Texas Baseball 2025 - Show Me A Schloss

petscii

but the best defensive catcher I've seen on the 40 was Kevin Shannon

Have to agree and 2nd Kevin Shannon for defense. Everything Cafe said is accurate.  Definitely a liability at the plate, but his defense and throw them out arm was worth it.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, LCHorn said:

Can any of you that follow this better speculate on how exposed we might be on the prospect side to the draft?  I’m presuming the Westlake shortstop is gone and that Rodriguez is potentially his replacement, or is that overly presumptuous?

Rainer is certainly going to get paid several million dollars to avoid college.  Rodriguez seems far more likely to hit campus.  Oh, you probably mean the Austin Westlake ss Theo Gillen?  Yeah, he's getting paid too.

Edited by cafe society

3 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

Seems as good a place as any to post this. Let’s hope the Disch gets a similar treatment.

I'll say it again... The Disch needs a complete teardown. Gotta get rid of the old-style concourse/tunnel setup.

• Hook 'Em 3

22 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

I'll say it again... The Disch needs a complete teardown. Gotta get rid of the old-style concourse/tunnel setup.

No thanks, softball however needs some TNT. Disch needs dirt & grass, then candy it up however you'd like. Old man take, walkup music should be sent away.

• Hook 'Em 1

I got no problem making Jalin Flores the highest paid player on the team for him to run it back.

Premium position, middle of the order bat with another year under Tulo? I’ll bet that is worth the investment. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I got no problem making Jalin Flores the highest paid player on the team for him to run it back.

Premium position, middle of the order bat with another year under Tulo? I’ll bet that is worth the investment. 

Pay Me GIF

Edited by hobbes2702

1 hour ago, Goodman said:

No thanks, softball however needs some TNT. Disch needs dirt & grass, then candy it up however you'd like. Old man take, walkup music should be sent away.

No walkup music? Lou Gehrig probably was walking out to the hottest pumpup jams of the 1920s on organ. Bullshitting with your buddies about good and bad walkout songs is a hallowed baseball tradition. 

8 hours ago, Goodman said:

Couldn't agree more.

Keith Law updated his T100 draft rankings today. Flores (#69) and JT (#80) the only current players on the list.

Bryce Rainer (#9), Theo Gillen (#21), and Levi Sterling (#92) are the signees on there. First two are likely gone but hoping we can get at least 2 T100 guys of our five (+Samuel Richardson and Jason Flores) to campus.

Worth hitting home that this will be our best recruiting class in 10+ years, regardless of draft imo. We’re still a tier below LSU and Tennessee but this is the first year we’re signing a class that looks like a national contender, when we were more like T15-25 in most years. Just an order of magnitude difference in talent headed our way.

• Hook 'Em 5

10 hours ago, Goodman said:

Y'all gotta get over the grass, I don't think it's happening, and it probably doesn't have as much to do with the shadowing/sun as it does not having to make-up games, and not having to cancel camps etc... Hopefully they at least paint the dirt on, though, if not go to artificial dirt (if it's worth a shit). 

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Y'all gotta get over the grass, I don't think it's happening, and it probably doesn't have as much to do with the shadowing/sun as it does not having to make-up games, and not having to cancel camps etc... Hopefully they at least paint the dirt on, though, if not go to artificial dirt (if it's worth a shit). 

CDC has stated numerious times there will be a transition from turf to grass for both baseball and football in 2026 after the football practice facility is completed. Also aligns with the SEC requirements. 

Edited by Blackcat00
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Blackcat00 said:

CDC has stated numerious times there will be a transition from turf to grass for both baseball and football in 2026 after the football practice facility is completed. Also aligns with the SEC requirements. 

What SEC requirements? Tennessee -at the very least- plays on arti. 

As for what CDC has said about it, um....:

Translation: "I'm not going to give the real answer to that because I don't want to piss the purists off."

Edited by UncleBuck

7 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

What SEC requirements? Tennessee -at the very least- plays on arti. 

As for what CDC has said about it, um....:

Translation: "I'm not going to give the real answer to that because I don't want to piss the purists off."

They're going to go to grass....you don't want to be the only fucking team in your conference without it. The CWS is also a grass field so it makes no sense to not have grass and dirt.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

They're going to go to grass....you don't want to be the only fucking team in your conference without it. The CWS is also a grass field so it makes no sense to not have grass and dirt.

I literally just pointed out that Tennessee has artificial. After a quick google search, it appears that so do Vandy and Kentucky. 

I'm not making it up about why they don't want to go to grass. You can always use UV lighting rolled out on wheels on the small section that doesn't get the sunlight, so the shadowing is just an excuse, as it's 2024 ffs, the technology is there (and has been if you look at -for example- German soccerin' stadiums etc..). The other reasons are why they've kept it artificial. Just wish the basepaths looked like basepaths. 

Edited by UncleBuck
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Tennessee, Missouri, OU, Kentucky, Texas and Vandy all have turf.

Mississippi State has turf outlining the field with real grass in the field of play which I think looks horrible but I guess the thinking is to put turf in the places that have the most foot traffic.

image.thumb.png.e6214dc9ad2299bc3f592faef2ae7c57.png

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

Tennessee, Missouri, OU, Kentucky, Texas and Vandy all have turf.

Mississippi State has turf outlining the field with real grass in the field of play which I think looks horrible but I guess the thinking is to put turf in the places that have the most foot traffic.

image.thumb.png.e6214dc9ad2299bc3f592faef2ae7c57.png

I'd take that over what Texas has now.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rholl said:

fuck it lets get a true home field advantage….. grass and billy goat hill!!! 

Nah, the old astroturf and Billy goat hill. Make those outfielders read those weird hops that drop in and the infielders trying to field a grounder on that insane ass turf. 

Fuck it, let’s go back to the old Astro turf 

5 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Nah, the old astroturf and Billy goat hill. Make those outfielders read those weird hops that drop in and the infielders trying to field a grounder on that insane ass turf. 

Damn you!! 

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, UncleBuck said:

I literally just pointed out that Tennessee has artificial. After a quick google search, it appears that so do Vandy and Kentucky. 

I'm not making it up about why they don't want to go to grass. You can always use UV lighting rolled out on wheels on the small section that doesn't get the sunlight, so the shadowing is just an excuse, as it's 2024 ffs, the technology is there (and has been if you look at -for example- German soccerin' stadiums etc..). The other reasons are why they've kept it artificial. Just wish the basepaths looked like basepaths. 

Captain literal, it is the majority the SEC and they are looking to transition as well when warranties are up. CDS has also stated on his twitter they are looking to transition, this was to fans directly asking the question. 

Edited by Blackcat00

On 7/9/2024 at 6:14 AM, kevwun said:

Augie let them do walk up music over 20 years ago.  It goes back a long ways.

The walkup music is not the problem.  The problem is EV-REE BAH-DEE CLAP YO HANDZ!! and playing "Walking on Sunshine" every time someone draws a base on balls.

• Hook 'Em 7