Texas Baseball 2025 - Show Me A Schloss

petscii

On 6/30/2024 at 2:41 PM, CowtownHorn said:

Wow they got this updated quick.

IMG_2467.jpeg

Schloss is going to build a helluva coaching tree here.

43 minutes ago, txhorns said:

I’m really excited about Gasparino coming back.  My prediction is that he hits 25 HRs next year.

Same here, but I'm also thrilled Galvan is returning.  That kid has scrapper and leader in his aura.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/30/2024 at 7:43 PM, Had Enough said:

Yes.  Throw in a number of number high schoolers, some pitchers and guys from good programs, then yeah. as one who doesn’t track that, it is surprising.

Just checked it out, 4 high schoolers projected top 20 this year versus the 9 out of 20 historically.  I’d heard there was a shift from high school to college in the draft.  I would have guessed maybe 40 of 100 would be high schools kid but merely a guess.  But now you may have more juniors returning for their senior year due to NIL.  A high percent of pitchers drafted.

I don’t see him on the 1st or 2nd NCBWA all freshmen teams.    If you take 5 minutes, you’d see that slash line is built on Alabama A&M, SFA, Grambling and Little Rock.  Two of those were top 5 worst in runs given up.  A 3rd was top 20 worst in ERA.

I would guess this guy has more growth in him than most and is about to get his best coaching.  Obviously he has some speed and some pop.

Yeah, but how do you think he would do against UTRGV?

On 6/30/2024 at 9:12 PM, closetohumping said:

I blasted the Charlie strong hire but once he was our guy I celebrated every recruit and action his first year.  I gave him a chance.  Schloss is far more accomplished than Charlie was

He should have been who we asked to replace Augie with. He should have been his natural successor. Augie would have been proud. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana
  • Hook 'Em 1

Numbers wise I got this:

Coming back for sure (7): Gaspo, Belyeu, Whitehead, Grubbs, Galvan, Schuessler, Borba

Portal adds (4): Trop, Moffett, Winfield, Burns

On roster, not in portal yet (16): Sanders, Peterson, Service, Duplantier, Farmer, Cummings, Selvig, Tumis, Hamilton, Harrison, Zaharias, Santos, Bertsch, Howard, Shaw, O’Hara

Draft?? (6): Boehm, LBJ, Witt, Thomas, Flores, Duplantier

Medical redshirt??? (1): Mercer

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

“he’s just setting up those t sips to have their hearts broken, he’s an ag at heart, he’s just doing this so he can flip to a&m at the last minute and avenge us for what Schloss did, this is just good ole red-ass aggie bull!!!” -texags, probably 

Edited by Derka

36 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Numbers wise I got this:

Coming back for sure (7): Gaspo, Belyeu, Whitehead, Grubbs, Galvan, Schuessler, Borba

On roster, not in portal yet (16): Sanders, Peterson, Service, Duplantier, Farmer, Cummings, Selvig, Tumis, Hamilton, Harrison, Zaharias, Santos, Bertsch, Howard, Shaw, O’Hara

We do have an incoming freshman class, don’t we?

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Augie told him not to take it.  Schloss told the story in one of his interviews.

Oh wow. I did not know that. Did he expound on why that was? Seems strange, especially knowing it's his dream job.

Edit: I think @The_Great_Hornsby explained it, which makss a ton of sense. Patterson is a worthless  and useless faget

Edited by Spider2YBanana
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Oh wow. I did not know that. Did he expound on why that was? Seems strange, especially knowing it's his dream job.

Edit: I think @The_Great_Hornsby explained it, which makss a ton of sense. Patterson is a worthless  and useless faget

Augie was shortsighted in that regard.  Anyone with sense knew Patterson wasn't going to last long after his 1st 6 months and that Schloss would have easily outlasted him as Baseball coach.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, txhorns said:

I’m really excited about Gasparino coming back.  My prediction is that he hits 25 HRs next year.

He's a big "keep".  

That dude is oozing so much potential there outta be a team of bat girls around him 24/7 with rags  to wipe it up off of his shoes.

8 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Numbers wise I got this:

Just a reminder that Whitehead was having thoracic outlet surgery and is reasonably expected to throw about 5 mph faster this season.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, TexasRenegade said:

Augie was shortsighted in that regard.  Anyone with sense knew Patterson wasn't going to last long after his 1st 6 months and that Schloss would have easily outlasted him as Baseball coach.

Augie was a cranky old man by that point and didn't enjoy putting up with anyone's bullshit. I get it.

3 hours ago, TexasRenegade said:

Coaches want to work for who hires them.  This is an important reason Schloss is at Texas now.  Alberts was his new boss, not who hired him.  Augie told Schloss that you don’t want to work for Patterson.  So, if he took it, his boss sucks.  If boss is replaced, he wouldn’t know who his boss would be.  Then, in comes Perrin, who is a temp.  Seems like wise advice and a wise (non) move.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Drool 1