Texas Baseball 2025 - Show Me A Schloss

petscii

On 7/9/2024 at 8:41 PM, Pescado_Rojo said:

I think turf is fine for the field, but we need to go back to dirt base paths and batters boxes. The turf there has got to go

Este. Fucking stupid, and it pisses me off.

• Hook 'Em 2

Yeah, there's a difference between loading up full scholarships and still satisfying Title IX.  That said, I am all on board with adding women's gymnastics.  Finding the space might be tricky, but we shit dollars, we could figure something out.

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Is that why beach volleyball happened, or will we need to add gymnastics or something else to balance out those new scholarships?

It's been discussed before. 

There has been talk of the school adding women's gymnastics and lacrosse. 

6 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yeah, there's a difference between loading up full scholarships and still satisfying Title IX.  That said, I am all on board with adding women's gymnastics.  Finding the space might be tricky, but we shit dollars, we could figure something out.

Doesn’t OU use Lloyd Noble Center? We couldn’t use Moody?

Updating the numbers (assuming all drafted guys sign)

C (4): Galvan, Schuessler, Service, Chamberlain

INF (7): Borba, Mendoza, Flores, Rodriguez, Richardson, Luna, Duplantier, Sanders

OF (8): Winfield, Gasparino, Belyeu, Farmer, Cummings, Peterson, Scott, Jordan

RHP (13): Grubbs, Howard, Duplantier, Hamilton, Tumis, Moffett, Burns, O'Hara, Zaharias, Rerick, Flores, Saunier, McCreery 

LHP (9): Whitehead, Mercer, Santos, Walker, Bing, Harrison, Navarre, Powell, Covert

41 right there

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

INF (7): Borba, Mendoza, Flores, Rodriguez, Richardson, Luna, Duplantier, Sanders

RHP (13): Grubbs, Howard, Duplantier, Hamilton, Tumis, Moffett, Burns, O'Hara, Zaharias, Rerick, Flores, Saunier, McCreery 

LHP (9): Whitehead, Mercer, Santos, Walker, Bing, Harrison, Navarre, Powell, Covert

41 right there

plus Riojas RHP and Werchan OF

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

41 right there

1. That’s as pretty of a roster Texas has had in a long time. 

2. Love the current ratio of RHP:LHP. We’ve been missing having a plethora of lefty arms for quite some time. 

Let’s hope this young team can put it all together on a consistent basis. 

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

22 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

The issue is that we don't own Moody. We would have to negotiate for the usage needs. 

Probably doable, but not automatic.

I wonder if volleyball would be OK with the university putting a brand new gymnastics program in Moody?

Just now, Beau Vine said:

I wonder if volleyball would be OK with the university putting a brand new gymnastics program in Moody?

Why wouldn’t they be? CDC said in his town hall they have plans to build a mini-Moody for volleyball that UT Athletics owns, since they only rent Gregory Gym and can’t make wholesale changes 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Why wouldn’t they be? CDC said in his town hall they have plans to build a mini-Moody for volleyball that UT Athletics owns, since they only rent Gregory Gym and can’t make wholesale changes 

It's kind of a shame that they can't wrestle Gregory away from Rec Sports. It has so much atmosphere for volleyball.

On 7/19/2024 at 4:12 PM, MuellerHorn said:

1. That’s as pretty of a roster Texas has had in a long time. 

2. Love the current ratio of RHP:LHP. We’ve been missing having a plethora of lefty arms for quite some time. 

Let’s hope this young team can put it all together on a consistent basis. 

I'll add this addendum...

3. Everyone stays healthy.

32 minutes ago, Horny Bull said:

This honestly isn’t far off from what he would have gotten last year if he signed. The soft numbers I heard were 500-700k.

Just goes to show how teams still bet on the arm talent and potential even if the results are lagging.