Texas Baseball 2025 - Show Me A Schloss

petscii

2 hours ago, petscii said:

As previously announced, beginning in 2025 SEC baseball teams will play a three-game series against two permanent opponents and eight rotating opponents for a total of 30 conference games. Standings will be kept in a single-division format, eliminating divisional standings.

https://www.secsports.com/news/2023/11/sec-announces-permanent-baseball-opponents-format

that's probably right, OU and A&M but after this week, I regret the decision to re-engage with those bumbling fucktard knuckleheads, whoop!

21 minutes ago, Skipper said:

The butthurt from around the 1:20:00 mark through next few minutes is worth the listen alone.   These Aggy tears are just what the Dr. ordered to get us to football season.  Just incredible.

Some of his assistants were devastated...DEVASTATED!!! that they "have to leave."

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Brutal ….

...and henceforth, from that day on, whenever an athletic director snuck into town to poach a coach and transfer them back to their own institution, it became known as "snookering". The school losing their coach will have been said to have been "snookered" or a victim of "the snook".

In a sentence: The documents were all signed and the only loose end was completing "the snook".

Also in a sentence: After "snookering" South Austin's mom, I had a cheeseburger.

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, NoName said:

Looch bullet points.

evidently we are pronouncing his name wrong per Paul it is Billy "Loo-she"

• Mark Stoops was one of wildest things covered, Jimbo vs Saban - the last 24-36 hours or so have moved up to #1
  • building up to Schloss coming back to C-Station as a coach in burnt orange being bigger than CFB (dumb)
  • Paul: what's the situation as you know it? --> "i didn't know for sure he was leaving, i suspected it." in part because he was a close friend who started acting differently. he was told during the georgia series in April Schloss was taking that job. radar was up, found out people at A&M were aware of it.
  • asked him the night before they played Texas and he didn't really shoot it down, just asked who was saying it or told him
  • "it felt weird the entire time there" in Omaha
  • Looch thinks that CDC is who leaked the Pierce firing the day of the game and that threw him. "if you know that's your coach" why are you letting that out in the biggest game of your best friends career? (it wasn't CDC, you dunce, it's Pierce. the single person incentivized to leak it)
  • tell me about what happened after the question from the Texags guy? --> "he apologized today to open his presser" - Schloss said "i don't think i'll ever speak to you again" after the Texags reporter asked it, in front of everyone evidently after the televised/recorded part of the presser per Looch (but literally no one else who was in that room reported it?)
  • "I sent Olin there to be at his press conference in Austin just to ask some questions"
  • whats happening internally at A&M player and coaching wise> --> its a mess player wise. lot of players want to stay but very concerned and being recruited by the coaches who recruited them to A&M now to Texas aggressively. it's 2024 but its still mindblowing. kids are 1 day into not having a coach but the portal closes july 1 he thinks.
  • complained about the portal and that it's a mess.
  • Alberts has to go do a quick search (that they have known about since late April?! lol)
  • Looch: just for the record, if you leave after returning you didn't get to austin and start working today. you can't in a million years convince me that they weren't working (in omaha) on behalf of what they were going to be doing at Texas
  • Paul: not trying to be overly dramatic, but you think they were recruiting for Texas while in Omaha? --> not recruiting, but thinking about texas. you can never convince me otherwise. anyone who believes otherwise is insanely naive. this is what a lot of players and players families believe.
  • noted that the new A&M coach could leave their school in really crappy fashion
  • Paul: if A&M had won the game, would anything be different today? --> no. they would have had to be in Austin before the parade. i think they are coaching, that entire staff is in burnt orange when the parade happens. that's wild to think of. don't think it would have been different
  • Looch: i think Schloss was frustrated about promises made by Bjork about the stadium. took too long. had to trust assurances. was going to get bump to highest paid coach in baseball.
  • there was a gap and he had the safety net in place (CDC/Texas)
  • he was on the search committee, they didn't pick the guy he wanted who was very baseball friendly. when that happened he thought about leaving
  • not justifying the way it went down at all - completely wrong. if you want an explanation, i think that's it and if you go back to right around Georgia, thats when the dominos started falling

$9.95 !!!!!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, NoName said:

Looch bullet points.

• Mark Stoops was one of wildest things covered, Jimbo vs Saban - the last 24-36 hours or so have moved up to #1
  • building up to Schloss coming back to C-Station as a coach in burnt orange being bigger than CFB (dumb)
  • Paul: what's the situation as you know it? --> "i didn't know for sure he was leaving, i suspected it." in part because he was a close friend who started acting differently. he was told during the georgia series in April Schloss was taking that job. radar was up, found out people at A&M were aware of it.
  • asked him the night before they played Texas and he didn't really shoot it down, just asked who was saying it or told him
  • Looch thinks that CDC is who leaked the Pierce firing the day of the game and that threw him. "if you know that's your coach" why are you letting that out in the biggest game of your best friends career? (it wasn't CDC, you dunce, it's Pierce. the single person incentivized to leak it)
  • tell me about what happened after the question from the Texags guy? --> "he apologized today to open his presser" - he said i don't think i'll ever speak to you again after the Texags reporter asked it, in front of everyone evidently?
  • "I sent Olin there to be at his press conference in Austin just to ask some questions"
  • whats happening internally at A&M player and coaching wise> --> its a mess player wise. lot of players want to stay but very concerned and being recruited by the coaches who recruited them to A&M now to Texas aggressively. it's 2024 but its still mindblowing. kids are 1 day into not having a coach but the portal closes july 1 he thinks.
  • Alberts has to go do a quick search (that they have known about since late April?! lol)
  • Looch: just for the record, if you leave after returning you didn't get to austin and start working today. you can't in a million years convince me that they weren't working (in omaha) on behalf of what they were going to be doing at Texas
  • Paul: not trying to be overly dramatic, but you think they were recruiting for Texas while in Omaha? --> not recruiting, but thinking about texas. you can never convince me otherwise. anyone who believes otherwise is insanely naive. this is what a lot of players and players families believe.
  • noted that the new A&M coach could leave their school in really crappy fashion
  • Paul: if A&M had won the game, would anything be different today? --> no. they would have had to be in Austin before the parade. i think they are coaching, that entire staff is in burnt orange when the parade happens. that's wild to think of. don't think it would have been different
  • Looch: i think Schloss was frustrated about promises made by Bjork about the stadium. took too long. had to trust assurances. was going to get bump to highest paid coach in baseball.
  • he was on the search committee, they didn't pick the guy he wanted who was very baseball friendly. when that happened he thought about leaving
  • not justifying the way it went down at all - completely wrong. if you want an explanation, i think that's it and if you go back to right around Georgia, thats when the dominos started falling

If “he was on the search committee, they didn't pick the guy he wanted who was very baseball friendly. when that happened he thought about leaving” is true, why the fuck did chinpubes think warning the AD about Schloss looking to leave would ever matter?

It is fairly obvious aggy fucked up by hiring the wrong guy at AD in Schloss’s eyes and at that point why stick around to work for a guy you don’t like or agree with in a place that you might not be that happy at when you can go back to working under your old boss at a much better situation?

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

I feel like the Hawk Tuah thing has been beaten into the ground. It was funny for a minute, and she is hot.

But then I see someone like Rimbo just finding out about it for the first time and I realize the problem is Im just online too goddamn much

By the time It reaches Facebook is when you know its a dead overused meme. 

• Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, NoName said:

Looch bullet points.

• tell me about what happened after the question from the Texags guy? --> "he apologized today to open his presser" - Schloss said "i don't think i'll ever speak to you again" after the Texags reporter asked it, in front of everyone evidently after the televised/recorded part of the presser per Looch (but literally no one else who was in that room reported it?)

Looch somehow still thinks Pierce wasn't fired until Monday morning.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

So all the aggys threating to sue about under the table shenanigans realize its 100 percent possible that when A&M returned could actually be the first time Schloss and Del Conte met to talk about the position, even if other stuff was going on behind the scenes ahead of time.  Agents exist for a reason.  

• Haha 1