Texas Baseball 2025 - Show Me A Schloss

petscii

On 6/25/2024 at 10:05 PM, Hookem2147 said:

Current portal guys to keep an eye on (credit to current members of the team for recruiting guys while there basically wasn't a coaching staff in place for 3 weeks):

Myles Patton (LHP, Long Beach State)- pretty sure this one is already close to being locked up

Easton Winfield (OF, ULM)- I think this one is pretty far down the tracks as well

Gavin Kilen (SS, Louisivlle)- Top SS in the portal and held off deciding so he could visit A&M after the CWS

1 for 1. And I like where we are with Patton.

Unsure on Kilen right now

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Drool 1

58 minutes ago, Js1 said:

.332 and 10 HR

4 homers and 7 steals versus SFA and Alabama A&M.  Both bottom 10 in RPI with a combined 20-82 record.  He’s pretty focused in some games.  Toss in Grsmbling and Little Rock, and you’ve got about half his XBHs in 8 games.

Against the tough comp he was very mediocre with little pop.

Probably a good athlete with skills.  Not much assistance around him in the lineup.  Interesting that he’s a top 100 guy for 2026.  May just be tapping into his potential.

3 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

4 homers and 7 steals versus SFA and Alabama A&M.  Both bottom 10 in RPI with a combined 20-82 record.  He’s pretty focused in some games.  Toss in Grsmbling and Little Rock, and you’ve got about half his XBHs in 8 games.

Probably a good athlete with skills.  Not much assistance around him in the lineup.  Interesting that he’s a top 100 guy for 2026.  May just be tapping into his potential.

Maybe you’re just stupid and don’t understand baseball? 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

You and balcones finally done moving?

• Haha 2

image.thumb.png.b03c8aba549bb77aeca210d0e8c7e0dd.png

34 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Always a Texas fan.

Sorry I don’t disparage and shit on those that don’t live up to your standard.  There’s enough of that here anyway.

So your view as a Texas fan is to basically try and shit on a top portal commit? Something that the old coach fucking sucked at getting. Good job Texas fan 

• Hook 'Em 6

20 minutes ago, jkates said:

False. The domino was Chuck Box.

If you think a “big domino” tweeted by a national writer is an off-field assistant following the head coach who hired him, I got some ocean front property to sell in Arizona.

Texas is going to have to work hard to retain their good players. That is what happens when you make a coaching change. We aren’t immune to that.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

Rogers not backing off the Max flip

he’s gonna have a tough time at atm, what with their fans booing him and trashing his name for being a disloyal piece of shit. hell he might be so tied up in litigation over the move that he doesn’t even have time to play.

59 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Lol you're surprised a 18 year old kid with those slash lines is a top 100 prospect? Not sure if serious. 

Yes.  Throw in a number of number high schoolers, some pitchers and guys from good programs, then yeah. as one who doesn’t track that, it is surprising.

Just checked it out, 4 high schoolers projected top 20 this year versus the 9 out of 20 historically.  I’d heard there was a shift from high school to college in the draft.  I would have guessed maybe 40 of 100 would be high schools kid but merely a guess.  But now you may have more juniors returning for their senior year due to NIL.  A high percent of pitchers drafted.

I don’t see him on the 1st or 2nd NCBWA all freshmen teams.    If you take 5 minutes, you’d see that slash line is built on Alabama A&M, SFA, Grambling and Little Rock.  Two of those were top 5 worst in runs given up.  A 3rd was top 20 worst in ERA.

I would guess this guy has more growth in him than most and is about to get his best coaching.  Obviously he has some speed and some pop.

2 hours ago, Had Enough said:

Why is David Pierce still posting here. 

5 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

You’re gonna wear yourself down criticizing every move we make

Nah, I’ll be here prognosticating great things like I generally do.  We will have a very competitive roster with I’d assume competition for playing time.

Put me down for the CWS next year.

With Lummus pitching the final out.

21 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I blasted the Charlie strong hire but once he was our guy I celebrated every recruit and action his first year.  I gave him a chance.  Schloss is far more accomplished than Charlie was

I was just trying to be cute with a reference to The Police song… 🤷‍♀️