Texas Baseball 2025 - Show Me A Schloss

petscii

2 hours ago, BillyGoatHill said:

40 is an NCAA change for the '25 baseball season.

32 scholarships (still divided) but that has increased from the the previous 27 player limit.

Those scholarships (11.7 divided up at 25%) will be increasing also for TEXAS Baseball as the University will be adding women's sports (Title IX) for gymnastics and most likely women's lacrosse ( at least that's what was reported yesterday on Texas Sports Unfiltered).

Seriously? We're finally adding gymnastics????

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, BillyGoatHill said:

40 is an NCAA change for the '25 baseball season.

32 scholarships (still divided) but that has increased from the the previous 27 player limit.

Those scholarships (11.7 divided up at 25%) will be increasing also for TEXAS Baseball as the University will be adding women's sports (Title IX) for gymnastics and most likely women's lacrosse ( at least that's what was reported yesterday on Texas Sports Unfiltered).

Women's lacrosse would be a very strange choice.

14 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Florida and Vanderbilt both have it lol 

And they play in the AAC - Which I guess we could join for women's lacrosse so that we can play teams like Old Dominion, James Madison, East Carolina, and Temple.

I guess if another school in the SEC added it, we could have a four team conference.

57 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

So the vaunted, yet unidentified A&M 12th man, is literally a bot?  But we don't live in a simulation?  

Anybody else wanna hit of acid?  

It's going to be fun for the normies when hypernovelty sets in and they find out that yeah we do live in a simulation and damn near everything they were taught in the matter based theory of existence is 90% wrong for failing to take consciousness into the equation.

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah. And look how grateful they are for their success?

This is why they suck. They should be excitedly building on an amazing run. Instead they are going to burn it all down in a fit of nonsensical rage. Schlossnagle came in and worked miracles. They should be thanking him for an amazing job done. It is insane.

They would be gushing about him...were he leaving to manage the Yankees or Dodgers. But sippy is a bridge too far. 

11 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

It's going to be fun for the normies when hypernovelty sets in and they find out that yeah we do live in a simulation and damn near everything they were taught in the matter based theory of existence is 90% wrong for failing to take consciousness into the equation.

Wait What Reaction GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, UncleBuck said:

I definitely don't think many people are denying it. I just think that today, after having taken their coaching staff and at least one pitching recruit -and also after opening up more recruitments and sending some of their players into the portal- that they're not on that tier above anymore. 

They're not.  They are a very long way from it, in fact.

That program has been detonated.

• Hook 'Em 2

26 minutes ago, TexasGary said:

I realize it's aggy so I probably already know the answer, but perhaps they should stop and think before they continue to post the outrage, law suits, phone numbers, and death threats. All of their potential replacement candidates are watching and listening to everything that is being posted / said.

You already know the answer.

35 minutes ago, TexasGary said:

I realize it's aggy so I probably already know the answer, but perhaps they should stop and think before they continue to post the outrage, law suits, phone numbers, and death threats. All of their potential replacement candidates are watching and listening to everything that is being posted / said.

That's why they have to hire coaches who are 100% aggy.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, BillyGoatHill said:

1989. Wichita State

CBS took over the broadcast that year and wanted a one game winner take all Championship game (instead of the usual double elimination) for viewing stakes. No way they beat us twice. Still pissed about that one.

The only funny thing about that game is my son’s soccer coach in South Austin claimed to have played on that WSU team as a P/OF. About 10 years later, I searched the WSU Shockers athletic page to verify, and he was neither on that team nor had he ever lettered for WSU.

He also claimed to have left his professor position at UT to teach at one of the private schools in Austin because UT put too much pressure on him to publish instead of teach. Not sure if I buy that UT bit given his bs baseball story. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Saint Austin said:

Sounds VERY unofficial. Would also be bullshit for us to add WOMEN’S LACROSSE before men’s soccer. 

Have to add a women's sport to add spending for a men's sport, to stay compliant with Title IX. We should be playing men's volleyball, too. Crazy that we aren't.

Edited by wood

35 minutes ago, Cajun said:

They're not.  They are a very long way from it, in fact.

That program has been detonated.

Really great detective work there, guys.  I wasn't talking about going forward, I was talking about the past few years.  They were better than us.  That's why we hired their coach.  Now they're fucked.  Are we all on the same page or are we going to continue to parse this shit six ways from Sunday?

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Saint Austin said:

Sounds VERY unofficial. Would also be bullshit for us to add WOMEN’S LACROSSE before men’s soccer. 

8 minutes ago, wood said:

Have to add a women's sport to add a men's sport, to stay compliant with Title IX. We should be playing men's volleyball, too. Crazy that we aren't.

THIS ^^^.

THANKS Wood.

Didn't think I needed to spell it out. 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Really great detective work there, guys.  I wasn't talking about going forward, I was talking about the past few years.  They were better than us.  That's why we hired their coach.  Now they're fucked.  Are we all on the same page or are we going to continue to parse this shit six ways from Sunday?

Do you even Surly bro?

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I vote for parse.

• Haha 2

@closetojumping

I still really want verification on the select club spurning Texas. I am serious, it would serve to hurt aggy recruiting enormously if I had concrete evidence I could share. DM me if you want to keep it SSS. I can get it to the right select coaches and it would hurt not only that org, but aggy. All names redacted of course.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

83490CAA-C457-4C2D-B468-4D9ADA9C550F.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Texas Wahoo said:

Women's lacrosse would be a very strange choice.

This is a good one.  Probably have 35 girls on the team.  Lots of scholarship balance.  Its also a good sport for girls to grow up playing.  

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Florida and Vanderbilt both have it lol 

I think Florida plays in the Big 12.  I kind of like the idea of adding Womens LAX to keep on winning Big 12 trophies.  Love trolling Yormark.

https://big12sports.com/news/2024/2/20/big-12-adds-affiliates-in-lacrosse-rowing.aspx

Edited by Balcones
  • Hook 'Em 1