Texas Baseball 2025 - Show Me A Schloss

petscii

1 hour ago, Celery Man said:

You throw a 😆 on a few stories and then it starts giving you the Gig’em Gazette

IMG_8721.thumb.jpeg.3052d61fea8635c8071fed3ae4792b5d.jpeg

https://www.facebook.com/share/VbK4u6FbqVhT2qnT/?mibextid=WC7FNe

lol the cope

0fc72b6b2085ba95628075928588d9314d95bbe4

After what was supposed to be a surreptitious exit to a rival school became botched due to the man’s intemperate and incondite answer to a press conference question, new Texas coach Jim Schlossnagle is having his feet held to the fire in the national media. 

Someone got a brand new thesaurus for his 15th birthday!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

I hate when I am blindsided and accidentally sign a contract to work at a new school

"Max, I've decided to take the job at The University of Texas. I'd like to have you join my..."

"Yes"

"...Staff there. It will be $150K more than you're making...hey, where are you going"

"Austin!"

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Balcones said:

Augie only lived here for 8 months out of the year. He didn’t do any of the extra bullshit. Can you imagine Augie coaching 9 year olds in July UT Baseball camp? Ha!

My son (age 7) attended the Texas baseball camp during Augie’s first UT trip to Omaha. They went 2 n Q, so they returned to DFF while the camp was still in session. Augie made zero effort to welcome the camp kids or spend 5 minutes mingling with them.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

I believe 13-0 Branding Iron passed away a few years ago 

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

He was definitely crazy, but seemed to be (but who really knows with all our online bullshit) about my age.  Based on some references he made.  Hope it was painless since it was probably before his time.  

Anyway, back to 'Baseball Law'........

He died a few years ago.  I think he graduated high school in 1981 or so because he went to same school and was in same class as Roger Clemens.  I think he would be in early 60s.  Pretty sure he had some pretty severe substance abuse issues.

Texags thread on him passing:

https://texags.com/forums/6/topics/3261297

So my Brandi story (which some know):

I was at a client in Houston in the early 00's. The controller was a good Ag who knew I posted here. He didn't know my user name. There was a paralegal there who was an Ag….odd dude. Used to run the stairs after work. Would pose in the mirror in the men's room.

One day the Aggie controller said "did you see Tom (the paralegal) challenged some guy to fight and the YMCA down the road on Texags?" I hadn't seen the thread yet. I said "wait who is Tom on Texags." He said "13 0 Branding Iron." You could've knocked me over with a feather. After that this guy and I would share laughs whenever he posted some crazy ****

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Oh yeah, txjortsagent 

That guy is out of prison but he's been disbarred from practicing law, got divorced and is persona non grata because he scammed a bunch of people on Texags out of money.  Real winner that guy turned out to be.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

He died a few years ago.  I think he graduated high school in 1981 or so because he went to same school and was in same class as Roger Clemens.  I think he would be in early 60s.  Pretty sure he had some pretty severe substance abuse issues.

Texags thread on him passing:

https://texags.com/forums/6/topics/3261297

That's a weird story.  I don't know why he struck me as being about my age and similar lack of maturity.  Looks like he was significantly older.  I would not have guessed fighting people at the YMCA, but Aggie gonna Aggie.  Yeah, even from my deranged ass...that dude always seemed unhinged.  But I hope he went painlessly and is in a better place.  

One of the reasons I like this place.  We can all bullshit and pontificate and bloviate (Lord knows I'm leading that charge), but there are good friends on here.  Folks I've helped IRL, and folks who've helped me through some shit, IRL.  Most message boards and social media are just absolutely toxic.  Seemed like Branding Iron was trying to let some shit out, but didn't know how.  There is more connectivity than ever given technology and travel, but yet we are more isolated and alone.  We still have the same percentage of mentally ill, addicted, and suicide as we did 100 years ago despite all the helpful resources being more available than ever.  In the end, broadcast your shit to get it off your chest and listen to people in distress. 

And play and watch baseball whenever you can.  I played some format of baseball for every day of my childhood and even Fall Ball for Stetson University.  There isn't a game that goes by where I don't learn something new about the pastime and how it's a reflection of real life.  Like it was conveniently placed upon our laps 150 years ago when we needed it most.  Augie was right, it is at once the most cruel and most beautiful life experience all at the same time.  May Schloss carry that torch, onward...through the fog.

• Hook 'Em 3

23 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

My son (age 7) attended the Texas baseball camp during Augie’s first UT trip to Omaha. They went 2 n Q, so they returned to DFF while the camp was still in session. Augie made zero effort to welcome the camp kids or spend 5 minutes mingling with them.

Spoiler alert....your son is not a very good baseball player.

• Haha 6

On 6/26/2024 at 12:52 AM, ButtFumble said:

https://texags.com/forums/8/topics/3469040

this thread is pretty fun......aggy wanking their "big swinging dicks" on TCU......and then oh wait whooomp whooomp whooomp

even better when you look all the "should be a lawsuit" and "we need to FOIA" threads

I've always thought the buy-out clause in contracts are compensatory damages for poaching coaches.

But, aggy doesn't include those in contracts bc every corch loves A&M and will never, ever leave. Right, Jimbo?

• Hook 'Em 1