Texas Baseball 2025 - Show Me A Schloss

petscii

3 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

The walkup music is not the problem.  The problem is EV-REE BAH-DEE CLAP YO HANDZ!! and playing "Walking on Sunshine" every time someone draws a base on balls.

*mound meeting*

UNDER PRESSURE

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Blackcat00 said:

Captain literal, it is the majority the SEC and they are looking to transition as well when warranties are up. CDS has also stated on his twitter they are looking to transition, this was to fans directly asking the question. 

Yah, when someone says Texas would be the only one in the SEC with turf when at least five other schools will have it, I'll probably correct that.

And yes, I do twitter, very familiar with it, and I've seen CDC answer fan questions a lot. Until I see it addressed by CDC with certainty, I'll believe what I've been told by some close to the program, vs. whatever CDC says to Uncle Jack's nephew -who's looking to get his Uncle free tickets to the game because he's a big Longhorns fan who lost his leg in a recent lawn-mowing accident but has never had a chance to go to a game and "this would really make him feel better"- on a social media site. 

Edited by UncleBuck

42 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

The walkup music is not the problem.  The problem is EV-REE BAH-DEE CLAP YO HANDZ!! and playing "Walking on Sunshine" every time someone draws a base on balls.

Pantera's "Walk" would be an improvement. Or not.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, zlavydra said:

Pantera's "Walk" would be an improvement. Or not.

It might or might not, but the real improvement would be that if that walk is after four consecutive balls, everyone at the Disch stands up and starts chanting "Ball 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

5 minutes ago, BonzoMontreaux said:

IMO, one thing that would improve the field aesthetic is just putting dirt around the bases.  After that, I don't care if it is grass or turf.

This. I have no idea why people give a shit whether its turf or grass. The dirt is the only thing we need to change. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

This. I have no idea why people give a shit whether its turf or grass. The dirt is the only thing we need to change. 

Tennessee's field turf cost them a total of $1.25M in 2019. A description on how the infield/outfield plays etc...Capturetenn.PNG.2f26c56d644ab3937b374f52001c3e4a.PNG

The biggest obstacle at Disch-Falk isn't going to be turf, the turf can be improved rather easily IMO. The biggest issue is space. Outfield space, specifically. 

Edited by UncleBuck

3 hours ago, UncleBuck said:

It might or might not, but the real improvement would be that if that walk is after four consecutive balls, everyone at the Disch stands up and starts chanting "Ball 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Boo this man. And yes, I said boo, not a stupid hiss. All those traditions are stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 1

To be clear, I am not talking about having dirt all the way around the base paths.... just replacing the brown turf around the bags.

1 minute ago, UncleBuck said:

Can just anyone do the hissing, or does it need to be a junior or senior?

Anyone can do it as long as they have a bubble machine.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

I come equipped with a bubble machine 24/7 if you get my drift (and I think you do).

1 hour ago, BonzoMontreaux said:

To be clear, I am not talking about having dirt all the way around the base paths.... just replacing the brown turf around the bags.

Anyone can do it as long as they have a bubble machine.

we must replace smokey with a huge machine that can pump out 4 foot+ diameter bubbles from the top of the overhang.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

we must replace smokey with a huge machine that can pump out 4 foot+ diameter bubbles from the top of the overhang.

Just hire Brisket and pay him in Popeyes and enchiladas to do the job of making the cannon sound 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, hornian said:

Boo this man. And yes, I said boo, not a stupid hiss. All those traditions are stupid. 

Like my buddy Lat22 used to say, aggy will take a dump and call that a "tradition".

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Like my buddy Lat22 used to say, aggy will take a dump and call that a "tradition".

There was some aggie jokebook post on LFZ years ago that was something like, "If an Aggie does anything, and another Aggie sees it...it's automatically a tradition."  

Few years later, we were at the LFZ tailgate for the A&M game.  And we're shitfaced.  And somebody brought some Aggies with him to the party, and everything was all good and cordial.  and I tried to re-tell the joke, but it started coming out as "If a log falls on Aggie in the forest, does the other Aggie make a sound?"  this is like 3 years after bonfire.  Everybody around me was looking at me like "Abort.  Abort.  Abort."  Then Wheeler stole a bus, we hired Coach Schloss, and what the fuck is a point of a warning track if it doesn't feel any different under your feet?  Somebody's gonna get Bump Bailey'd out there one day.  

Del Conte indicated there's serious planning right now for the area between LF/CF and the Tennis Center.  They want to do it right, but they also want to get the funding in before the current Capital Campaign ends.  I got the impression they'll reveal something right before or during the season to keep support high and money flowing in.  

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

OB said Gage is back, if 2025 talk is still allowed 

We’re gonna have a pretty salty staff next year. Get Flores back and we might make some serious noise. 

On 7/3/2024 at 2:15 PM, Hookem2147 said:

Alright, I'm filtering out all the JUCO guys because I don't think they are taking any of them. I'm assuming Thomas, Flores, LBJ and Witt are gone as well. I'll also filter out Rainer/Gillen as they have zero shot of making it to campus. This is what it looks like numbers-wise:

C (3)- Galvan, Schuessler, Service (could be OF), Chamberlain*

INF (5)- Borba, Duplantier, Sanders, Luna*, Richardson*

OF (8)- Gasparino, Belyeu, Winfield, Peterson, Cummings, Farmer, Scott*, Jordan*

RHP (19)- Grubbs, Tumis, Hamilton, O'Hara, Duplantier?, Boehm?, Burns, Trop, Moffett, Howard, Zaharias, Walton*, Jordan*, Millett*, DeGroat*, Lyons*, Kahalekai*, Flores*, Sterling*

LHP (7)- Whitehead, Mercer, Harrison, Shaw, Bertsch, Powell*, Covert*

That is 42 right there. I don't think we will have any problem getting under 40 between more transfers and draft casualties.

Updated:

INF (7)- Borba, Duplantier, Sanders, Mendoza, Luna*, Richardson*, Rodriguez*

OF (8)- Gasparino, Belyeu, Winfield, Peterson, Cummings, Farmer, Scott*, Jordan*

RHP (16)- Grubbs, Tumis, Hamilton, O'Hara, Duplantier?, Boehm?, Burns, Trop, Moffett, Howard, Zaharias, Vartanian, DeGroat*, Lyons*, Flores*, Sterling*

LHP (9)- Whitehead, Mercer, Bing, Walker, Harrison, Bertsch, Powell*, Covert*, Navarre*

So 43 right now but could be upwards of 45+ if we get good draft luck and a few more transfers.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

OB said Gage is back, if 2025 talk is still allowed 

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

Updated:

RHP (16)- Grubbs, Tumis, Hamilton, O'Hara, Duplantier?, Boehm?, Burns, Trop, Moffett, Howard, Zaharias, Vartanian, DeGroat*, Lyons*, Flores*, Sterling*

LHP (9)- Whitehead, Mercer, Bing, Walker, Harrison, Bertsch, Powell*, Covert*, Navarre*

So 43 right now but could be upwards of 45+ if we get good draft luck and a few more transfers.

Per the first quoted post, OB says Gage is back. Fingers crossed there. Get Mercer back to health with Gage returning, and that's one hell of a back end to the bullpen. Also, I don't remember the last time there were this many initial options for LHP. The more balanced staff (at least prior to cuts) is good to see.

Overall, the initial roster boasts a quality core to work with. I wish Schloss could have pulled a star player from A&M, but the offense should still be very competitive and we should see improvement from Borba and Gasparino (hopefully). I'm willing to bet we see a few more transfers and get lucky with one or two with the draft.

I'm very excited for next season after what was a dismal outlook back in May/early June.

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Updated:

Do we have anyone to play 3rd or short?

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

Do we have anyone to play 3rd or short?

Borba and Richardson profile to 3B.

Rodriguez can play SS and 3B.

I really think they are banking on getting Flores back so the draft is going to be a sweat.

• Hook 'Em 1

I would think NIL makes it easier to retain draft eligible sophomores- or anyone that has multiple years of eligibility remaining.  I don’t know where the 100-500k bonus range is though, so I don’t know what caliber of prospect is good NIL target (assuming we don’t burn 7 figures of NIL on a baseball player)

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Updated:

This is our current 2024 incoming class according to PG.  Are we saying the bolded guys aren't making it here?

Bryce Rainer SS               6-3         195        L-R         Harvard-Westlake          Simi Valley   CA         Texas   

Theo Gillen SS                6-3         198        L-R         Westlake            Austin   TX              Texas   

Samuel Richardson 3B  6-1         195        R-R        Lewisburg          Olive Branch              MS         Texas   

Levi Sterling RHP            6-5         200        R-R        Notre Dame       Los Angeles              CA         Texas   

Jason Flores RHP            6-2         210        R-R        Naaman Forest Wylie    TX              Texas   

Carson Luna SS               6-1         180        R-R        St. John's            Houston              TX          Texas   

Bryce Navarre LHP         6-1         190        L-L         Montgomery     Montgomery              TX          Texas   

Matthew Scott II OF      6-4         210        R-R        Klein Oak            Spring   TX              Texas   

Kaimi Kahalekai RHP      6-8         215        R-R        Kamehameha Schools Maui              Kahului HI          Texas   

Gavin Lyons RHP            6-2         195        R-R        Hamden Hall      Guilford              CT          Texas   

Cole Chamberlain C       6-2         215        L-R         San Marin          Novato CA              Texas   

Kyle Degroat RHP           6-0         190        L-R         Wallkill Senior   Gardiner              NY         Texas   

Matthew Millett RHP    6-2         205        R-R        Lake Ridge          Grand Prairie              TX          Texas   

Donovan Jordan OF       6-1         210        R-R        Summer Creek  Humble TX              Texas   

Chance Covert II LHP     6-2         196        L-L         Westlake            Austin   TX              Texas   

Jackson Jordan RHP       6-3         200        L-R         Plano Senior      Plano    TX              Texas   

Cooper Powell LHP        5-11      180        L-L         Colleyville Heritage              Bedford              TX          Texas   

Adrian Rodriguez SS      6-2         190        S-B         Flower Mound  Flower Mound              TX          Texas

5 minutes ago, Balcones said:

This is our current 2024 incoming class according to PG.  Are we saying the bolded guys aren't making it here?

Bryce Rainer SS               6-3         195        L-R         Harvard-Westlake          Simi Valley   CA         Texas   

Theo Gillen SS                6-3         198        L-R         Westlake            Austin   TX              Texas   

Samuel Richardson 3B  6-1         195        R-R        Lewisburg          Olive Branch              MS         Texas   

Levi Sterling RHP            6-5         200        R-R        Notre Dame       Los Angeles              CA         Texas   

Jason Flores RHP            6-2         210        R-R        Naaman Forest Wylie    TX              Texas   

Carson Luna SS               6-1         180        R-R        St. John's            Houston              TX          Texas   

Bryce Navarre LHP         6-1         190        L-L         Montgomery     Montgomery              TX          Texas   

Matthew Scott II OF      6-4         210        R-R        Klein Oak            Spring   TX              Texas   

Kaimi Kahalekai RHP      6-8         215        R-R        Kamehameha Schools Maui              Kahului HI          Texas   

Gavin Lyons RHP            6-2         195        R-R        Hamden Hall      Guilford              CT          Texas   

Cole Chamberlain C       6-2         215        L-R         San Marin          Novato CA              Texas   

Kyle Degroat RHP           6-0         190        L-R         Wallkill Senior   Gardiner              NY         Texas   

Matthew Millett RHP    6-2         205        R-R        Lake Ridge          Grand Prairie              TX          Texas   

Donovan Jordan OF       6-1         210        R-R        Summer Creek  Humble TX              Texas   

Chance Covert II LHP     6-2         196        L-L         Westlake            Austin   TX              Texas   

Jackson Jordan RHP       6-3         200        L-R         Plano Senior      Plano    TX              Texas   

Cooper Powell LHP        5-11      180        L-L         Colleyville Heritage              Bedford              TX          Texas   

Adrian Rodriguez SS      6-2         190        S-B         Flower Mound  Flower Mound              TX          Texas

Kahalekai, Millett and Jordan were all let out of their NLI's.

Rainer and Gillen are first round picks.

• Hook 'Em 2