Texas Baseball 2025 - Show Me A Schloss

petscii

3 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

aggy has to be the only school with multiple "journalists" scrambling to make a scene that they are attending their former coaches press conference at the coach's new school.  If nothing screams little brother... this action could be put on cup.  It's almost sad how pathetic they have become.

This. It’s very pathetic. 

And they wonder why people continuously make fun of them…

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This was my thought. It's like there was a team of writers and PR people working up the talking points and PC outline for Schlossnagle and part of it read: "-35 minute mark: run over ATM repeatedly for 5 minutes" and then a screenshot of that was emergency-looched.

Trashing aggy at a PC certainly doesn't align with our style. The world can watch those clowns smear feces all over themselves without any prompting from Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, pearlandhorn said:

I didn't realize how good of friends CDC and Schloss were.  To have a specific buyout in his contract with Texas? lol

Not specifically "Texas," but it was doubled if he left for another school in Texas, and only Texas could afford it. I think it was 2.7m total.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, NoName said:

i'm guessing we get a staged question as to why he left. he's going to say he got along very well with Bjork, Alberts came in like a bull in a china shop fired a lot of people, said that prior agreements with Bjork were null and void, didn't think he could trust him for XYZ reasons, didn't trust him when it came to future promises, didn't think he would bump up the pool for his assistants like Bjork promised, didn't feel supported (example is going to be CDC at the CWS while at TCU vs Alberts last week) didn't feel like he had his back if things got tough for a myriad of reasons and because of all that he went to the place that he knew he would have a leader who had his back, who was trust worthy, who saw the value of the assistants and the team he put together, with whom he had a great relationship personally and professionally and who saw the vision into the future.

he is going to say some nice things about A&M fans and passion and ultimately put all of the blame on Alberts

OR

he is going to go full villain mode, talk about how fucking weird the fans were, how wild the cult was, how much he loved the players (and how any of them would be welcome at Texas), but how much he missed being in a real city and at a place where the team and coaches felt supported by leadership.

OK now that the presser is over, is it really true that Alberts didn't go to the CWS?  Not even the champ series?

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

I didn't realize how good of friends CDC and Schloss were.  To have a specific buyout in his contract with Texas? lol

I missed that. He has a specific buyout increase for Texas/reduction on his end if CDC leaves before he does?

Edit: never mind. I see it was an increased buyout at A&M if he left for another Texas school.

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, chase25 said:

This press conference is an absolute evisceration of Trev Alberts 

I'm very grateful that Aggieland is apparently missing this part of it and is entirely obsessed with tHe TiMeLiNe instead.

You're right, Ags, everything is perfect in Aggieland and Schloss is just a piece of shit monster who couldn't appreciate it. You've got it!!!

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, shakahorn said:

OK now that the presser is over, is it really true that Alberts didn't go to the CWS?  Not even the champ series?

not sure on this front. the comparison was seeing CDC in the dugout during CWS with TCU vs Alberts and folks asking if he was even there. didn't see anything in a 2 min scroll of his twitter

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

aggy has to be the only school with multiple "journalists" scrambling to make a scene that they are attending their former coaches press conference at the coach's new school.  If nothing screams little brother... this action could be put on cup.  It's almost sad how pathetic they have become.

It also demonstrates the truth of what I always point our: that all of the A&M beat writers are A&M stakeholders. They are Aggie boosters. They are not journalists. They recruit and stan for A&M constantly. They're emotionally invested.

Schloss' comments on leadership will probably result in aggy giving Alberts a 25 year contract extension because of their "us versus the world" mentality. Emotional children.

• Hook 'Em 4