Texas Baseball 2025 - Show Me A Schloss

petscii

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Flipped from USC

Damn, that’s another great prospect pick up. He was a projected 4th-5th rounder that didn’t get drafted until the 20th because his asking price was too high/didn’t care if he had to go to college. 

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Cajun said:

I stopped reading at aggy/#5.

No point in going any further & wasting time.

They may not have a coach, but their lineup is stacked and they just outbid MLB to get their #1 pitcher to return. It’s next year or never and they are all-in. They are a legitimate top 5 team.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, EZ$ said:

They may not have a coach, but their lineup is stacked and they just outbid MLB to get their #1 pitcher to return. It’s next year or never and they are all-in. They are a legitimate top 5 team.  

The talent is definitely there for a title, but with the dearth of coaching experience on that staff across the board, I don’t see a title happening. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

How we set up the schedule next year will be mighty interesting. Schloss historically scheduled incredibly soft in non-con at A&M because he knew 10 straight weekends of SEC play were awaiting.

We already committed to the Globe Life tournament (will play 3 of Clemson, Louisville, Arizona and Okie State) and Vegas tournament (Illinois, Texas Tech, Washington). That leaves 2 non-con weekends open before SEC play. A little birdie also told me that it is looking like Arizona State will be coming to Austin for at least one midweek game.

In SEC play, it's already been mentioned that we will host LSU and A&M. I'm assuming we will also host OU and will probably have Arkansas either home or away. So we get those 4 + 6 additional SEC teams.

RPI ain't going to be an issue.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

Chestnut's mom could manage that lineup to the CWS. I don't think they fall off a cliff in 26 either with Grahovic and Sorrell projected to be top 10 picks. It is what it is.

Be happy with the team Schloss is building in Austin and know that we will have a mental edge when we play them like almost always

• Drool 1

2 hours ago, cmontexas said:

Chestnut's mom could manage that lineup to the CWS. I don't think they fall off a cliff in 26 either with Grahovic and Sorrell projected to be top 10 picks. It is what it is.

Be happy with the team Schloss is building in Austin and know that we will have a mental edge when we play them like almost always

My prediction is that their coach will be a little worse than what Pierce was for Texas. Just by being in the SEC theyll end up hosting a few regionals. But they will only make a couple of CWS over the next 4-5 years. 

30 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

My prediction is that their coach will be a little worse than what Pierce was for Texas. Just by being in the SEC theyll end up hosting a few regionals. But they will only make a couple of CWS over the next 4-5 years. 

That's a rational take of a generic high-level D1 program.  This is A&M.  They will fuck it up 6 ways from Sunday more years than not.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

Didn't you know that Schloss threw the last two games to screw aggy on his way out the door at the request of the evil CDC and Texas?  In fact, the team did so well in spite of that no talent hack, not because of him.  It is only wild coincidence that 3/4 of aggy's wins at Omaha, and their only appearance in the final series, came under his coaching.  Schloss had nothing to do with it.  Texags said so.

• Haha 3

So are we expecting Buzz to lead aggy to a Final 4 run this year and we sign him 2 days after?  It has to happen to finalize the Looch 3-headed monster tweet. 

Or even better I guess, he can end up winning about 8 games and they can fire him.

(insert Looch “now come the championships” tweet)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, EZ$ said:

So are we expecting Buzz to lead aggy to a Final 4 run this year and we sign him 2 days after?  It has to happen to finalize the Looch 3-headed monster tweet. 

Or even better I guess, he can end up winning about 8 games and they can fire him.

(insert Looch “now come the championships” tweet)

Buzz has only made it past the first weekend 1 time in the last 11 years. He's one of the most overrated coaches in college basketball.

I hope he's at aggy long-term. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

That doesn't bode well for his chances of being a baseball contributor this year (and maybe ever at Texas).

He needs development, and he ain't getting it standing around with the walk-ons during football practice this fall.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 7/28/2024 at 1:29 PM, Rickylovesweed said:

Buzz has only made it past the first weekend 1 time in the last 11 years. He's one of the most overrated coaches in college basketball.

I hope he's at aggy long-term. 

And I have never seen a coach so consistently talk and tweet like he's minimum a half bottle of Jim Beam deep. And we've all seen USC-era Sark.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cmontexas said:

Chris Whaley and Lamarr Houston started out as big RBs...

Sanders is 215 pounds. Whaley and Houston were much larger and stronger. Probably faster, too.

Sanders isn't going to get PT over any of the five scholarship backs.

Edited by MuellerHorn

Wouldn’t Sanders also lose any potential scholarship money from baseball?  Not sure if he got a partial scholarship but I thought there was a rule that anyone playing football could not be on scholarship for another sport.

1 hour ago, txhorns said:

Wouldn’t Sanders also lose any potential scholarship money from baseball?  Not sure if he got a partial scholarship but I thought there was a rule that anyone playing football could not be on scholarship for another sport.

Before NIL when we were stuck with 11.7 shared scholarships, I often wondered why a baseball team wouldn't fill a roster spot from a football player who could also play baseball.  The thinking would be that there would be a better athlete playing football on scholarship than a non scholarship baseball player.

I understand Peter Gardere, Shea Morenz, Lawyer Maloy, and Russell Wilson  playing baseball at college was a corner case but there is a value in being drafted in the MLB and/over the NFL sometimes.  

15 hours ago, txhorns said:

With roster changes coming,  maybe he wouldn't have made the 34 man cut for a baseball scholarship but would make the 105 man cut for a football scholarship?

18 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

It will be something for the ESPN announcers to talk about when he comes up to pinch hit in Omaha

I mean how many kids get a national championship ring in two sports in the same year?

• Like 2
  • Drool 2

21 hours ago, cmontexas said:

It will be something for the ESPN announcers to talk about when he comes up to pinch hit in Omaha

But what languages does he speak? Is his dad a foreign musician? Who is his roommate?

On 7/28/2024 at 8:45 AM, Scheiss Meister said:

Didn't you know that Schloss threw the last two games to screw aggy on his way out the door at the request of the evil CDC and Texas, the request made during a swing party, no doubt high-fiving while spit-roasting some chick?  In fact, the team did so well in spite of that no talent hack, not because of him.  It is only wild coincidence that 3/4 of aggy's wins at Omaha, and their only appearance in the final series, came under his coaching.  Schloss had nothing to do with it.  Texags said so.

Fify.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Winfield is having a really good summer. 

The middle of our lineup could be scary good with Belyeu, Flores, and Winfield. 

I would think that’s more top of the the lineup. Probably our 1,2,3

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

So glad to have a good Head Coach for Texas Baseball again.  🤘 

I have it on good authority that Earley was the brains behind A&M's climb to the (almost) top last year.  Advantage, Aggies.

• Haha 4

On 8/3/2024 at 6:12 PM, Rickylovesweed said:

Winfield is having a really good summer. 

The middle of our lineup could be scary good with Belyeu, Flores, and Winfield. 

Winfield batted .216 with 1 HR for Cotuit this summer.  He only had 51 at bats for some reason and hasn't been with them for about 2 weeks now.  Belyeu batted only .222 with 2 HR in 54 games with Cotuit, but he played earlier with Team USA.

• Like 1