Texas Baseball 2025 - Show Me A Schloss

petscii

16 minutes ago, NoName said:

Looch bullet points.

evidently we are pronouncing his name wrong per Paul it is Billy "Loo-she"

• Mark Stoops was one of wildest things covered, as was Jimbo vs Saban - the last 24-36 hours or so have moved up to #1
  • it's building up to Schloss coming back to C-Station as a coach in burnt orange being bigger than the Texas/A&M football game (dumb)
  • Paul: what's the situation as you know it? --> "i didn't know for sure he was leaving, i suspected it." in part because he was a close friend who started acting differently. he was told during the georgia series in April Schloss was taking the Texas job. radar was up, found out people at A&M were aware of it.
  • asked him the night before they played Texas if he was taking their job and he didn't really shoot it down, just asked who was saying it or told him
  • "it felt weird the entire time there" in Omaha
  • Looch thinks that CDC is who leaked the Pierce firing the day of the game and that threw him. "if you know that's your coach" why are you letting that out in the biggest game of your best friends career? (it wasn't CDC, you dunce, it's Pierce. the single person incentivized to leak it)
  • tell me about what happened after the question from the Texags guy? --> "he apologized today to open his presser" - Schloss said "i don't think i'll ever speak to you again" after the Texags reporter asked it, in front of everyone evidently after the televised/recorded part of the presser per Looch (but literally no one else who was in that room reported it?)
  • "I sent Olin there to be at his press conference in Austin just to ask some questions"
  • whats happening internally at A&M player and coaching wise> --> its a mess player wise. lot of players want to stay but very concerned and being recruited by the coaches who recruited them to A&M now to Texas aggressively. it's 2024 but its still mindblowing. kids are 1 day into not having a coach but the portal closes july 1 he thinks.
  • complained about the portal and that it's a mess with the calendar (hinting that july 1 is too close to end of CWS? i think?)
  • Alberts has to go do a quick search (that they have known about since late April?! per Looch)
  • Looch: just for the record if you leave after returning you didn't get to Austin and start working today. you can't in a million years convince me that they weren't working (in omaha) on behalf of what they were going to be doing at Texas
  • Paul: not trying to be overly dramatic, but you think they were recruiting for Texas while in Omaha? --> not recruiting, but thinking about texas. you can never convince me otherwise. anyone who believes otherwise is insanely naive. this is what a lot of players and players families believe.
  • noted that the new A&M coach could leave their school in really crappy fashion
  • Paul: if A&M had won the game, and the national championship would anything be different today? --> no. they would have had to be in Austin before the parade. i think they are coaching there, and that entire staff is in burnt orange when the parade happens. that's wild to think of. don't think it would have been different
  • Looch: i think Schloss was frustrated about promises made by Bjork about the stadium. after that it took too long. had to trust assurances. was going to get bump to highest paid coach in baseball.
  • there was a gap and he had the safety net in place (CDC/Texas)
  • he was on the search committee, they didn't pick the guy he wanted who was very baseball friendly. when that happened he thought about leaving
  • not justifying the way it went down at all - completely wrong. if you want an explanation, i think that's it and if you go back to right around Georgia, thats when the dominos started falling

Of course they were thinking about Texas, Looch. That's all you ever do too so surely you would understand that. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

I feel like the Hawk Tuah thing has been beaten into the ground. It was funny for a minute, and she is hot.

But then I see someone like Rimbo just finding out about it for the first time and I realize the problem is Im just online too goddamn much

I had to google it after Thujone told me he posted the single pane last night because I didn't know WTF.  Then I also found out there is an Edmonton Oilers fan who flashed her boobs in Game 6 too and now she's been hired by Playboy.

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

33 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Brutal ….

What is the history of whistling past the graveyard?
It might go back to an 1843 poem by a Scottish poet Robert Blair in which a schoolboy whistles to hide his fear of ghosts or evil spirits as he walks past a church graveyard. Nowadays, it means trying to remain optimistic in a difficult situation while you hope for a positive outcome.
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Ooh . . . Ryan says the interest among coaching circles is off the charts with regards to coming to join the A&M staff.  His phone is blowing up!  A texags guy.  His phone is blowing up!

They're back!

Why would anybody be contacting HIM about an open coaching position? 

Answer: they aren't.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

...and henceforth, from that day on, whenever an athletic director snuck into town to poach a coach and transfer them back to their own institution, it became known as "snookering". The school losing their coach will have been said to have been "snookered" or a victim of "the snook".

In a sentence: The documents were all signed and the only loose end was completing "the snook".

Also in a sentence: After "snookering" South Austin's mom, I had a cheeseburger.

Just don't look it up as a noun... You might get "the snook" just like you would from South Austin's mom.

Spoiler

image.png.ad03ec5b56c8912206a4a3ef12aa0bb2.png

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Rage+1 1

33 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

Finebaum questions Looch as to if Schloss really was recruiting for Texas while at aggy....Looch backtracks a bit and uses a lot of "I think"...."I believe".

Yep, Looch and Pawl realized they were on very shaky ground and that UT attorneys were listening.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, markstanco said:

Post up @The Valtay Corporation, I see you are in this thread right now!🤣

Mostly here to lurk.  Real talk from an A&M fan.  No beating around the bush, this was getting our heart ripped out of our chest.  It sucks.  Looking at the way the press conference was handled and the timing of the Pierce firing and rumor literally as our team is playing for it all, I'm not sure how y'all can spin that as anything other than, at minimum, could have been handled better and more professionally, but hey, at least y'all got to own the aggys and drink our tears.

Looking ahead, the cupboard is probably going to be bare next year.  That said, we have money, we NIL resources, and we GAF about college athletics.  We'll be back in Omaha within the decade if not sooner, given how the new rules will make it easier to quickly buy our own mercenaries.

And zooming out, if your squad next year is 100% of our coaches and 40% of our players wearing burnt orange instead of maroon, I don't see how that's good for the long term health of college sports.  That's much bigger than an A&M/UT issue.  But buying out most of your rivals makes caring about connections that the players have to their universities much more tenuous, and now we're absolutely watching a minor league with no salary cap or rules.  Why watch watch the minor leagues when someone can watch the pros instead?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Fuck You 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 3

1 minute ago, The Valtay Corporation said:

And zooming out, if your squad next year is 100% of our coaches and 40% of our players wearing burnt orange instead of maroon, I don't see how that's good for the long term health of college sports.

Seems pretty great for college sports to me!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Valtay Corporation said:

Mostly here to lurk.  Real talk from an A&M fan.  No beating around the bush, this was getting our heart ripped out of our chest.  It sucks.  Looking at the way the press conference was handled and the timing of the Pierce firing and rumor literally as our team is playing for it all, I'm not sure how y'all can spin that as anything other than, at minimum, could have been handled better and more professionally, but hey, at least y'all got to own the aggys and drink our tears.

Looking ahead, the cupboard is probably going to be bare next year.  That said, we have money, we NIL resources, and we GAF about college athletics.  We'll be back in Omaha within the decade if not sooner, given how the new rules will make it easier to quickly buy our own mercenaries.

And zooming out, if your squad next year is 100% of our coaches and 40% of our players wearing burnt orange instead of maroon, I don't see how that's good for the long term health of college sports.  That's much bigger than an A&M/UT issue.  But buying out most of your rivals makes caring about connections that the players have to their universities much more tenuous, and now we're absolutely watching a minor league with no salary cap or rules.  Why watch watch the minor leagues when someone can watch the pros instead?

Could have matched $$$ for coaches and NIL, but Jimbo has that money. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Just now, The Valtay Corporation said:

why people don't understand 1) Pierce decision had been made and he was gone and that 2) the only person who had a reason to leak it was Pierce not CDC confuses the hell out of me.

do you not think the second thing happens with whoever y'all hire?because if it doesn't you are boned...or are y'all going to eschew on using the portal moving forward in every sport?

healthy? no. but that's how it is now. to choose to ignore it (Clemson in football) is guaranteeing irrelevancy.

• Hook 'Em 4

40% of the players? If by that you mean like three or four guys then sure. And yeah all the NIL and transfer portal and all that stuff is new-ish and scary and might suck.

As for coaches, coaches taking new jobs and bringing their assistants with them has been completely normal forever. Just because it upsets you this one time doesn't make it bad for college sports.

You got a great coach and got a few great seasons out of it. You have momentum, go get new guys. Surely this is better than NOT having two top four finishes.

Edited by Valmy77

5 minutes ago, The Valtay Corporation said:

Looking at the way the press conference was handled and the timing of the Pierce firing and rumor literally as our team is playing for it all, I'm not sure how y'all can spin that as anything other than, at minimum, could have been handled better and more professionally, but hey, at least y'all got to own the aggys and drink our tears.

Crimony.  David Pierce told Kirk Bohls who wrote the initial blurb in the Chronicle.  UT had to corroborate.  There was no intention to announce Pierce's firing until the CWS was over.

Pull your head out of your ass.

• Hook 'Em 7

9 minutes ago, The Valtay Corporation said:

Because, I, the fan, have 4 years of tremendous memories and emotional ties to the school, which is often represented by it's sports teams, and its an oppotunity for me to enjoy and revel in the success of something that has had a tremendous influence on my life and success since I graduated. You know, the same reasons folks root for a sports team, except an order of magnitude more potent becuase it's also a place I got an education, had a ton of fucking good times, and enjoyed that transition from being a kid into an adult. 

Are you going to cry like a bitch when your favorite coaches and players leave your favorite pro teams? Did you wag your finger and go tsk tsk when Jimbo Fisher bought the "greatest recruiting class of all time" or when you hired Schloss from TCU? Of course you fucking didn't. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

why people don't understand 1) Pierce decision had been made and he was gone and that 2) the only person who had a reason to leak it was Pierce not CDC confuses the hell out of me.

The decision had been made long ago...but also only Pierce leaked it right after he found out.  SI and Orangebloods rumor mill run right away.  Hmm...yea, seems legit.  Just a miscommunication.

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 7

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Crimony.  David Pierce told Kirk Bohls who wrote the initial blurb in the Chronicle.  UT had to corroborate.  There was no intention to announce Pierce's firing until the CWS was over.

Facts don't matter. We have to answer for their narrative, not what actually happened.

9 minutes ago, The Valtay Corporation said:

Dave Chappelle Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

but also only Pierce leaked it right after he found out

So there was no public statements of confidence for Pierce this whole time while rumors swarmed of him being out at Texas, and you think he "just found out?" 

Edited by UncleBuck
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, The Valtay Corporation said:

The decision had been made long ago...but also only Pierce leaked it right after he found out.  SI and Orangebloods rumor mill run right away.  Hmm...yea, seems legit.  Just a miscommunication.

Look dude, we are not responsible for your conspiracy theories. Believe whatever fantasy story you want. You were not wronged in any special way.

There was absolutely nothing that happened here that hasn't happened in hundreds of coaching hires in the past. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

No, dumbass. Pierce leaked it to much-maligned Texas beat writer Kirk Bohls who just started his new gig for the Chronicle. An opportunistic scoop immediately at the new job. Nothing about that scenario is confusing considering the incentives those two individuals had.

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 8

4 minutes ago, The Valtay Corporation said:

But buying out most of your rivals makes caring about connections that the players have to their universities much more tenuous, and now we're absolutely watching a minor league with no salary cap or rules.  Why watch watch the minor leagues when someone can watch the pros instead?

I think it's pretty clear that this wasn't us money-whipping Schloss.  He wanted to come work with CDC.  He wanted to be somewhere with all of the advantages of A&M plus a few more.  He wanted to be someplace he could trust his AD.  The staff and any players that follow aren't money-whipped either.  They go with a head coach they respect and who will help build their careers. 

It's not all about money.  It's also about culture.  It's also about prestige (Texas is one of the three best baseball programs in history).  Y'all need to work a bit more on the last two and not be so focused on the first.  

• Hook 'Em 8

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Look dude, we are not responsible for your conspiracy theories. Believe whatever fantasy story you want. You were not wronged in any special way.

There was absolutely nothing that happened here that hasn't happened in hundreds of coaching hires in the past. 

Including when TAMU did the exact same thing with the exact same coach, 3 years ago.

• Hook 'Em 7

Just now, Guadaloopy said:

I think it's pretty clear that this wasn't us money-whipping Schloss.  He wanted to come work with CDC.  He wanted to be somewhere with all of the advantages of A&M plus a few more.  He wanted to be someplace he could trust his AD.  The staff and any players that follow aren't money-whipped either.  They go with a head coach they respect and who will help build their careers. 

It's not all about money.  It's also about culture.  It's also about prestige (Texas is one of the three best baseball programs in history).  Y'all need to work a bit more on the last two and not be so focused on the first.  

But it is mostly about wanting to work with CDC. He didn't want to work here when it was Perrin.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Your football team bought an entire class with Hefty bags full of cash and your fan base  chest-thumped for years afterward about how you had more money than anyone, including Texas.  There is no school more responsible for this current state of athletics, than your own.  If you can acknowledge that and still believe that college sports are in jeopardy, then peace.  But if you think TAMU is somehow above it and not largely responsible for it, then you're lying to yourself and everyone else.

Our AD is absolutely not above reproach for a number of irresponsible decisions and a culture that continues to allow it to happen.  We're not above self-reflection.  But A&M is not responsible for killing the Pac-12 and last I checked no Aggies were on SCOTUS to decide NIL, two things that will likely cause the market share of college sports to decrease YoY.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Billy and Kendall have tweeted your administration knew about this back in April.  Trev hasn't done shit to get prepared.  You are getting upset at the wrong people.  

• Hook 'Em 5

7 minutes ago, The Valtay Corporation said:

idk what to tell you but if you think the decision to fire Pierce was made that day and handled that poorly you haven't been paying any attention to CDC or how things are done.

again, there was a single person who benefited from leaking it. one. it was David Pierce.

10 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

but you gotta admit... the timing, as it did happen, was a LOT funnier! 🤣🤣🤣

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Balcones said:

Billy and Kendall have tweeted your administration knew about this back in April.  Trev hasn't done shit to get prepared.  You are getting upset at the wrong people.  

If they've know about this since April, Trev is committing malpractice by not having a replacement to announce today.

• Hook 'Em 9

1 minute ago, NoName said:

idk what to tell you but if you think the decision to fire Pierce was made that day and handled that poorly you haven't been paying any attention to CDC or how things are done.

again, there was a single person who benefited from leaking it. one. it was David Pierce.

Or...your AD, the same guy taking a picture at a graveyard at Snook, might not be above making moves that may not portray his professionalism in the best light.  You don't think your AD has a petty bone in his body and that this was handled with all class?

• Haha 4
  • Fuck You 21

7 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Well, I wouldn't say NOTHING. Pulling a coach away to an in-state rival the DAY after said rival played for a national title while also one week away from crashing their "100 year decision" party?

hehehehe... hehehehe... hehe... hehahahaHAHAHAHA 🤣🤣

it's a tiny little bit different from most, hahaha

• Drool 1

5 minutes ago, NoName said:

Well, two, actually. Kurt did, too.

1 minute ago, The Valtay Corporation said:

Or...your AD, the same guy taking a picture at a graveyard at Snook, might not be above making moves that may not portray his professionalism in the best light.  You don't think your AD has a petty bone in his body and that this was handled with all class?

Petty bone against who?

Id start a fatwa on you but I appreciate a red ass aggy

I mean they were 7 outs away from not only winning the CWS but the first team to sweep the postseason since UCLA in 2013 and something we have not done since our first title in 1949 (back then we only had to win 5 games vs 10 games now).

Admittedly I thought Schloss was demonstrably insane to put a freshman who had appeared in only 9 games all season in a close out game you led by 1.  Then I though it was quintuple level dumb to let him stay in and bleed out giving up the 2 out, 2 run bomb to the mendoza line hitting catcher when you had better arms in the pen. 

28 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Man, that guy is BUTT HURT.  What a pussy.  I encourage all to watch it at least from the point suggested above -- ~ 1:20:00.  Jilted lover syndrome on steroids.  LMAO

The entire aggy psyche is built off that university.  Their entire identity is aggy.  Coaches aren't your friends.  They are hired hitmen with absolutely no loyalty to any school, especially to aggy.  Yet, Texags befriends them to get inside info, they fall for it hook, line, and sinker, and get butthurt when they get ditched.  It's all made possible by Texags essentially being a pawn of the athletic department and a cover as an "independent enterprise".  The fact that people like that fat fuck fail to realize that is what makes me question the general IQ of society.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, The Valtay Corporation said:

again, what's the upside for CDC? making it rain on your best friends biggest day? leaking it to Kirk Bohles of all people?

it's petty enough to take the coach, staff and whoever else. there's no need to talk shit during the CWS when you are taking the coach the day after the CWS.

i understand you are frustrated about this but of the entire situation, this is on Bohles and Pierce. the only ones who had any benefit to getting it out there. one needed a scoop in his new job and one was trying to negotiate a buyout #.

if you are CDC you want to play it as close to the vest as humanly possibly, and then steal your rivals national championship winning coach and your best friend the day after they win. not have it leaked all over the place in the middle of things.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, pearlandhorn said:

Coaches aren't your friends.  They are hired hitmen with absolutely no loyalty to any school,

Truth bomb right here. They'll say the words you want em to say because they're paid to do it, but they gotta win and you gotta take care of em.

Aggy forgot about that second part when they hired Trev.

1 hour ago, jdhorn92 said:

If we lost JT, what are the odds the 1B that transferred from Texas to Tech comes back?  IIRC he bailed for playing time.  Kid rakes from what i recall.

1 hour ago, troph said:

that's probably right, OU and A&M but after this week, I regret the decision to re-engage with those bumbling fucktard knuckleheads, whoop!

Yeah, Gavin Kash. Pretty sure he burned bridges here, but then, who is left either on the roster or the staff? I personally don't want him back, but I'm not in a position to say anything about it. I think he's already in the portal (or was, don't know if he's signed anywhere). 

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Is Witt done?  He's still eligible if the new staff wants him, right?

He's technically a Junior, but if he has any hopes of playing professional ball (not just MLB, but farm system), I think the consensus is he has to go now and rehab there and work his way up there. Another year in college isn't going to improve his draft stock, and it puts him another year behind in the farm system. At least that's what I've heard from folks who know more than me about it. 

Edited by hornian
  • Hook 'Em 2

You think our AD had something to beneift by putting his buddy the coach in a bad situation at press conferences, where he might look bad, and sics the media on his ass as opposed to just waiting another 3-4 days? Because I can say NOT being petty would have made this more advantageous for Schloss, a guy who he claims is a friend. You think that is what friends do to each other, make life harder to be petty to little brother?

Meanwhile, the portal closers July 1st. When exactly SHOULD this have been announced? You'd have preferred May?

• Hook 'Em 5