THE GOD DAMNED BASEBALL TEAM. I"LL HANG UP AND NOT LISTEN.

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

LSU has a higher payroll than the As

“There is rich teams and then there is poor teams…

Then there is 50 feet of crap

Then there is LSU

Then there is us” -Billy Beane

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, petscii said:

WHY DO WE HAVE BROOKS KIESCHNICK JR ON THE FOOTBALL TEAM AND NOT ON THE GOD DAMNED BASEBALL TEAM. I"LL HANG UP AND NOT LISTEN.

It's like having Vince Young Jr on the golf team.

• Haha 3

https://calsummerball.com/teams/santa-barbara-foresters-111233/

Link to follow stats for guys out in Santa Barbara. Dee has been an every day guy. Mostly SS, though CF today. I assume more guy arriving throughout the month will eat into his time at premium positions. 

Looks like tonight is Sanders’ first game catching and Hamilton is getting his first start. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

https://calsummerball.com/teams/santa-barbara-foresters-111233/

Link to follow stats for guys out in Santa Barbara. Dee has been an every day guy. Mostly SS, though CF today. I assume more guy arriving throughout the month will eat into his time at premium positions. 

Looks like tonight is Sanders’ first game catching and Hamilton is getting his first start. 

Tumis is listed but he’s not throwing this summer. Workload management and hanging back in Austin to get some meat on those bones so he can add some velo.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Approve South Park GIF

I mean I guess there’s more but otherwise it’s just a nice weight room, which is exactly what we have. 
The hitting and pitching tech + locker rooms/team areas are what make the baseball facility elite.

That is the part we lack. Our facility is nice but is really just a weight room with cages

Edited by hobbes2702

https://baseball.pointstreak.com/player_search.html?leagueid=166&seasonid=33853&letter=B

List for Cape Cod.   Cursory look shows Gasparino at Chatham and Belyeu at Cotuit.   Cape season starts 15 June.   Some games may be on YouTube.

Sam Ardoin (in portal) and Borba are listed at San Luis Obispo (CCL).   Not sure Borba has reported.   Summer league rosters (especially early) are often inaccurate for a myriad of reasons. 

• Derka changed the title to it’s official- Jim Schlossnagle to Texas
  • immamac changed the title to Texas Baseball 2025 - Show Me A Schloss
  • immamac unpinned this topic