Texas Baseball 2025 - Show Me A Schloss

petscii

6 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Well, I wouldn't say NOTHING. Pulling a coach away to an in-state rival the DAY after said rival played for a national title while also one week away from crashing their "100 year decision" party?

hehehehe... hehehehe... hehe... hehahahaHAHAHAHA 🤣🤣

it's a tiny little bit different from most, hahaha

Well...that's a coincidence. We couldn't have possibly known Pierce would melt down and Schloss would take A&M to the title series and A&M's AD and Schloss fall out AND we go to the SEC all at the same time. You just can't plan something like that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, The Valtay Corporation said:

Or...your AD, the same guy taking a picture at a graveyard at Snook, might not be above making moves that may not portray his professionalism in the best light.  You don't think your AD has a petty bone in his body and that this was handled with all class?

Dude, CDC drug his nuts over y’all’s face. That’s how I would describe it. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, hornian said:

Yeah, Gavin Kash. Pretty sure he burned bridges here, but then, who is left either on the roster or the staff? I personally don't want him back, but I'm not in a position to say anything about it. I think he's already in the portal (or was, don't know if he's signed anywhere). 

Lot's of people can play 1B and we aren't short people who can hit.  Spending external NIL money on this position seems regarded.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, The Valtay Corporation said:

Or...your AD, the same guy taking a picture at a graveyard at Snook, might not be above making moves that may not portray his professionalism in the best light.  You don't think your AD has a petty bone in his body and that this was handled with all class?

Trying Not To Laugh GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, The Valtay Corporation said:

Class? An Aggie talking about class?  Aggies call us "sips" as in "tea sippers".  As in "we the Aggies think it is a bad thing that our rival is generally regarded as more metropolitan and sophisticated, so somehow it is an insult for us to accuse them of drinking tea."  Christ.

Also, are business arrangements judged by the class with which they are handled?  Was it classy when Schloss publicly denied going to A&M until he went?  Was it classy to enjoy the fruits of that deal in the form of almost winning a national championship?  Was it classy when the AD pissed off his baseball manager by firing his close working associate unilaterally to save money for a football buyout?  More importantly, did anyone at any point care if it was classy besides Aggies?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CTC2 said:

Dude, CDC drug his nuts over y’all’s face. That’s how I would describe it. 

We are aligned.  I'm not convinced that the timing of the firing announcement, right before our big game and not right after y'all got bounced from the CWS, was not done intentionally to poke A&M in the eye for the lolz.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Valtay Corporation said:

We are aligned.  I'm not convinced that the timing of the firing announcement, right before our big game and not right after y'all got bounced from the CWS, was not done intentionally to poke A&M in the eye for the lolz.  

look man. there is no upside to that. the much, much, much bigger story is him winning the CWS, then Texas hiring him out of literal nowhere the day after the CWS is over.

why go for an eye poke when you can, as you mentioned, rip someone's heart out Temple of Doom style?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Edited by NoName
  • Haha 7
  • Drool 1

There is no upside to trolling your 'little brother'?  *Gestures broadly at this board*

why troll them when you can own the entire narrative and news cycle?

again - ripping out a heart >>> an eye poke or troll

also, CDC Is way more professional than we are lol

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 2

For your logic to hold, CDC would have announced the firing on Sunday, the first opportunity that the ags had at closing it out. Saturday actually would have made the most sense for maximum interference if that was truly the goal. 

• Hook 'Em 6

8 minutes ago, zzz said:

For your logic to hold, CDC would have announced the firing on Sunday, the first opportunity that the ags had at closing it out. Saturday actually would have made the most sense for maximum interference if that was truly the goal. 

For his "logic" to hold, public universities would have to be in the habit of negotiating and announcing 8-figure investments in such a way as to maximize hurt feelings on other universities' message boards.

It's fucking asinine.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 2

39 minutes ago, NoName said:

why people don't understand 1) Pierce decision had been made and he was gone

Because he's only listening to Looch and Brauny, who are too stupid to deduce that, when he could have looked at the 2024 thread while he was lurking here and noticed that everyone but Balcones realized he was fired two weeks ago.

• Hook 'Em 6

15 minutes ago, The Valtay Corporation said:

This is because you're an aggie. Yall are always the righteous, longsuffering victims of the evil t.u.'s conspirations with the devil himself to hold down God's chosen people from their more than deserved birthright.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Jilted Looch is more full of shit than regular looch

Not cosmically possible. Looch = Max full of shitness 24/7/365 or 366.

32 minutes ago, The Valtay Corporation said:

I want to scream every time I encounter aggy spouting off about class to another fanbase. Because it ALWAYS comes with the implication, if not outright claim, that class is their guiding principle. And history proves this to be full of shit, just like their "aggies don't lie, cheat or steal" trope.

18 minutes ago, The Valtay Corporation said:

Of course you don't believe it.  You and all your aggy brethren are doing all the mental gymnastics you can to fit this entire episode into a good vs evil narrative, where CDC is, of course, the Devil himself.

• Hook 'Em 3

23 minutes ago, The Valtay Corporation said:

Imagine not only thinking some dumb shit like this but actually posting it on this here internet. 

Edited by wildcat09
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, jdhorn92 said:

If we lost JT, what are the odds the 1B that transferred from Texas to Tech comes back?  IIRC he bailed for playing time.  Kid rakes from what i recall.

Also, if the outfield is improved, why not move Gasparino to 1B? He has the length (my wife likes to call him "the longest man in baseball" - I think she's talking about his height, right?).

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, The Valtay Corporation said:

You realize that was an "if necessary" game, right?  If y'all hadn't choked Sunday's game, that game never happens, so why didn't we make the firing announcement Sunday?

• Hook 'Em 4

35 minutes ago, The Valtay Corporation said:

Then you're being willfully obtuse and blinded by your emotions. It's painfully obvious who is to blame for that. And even if it wasn't as obvious as it is, the relationship between CDC and Schloss should make it abundantly clear that CDC had absolutely nothing to do with the story getting out Monday morning. 

1 hour ago, The Valtay Corporation said:

Mostly here to lurk.  Real talk from an A&M fan.  No beating around the bush, this was getting our heart ripped out of our chest.  It sucks.  Looking at the way the press conference was handled and the timing of the Pierce firing and rumor literally as our team is playing for it all, I'm not sure how y'all can spin that as anything other than, at minimum, could have been handled better and more professionally, but hey, at least y'all got to own the aggys and drink our tears.

Looking ahead, the cupboard is probably going to be bare next year.  That said, we have money, we NIL resources, and we GAF about college athletics.  We'll be back in Omaha within the decade if not sooner, given how the new rules will make it easier to quickly buy our own mercenaries.

And zooming out, if your squad next year is 100% of our coaches and 40% of our players wearing burnt orange instead of maroon, I don't see how that's good for the long term health of college sports.  That's much bigger than an A&M/UT issue.  But buying out most of your rivals makes caring about connections that the players have to their universities much more tenuous, and now we're absolutely watching a minor league with no salary cap or rules.  Why watch watch the minor leagues when someone can watch the pros instead?

What was unprofessional about anything that was done? Texas doesn’t dictate their course of actions around aggy schedules. That doesn’t make any sense.

• Hook 'Em 1