Texas Baseball 2025 - Show Me A Schloss

petscii

24 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

@closetojumping

I still really want verification on the select club spurning Texas. I am serious, it would serve to hurt aggy recruiting enormously if I had concrete evidence I could share. DM me if you want to keep it SSS. I can get it to the right select coaches and it would hurt not only that org, but aggy. All names redacted of course.

It’s 12. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HOOKEM4 said:

@closetojumping

I still really want verification on the select club spurning Texas. I am serious, it would serve to hurt aggy recruiting enormously if I had concrete evidence I could share. DM me if you want to keep it SSS. I can get it to the right select coaches and it would hurt not only that org, but aggy. All names redacted of course.

I for one am hoping somebody is getting a team of our lawyers pooled together and ……

Edited by Wishbone

28 minutes ago, speed817 said:

Spelling huh??? 🤔

Screenshot_20240627-181909.thumb.png.b0db5b6a68bed30085ec3dcac37e13fa.png

Reminds me of the TexAgs thread with Jace's deleted tweet, where he botched the spelling on multiple words (unbeknownst to aggy).  One mentioned how their football players just tweet emojis and another responded something like "yeah, but our baseball players know how to spell"...

And found it:

image.thumb.png.14f450df6b21e518212bacb493222be5.png

image.png.23485adbf5ccf8d97f52e20b83a7ad28.png

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Just leave this thread as the season thread given it was posted first, and change Derka’s thread title to whatever it was before or something else humorous. Then lock the Pierce thread. 

I'm fine with pitching this thread for the slossgobbling one.. 

I'll post the schedule stuff as it drops and do an update when the next tidbit comes out.

2 hours ago, Saint Austin said:

Why? Thousands of boys in this state don’t play volleyball; they do play soccer. 

Not sure what you're trying to say either, but lots of boys in Texas do want to play volleyball without having to pay lots of money to do so. Texas boys indoor club vb is growing by leaps and bounds every new season. There's a group pushing for it as a UIL sport, led by former UT coaches Glen Lietzke (the owner of Austin Junior Volleyball) and Mick Haley. Glen was Mick's assistant coach here. Apparently it could actually happen, as the UIL is thinking of adding girls beach vb. That would open the door for boys indoor vb. The idea is to have them play in the spring, so football and basketball players could play. With the athletic talent in this state, if they do it, it won't be long before Texas is the recruiting hotbed for college men's vb programs. They already recruit hard from the boys indoor club teams in Texas. My kid got some interest from northern private schools, but wasn't ready to pay private school prices and freeze his ass off for 6 months out of the year in Podunk, Iowa/Illinois/Mass/Indiana/CT, etc.

I've been told Jerritt Elliott loves the idea and would push hard for a UT Men's VB program if that happens. /csb 

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Js1 said:

It was the 2009 game.  As soon as they went up 7-0 in the first quarter, some drunk roided out frat doofus behind me punched me in the back of the head and started trash talking how we sucked and were gonna get blown out and were overrated. 

My aggy friends I went with didn't tolerate it and got on his ass. He did apologize by the 4th quarter when we went up 10 points and then they missed the FG that ended it. I assumed he had sobered up. 

That game was entirely too close for comfort for us being #3 in the country.  And it also hurt, I had a good bump back there for a while.  I'm pretty sure he got me with the aggy ring hand.

Did y’all fuck after?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BrazilHorn said:

Just tuned in. Holy shit Biden looks like his skin is stretched across his face like that crazy aggy fan from Florida game in CWS and he is stammering and has no voice. 

Give him some hot tea or something. Jesus. 
This is rough. 

Trump promising to end war in Ukraine prior to being sworn in. So I guess he just gets to lie the entire debate??? WTF? 

confused disney animation GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Balcones said:

This is a good one.  Probably have 35 girls on the team.  Lots of scholarship balance.  Its also a good sport for girls to grow up playing.  

I think Florida plays in the Big 12.  I kind of like the idea of adding Womens LAX to keep on winning Big 12 trophies.  Love trolling Yormark.

https://big12sports.com/news/2024/2/20/big-12-adds-affiliates-in-lacrosse-rowing.aspx

Hotties don't play lacrosse though

Keep an eye on this one. Committed to A&M earlier this month and is from Arizona where Earley has a ton of connections.

https://fairfieldstags.com/sports/baseball/roster/matt-bergevin/6688

Edit: just saw OTF posted he is visiting Monday so he certainly isn’t being shy about his plans.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 4

5 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yup, worst in a while.  Dealing with my wife's health issues.  Sorry I snapped.

No worries JJ.  I do it myself far too often.  I wasn't trying to be an ass by asking.  On a garden variety day you wouldn't have read my post that way.

I truly hope your wife (and your family) power through whatever the issues are.

Edited by Cajun
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, Cajun said:

No worries JJ.  I do it myself far too often.  I wasn't trying to be an ass by asking.  On a garden variety day you wouldn't have read my post that way.

I truly hope your wife (and your family) power through whatever the issues are.

Just some gettin' older shit, nothing terminal (other than life itself).  I've been a bitch all day.  I know it when it happens.

• Hook 'Em 6

There is a chance this offense is lethal next year if they fit the puzzle pieces together correctly in the infield.

Bergevin is a 1B/DH type most likely. If Grahovic comes he obviously slots in at 3B. Flores or portal at SS and portal or Kennedy at 2B.

I think they are going to try to add multiple OF’s because there are so many good ones on the hook. Sorrell, Winfield (ULM), potentially Laviolette and potentially the Penn transfer who was previously committed to A&M.

8 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

There is a chance this offense is lethal next year if they fit the puzzle pieces together correctly in the infield.

Bergevin is a 1B/DH type most likely. If Grahovic comes he obviously slots in at 3B. Flores or portal at SS and portal or Kennedy at 2B.

I think they are going to try to add multiple OF’s because there are so many good ones on the hook. Sorrell, Winfield (ULM), potentially Laviolette and potentially the Penn transfer who was previously committed to A&M.

Isn’t the Penn transfer a pitcher? Or are there two Ivy leaguers coming? 

3 hours ago, NashLonghorn said:

I thought it was a deuce.  

I thought Old Dime Box was the hallowed grounds

and anyone have thoughts on aggy looking at the ousux coach......of course aggy is trashing their facilities and commitment to baseball as a reason that he does not have a huge record of major wins.....but it would hit ousux, he would most likely fail at aggy, but ousux might hire a better coach out of it all though

27 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Sorrell and Grahovic are the two A&M guys I feel best about right now. 

There is a chance Laviolette returns to A&M depending on who they hire. I’m sure he is someone they will gladly pay out the ass for out of desperation.

Looks like it’s gonna be Heefner from DBU. From what I’ve seen on Twitter

6 hours ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Dime Box would have been way more appropriate because he dropped a YUGE dime right down their neck …

Actually, there's a better named place in that area for this purpose about 45 miles away from Snook.

It's even on 290...... LEDBETTER!  Lulz.

Edited by BachelorTrek

9 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

We will never stop being bitter about that. Hehe.

But the one game championship lasted until whatever shitty network paid to televise the title game (and did a shitty job, they sent all their MLB guys to cover it who didn't give a shit about college baseball) which was until 2002. We were, in fact, the last team to win the single game championship.

Oklahoma State also was eliminated from the CWS with only one loss when they lost the title game in 1990. Wichita State, the team who beat us, then had the same thing happen to them in 1991 and 1993.

In fact it might have been more common than not for the CWS runner-up to only have one loss during that era.

9 hours ago, Jiggy-Z said:

1989 v. Wichita St.

I thought the one game format lasted until 2002 when Texas  beat SC.

You guys are right. We were only the first team to get ousted with one loss, but I forgot that format lasted for over a decade. The 90s were not the best of times for Texas baseball (except for one semifinal), so it’s all a blur to me. 

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

Keep an eye on this one. Committed to A&M earlier this month and is from Arizona where Earley has a ton of connections.

https://fairfieldstags.com/sports/baseball/roster/matt-bergevin/6688

Edit: just saw OTF posted he is visiting Monday so he certainly isn’t being shy about his plans.

Matty Burgers

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

Sorrell and Grahovic are the two A&M guys I feel best about right now. 

There is a chance Laviolette returns to A&M depending on who they hire. I’m sure he is someone they will gladly pay out the ass for out of desperation.

With as much eligibility as Kent has left, and his siblings at Texas, what's the word with him? He plays immediately here.