Texas Baseball 2025 - Show Me A Schloss

petscii

Just now, Js1 said:

He's the same guy they hired from TCU! 

Nah he was a moral beacon of light and good when he accepted the Aggie job now he’s a swinging, back stabbing, money grubbing, Satan solider for the destruction of all that is good and right because the breached the pledge of life time loyalty to the 12th man. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

I can see why some said this could bleed over into football recruiting.  A&M had to fire Schloss' assistants mid season to save money and can't afford the stadium upgrades for baseball cause Jimbo has all their money, while CDC got a 375 million dollar basketball arena built for free.  Easy to sell the A&M is broke narrative. 

Edited by chemHORN
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Levi said:

Max is coming back unless he wants to transfer. Unless I’m missing something and he’s draft eligible? I thought Flores and Thomas were the only draft eligible guys. 

Max is not draft eligible per his mother. JT is probably gone and Jalin has a decision to make. 

59 minutes ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

Low key think CDC needs to get Schloss a security detail because at least these two Aggy are def gonna go full Joker and who knows what might happen 

IMG_2313.thumb.jpeg.b83cd73f5a16144e188393afb9233385.jpeg

Aggy probably gonna show at today's press conference... and definitely some will show up at the UT June 30th SEC party. 

This morning, TexAgs guys just joked about crashing today's press conference.  

Gotta believe CDC will have security prepared... 

Edited by LTtxfan

31 minutes ago, NoName said:

This gets to the crux of the matter -- Schloss leaving them forces aggy to face the fact that they are not any more significant than TCU.

They are just another stepping stone school, and their rival is the destination school.

This may do permanent damage to their collective psyche.  Is it possible to overdose on cognitive dissonance and denial?  Let's hope so.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Aggy probably gonna show at today's press conference... and definitely some will show up at the UT June 30th SEC party. 

shoe throwing GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Holy shit... Olin just went to get in car to come to the press conference... 😂😂😂😂

Billy Liucci just said he is hearing rumors that Schloss may air out some grievances with aggy at today's press conference... 😋

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, swonie said:

Max is not draft eligible per his mother. JT is probably gone and Jalin has a decision to make. 

Jalin's decision should hinge on whether Schloss can get #1 transfer in the portal (SS Gaven Kilen) to Texas.  He was interested in aggy, so Schloss has a good pitch. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Billy Liucci just said he is hearing rumors that Schloss may air out some grievances with aggy at today's press conference... 😋

i'm guessing we get a staged question as to why he left. he's going to say he got along very well with Bjork, Alberts came in like a bull in a china shop fired a lot of people, said that prior agreements with Bjork were null and void, didn't think he could trust him for XYZ reasons, didn't trust him when it came to future promises, didn't think he would bump up the pool for his assistants like Bjork promised, didn't feel supported (example is going to be CDC at the CWS while at TCU vs Alberts last week) didn't feel like he had his back if things got tough for a myriad of reasons and because of all that he went to the place that he knew he would have a leader who had his back, who was trust worthy, who saw the value of the assistants and the team he put together, with whom he had a great relationship personally and professionally and who saw the vision into the future.

he is going to say some nice things about A&M fans and passion and ultimately put all of the blame on Alberts

OR

he is going to go full villain mode, talk about how fucking weird the fans were, how wild the cult was, how much he loved the players (and how any of them would be welcome at Texas), but how much he missed being in a real city and at a place where the team and coaches felt supported by leadership.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Me: holy fuck this is just brutal…

aggy: we should be thanking our lucky stars

Glad some of them have reached the "we're actually the winners in all of this" stage of grief.  You know who the other losers will be?  All the bubble machine sellers on Amazon Marketplace and eBay, who will now have to deal with months-late return requests.

2 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

Glad some of them have reached the "we're actually the winners in all of this" stage of grief.  You know who the other losers will be?  All the bubble machine sellers on Amazon Marketplace and eBay, who will now have to deal with months-late return requests.

That bubbles will stay bc they’ll force the new coach to embrace it. That’s what the do

15 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Holy shit... Olin just went to get in car to come to the press conference... 😂😂😂😂

On TexAgs Radio...

Brauny is really butthurt... some of the staff leaving attended his wedding 😋

Guess he's gonna burn some wedding pics?🔥

• Haha 5

There is so much to relish here: aggy losing the game, aggy losing their head coach, aggy losing the rest of the coaching staff.

But the gift that may continue giving the longest is the doubts sown about Trev. His ham-handed way of handling this had to play a part in all this. 

Trev is now considered (by some) to be an RFK brain parasite in the body aggy. 

Edited by Asithappens
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

On TexAgs Radio...

Brauny is really butthurt... some of the staff leaving attended his wedding 😋

Guess he's gonna burn some wedding pics?🔥

He'll definitely be on one of those "Free Photoshop Edits" groups on Facebook, asking to remove random people from the pictures.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

It's not "dastardly."  It's just bully behavior.

It's the behavior of the neighborhood bully when he sees the little weird kid in the neighborhood rolling around on a new bike.  The little weird kid is all proud of his new bike and is letting everyone know that it's the best and that he's going to win every bike race from now til forever.  What's the bully going to do?  He's going to shove the little weird kid down into the mud and take that bike.

And that's why aggy left for the SEC and why they're talking Big 10 now.  They're getting bullied, and have been the victim of bullying for a century-and-a half.  It's like they moved to a new school to escape the bullying, only to have the bully move into their school the next year.  And so now they're faced with the prospect of endless nuggies from now until the end of time.

And you would feel bad for the bullying victim, except . . . well, they kind of deserve it.

There's the theory of pre-karma.  Actually, I don't know if there's such a thing as "pre-karma" at all.  I'm not a scholar of Hinduism.  But there should be.  Essentially, the Universe knows that were aggy ever to win anything of substance, that they would be such insufferable assholes that karma could never fully account for their fuckery sufficient to bring the Universe back into balance.  So to prevent that, the Universe doles out pre-karmic retribution, both to punish on a preemptive basis, but also to prevent aggy from winning and becoming the infinite assholes that would bring about unresolvable karmic imbalance.

I think that's how it works.

But I don't know.  Am I a guru?  No.

But maybe.

I like this theory of pre-karma. The universe allowed aggy to buy Braden Montgomery because their hopes and dreams would reach epic proportions. Then, at the precise moment their hopes and dreams are at their peak, the universe breaks Montgomery’s ankle. And to top that, an aggy starting pitcher goes down. But then, aggy recovers and is only 7 outs from winning a natty. But the universe pulled the rug out from under them.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, NoName said:

i'm guessing we get a staged question as to why he left. he's going to say he got along very well with Bjork, Alberts came in like a bull in a china shop fired a lot of people, said that prior agreements with Bjork were null and void, didn't think he could trust him for XYZ reasons, didn't trust him when it came to future promises, didn't think he would bump up the pool for his assistants like Bjork promised, didn't feel supported (example is going to be CDC at the CWS while at TCU vs Alberts last week) didn't feel like he had his back if things got tough for a myriad of reasons and because of all that he went to the place that he knew he would have a leader who had his back, who was trust worthy, who saw the value of the assistants and the team he put together, with whom he had a great relationship personally and professionally and who saw the vision into the future.

he is going to say some nice things about A&M fans and passion and ultimately put all of the blame on Alberts

OR

he is going to go full villain mode, talk about how fucking weird the fans were, how wild the cult was, how much he loved the players (and how any of them would be welcome at Texas), but how much he missed being in a real city and at a place where the team and coaches felt supported by leadership.

lol.  of course not.  he's going to say "I enjoyed my time at A&M.  I think we accomplished a lot.  I'm excited to be here now.  I look forward to blah blah blah."

• Hook 'Em 2