Texas Baseball 2025 - Show Me A Schloss

petscii

6 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

So let me get this straight...they supposedly knew the staff was using a burner phone to recruit during the CWS, but everyone was blindsided by the staff leaving?  How do those make any sense together?

In cases like this, I always wonder how they come up with their lies that they then repeat until it becomes their truth?

Is there, like, a special committee in charge of it?  Do they hold weekly meetings to determine which events will aggrieve them to the point that they need to make up a lie?  Is there some metric, like a Richter scale of Ag Anger, that helps them determine the magnitude of the insult and the resulting lie that must be told to "correct" it?

Or is lying just so innate for aggies that it comes about organically?  Could be JoeAg82 this time, and OlSarge 63 the next?  It just bubbles through the cesspool of their moronic common clay consciousness, percolates for a while in the sewers of their imagination, and then suddenly springs forth unto their keyboards, like Athena bursting full-grown from Zeus' head after Hephaestus took to him with an axe? 

Inquiring minds want to know.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

"I hope they fuck all those Austin homo that come up for the football game.  Straight chili dogs to the shirt."?????????

I got fat text thumbs as much as the next guy, but my point usually comes across saliently.  what the fuck does this even mean?  "Those Austin Homo", and then the chili dog shirts thing? 

What color is the sky on these people's home planet?  

I think I have it figured out. This dude wants the aggy faithful to show the gay longhorn fans a good time, have some sex with them. As for the "straight chili dogs to the shirt", that is clearly a sexual euphemism. Very progressive of them. 

Edited by The_Great_Hornsby
  • Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, utee94 said:

In cases like this, I always wonder how they come up with their lies that they then repeat until it becomes their truth?

Is there, like, a special committee in charge of it?  Do they hold weekly meetings to determine which events will aggrieve them to the point that they need to make up a lie?  Is there some metric, like a Richter scale of Ag Anger, that helps them determine the magnitude of the insult and the resulting lie that must be told to "correct" it?

Or is lying just so innate for aggies that it comes about organically?  Could be JoeAg82 this time, and OlSarge 63 the next?  It just bubbles through the cesspool of their moronic common clay consciousness, percolates for a while in the sewers of their imagination, and then suddenly springs forth unto their keyboards, like Athena bursting full-grown from Zeus' head after Hephaestus took to him with an axe? 

Inquiring minds want to know.

They are a special bunch. Sure, the supposed recruits were all talk about the burner phones, but kept it close to the vest that the biggest college coaching change in recent history was about to go down.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

BWWWAHHAAAAA

Name me a poached coach that didn't at least attempt to bring part of their current coaching staff and players with them!  And if they are poached, then they are being paid "on the dime" of the current school.

Ags puffed their chests when they "stole" Jimbo.  When they "stole" Elko.  The list goes on.  The butthurt is strong here

Will Lee, Wes Watson, Jaydon Hill, Scooby Williams - all aggy transfers from Florida (DC) and Kansas State (OC). 

1 minute ago, OU Sucks said:

They are a special bunch. Sure, the supposed recruits were all talk about the burner phones, but kept it close to the vest that the biggest college coaching change in recent history was about to go down.

It's amazing to me that we are now finding out just how many people knew so many details about this impending coaching change well before it happened, and yet it still came as a complete shock to the entire college sporting world, with not a murmur until the final day of the CWS.  That's just crazy!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

So let me get this straight...they supposedly knew the staff was using a burner phone to recruit during the CWS, but everyone was blindsided by the staff leaving?  How do those make any sense together?

Denial. They thought the continued winning would change Schloss’ tune by the end. I think any competent athletic department would sit the coach down and figure out what the hell is going on. It’s also coming out that players and parents have been concerned about something going on. I dunno, the only thing I can come up with is that they were in straight denial of it all happening because a coach has never gone to a hated rival after making the national championship series. 

Edited by Levi
Grammar

29 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I assume it's "fuck up the Austin homos" by shoving chili dogs on their shirts.

Oh no, you got us.  My shirt is dirty, I will never financially or emotionally recover from this.

I'd rather have had someone smash a chili dog onto my shirt than when I got punched in the back of the head the last time I stepped foot in that structural hazard zone of a stadium. 

Tell us the story about getting punched at Kyle. 

22 minutes ago, WBT said:

Sharp is the one telling him to cut costs I assume.

Of course, but emotion overrides logic there. Sharp IS an aggy. He'll get caught up in it, too, and throw the budget sheets away.

Doesn't matter how empty their pockets are, tee yew isn't going to one up them. It's how they keep extending coaches that they have to fire and pay exorbitant sums to.

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Surely the greatest fans in the world would never do such a thing.  It must be a misunderstanding.

My guess-- a kindly ag was giving him directions to the stadium, when he feinted and fell into the man's arms.  Accidentally, as he was saving this longhorn's life, his elbow might have tapped him on the back of the head.  I'm certain it was something like that.

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It was the 2009 game.  As soon as they went up 7-0 in the first quarter, some drunk roided out frat doofus behind me punched me in the back of the head and started trash talking how we sucked and were gonna get blown out and were overrated. 

My aggy friends I went with didn't tolerate it and got on his ass. He did apologize by the 4th quarter when we went up 10 points and then they missed the FG that ended it. I assumed he had sobered up. 

That game was entirely too close for comfort for us being #3 in the country.  And it also hurt, I had a good bump back there for a while.  I'm pretty sure he got me with the aggy ring hand.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 3

2 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Surely the greatest fans in the world would never do such a thing.  It must be a misunderstanding.

My guess-- a kindly ag was giving him directions to the stadium, when he feinted and fell into the man's arms.  Accidentally, as he was saving this longhorn's life, his elbow might have tapped him on the back of the head.  I'm certain it was something like that.

3071d560-40cd-4135-b23b-9d53efc023d1_tex

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, utee94 said:

is there, like, a special committee in charge of it?  Do they hold weekly meetings to determine which events will aggrieve them to the point that they need to make up a lie?  Is there some metric, like a Richter scale of Ag Anger, that helps them determine the magnitude of the insult and the resulting lie that must be told to "correct" it?

Any rumor or story posted on their board becomes a fact if it suits their narrative.

It's why they never have a true understanding of who they are as a school/program or where they rank in the national hierarchy. It's why they always claim to be on par with us, or that they're the richest school in the country.

Same as it ever was.

• Hook 'Em 9

4 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Any rumor or story posted on their board becomes a fact if it suits their narrative.

It's why they never have a true understanding of who they are as a school/program or where they rank in the national hierarchy. It's why they always claim to be on par with us, or that they're the richest school in the country.

Same as it ever was.

No way...they'd never make up fake stuff. An aggy does not lie, cheat, steal or have unprotected sex with sheep -- or tolerate those who do.

• Haha 2

We could start a legal fund over lunch today.  The purpose of which would be to collect donations to support a team of A&M law school grads who will go after Bellmont, del Conte, UT-Austin administration, UT System, the Board of Regents, and Schloss' agent for tortious interference.  And by this time tomorrow, we'd be laughing at their "Our Coach was Stollen!" posts, sitting on a beach, earning 20%.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

It was the 2009 game.  As soon as they went up 7-0 in the first quarter, some drunk roided out frat doofus behind me punched me in the back of the head and started trash talking how we sucked and were gonna get blown out and were overrated. 

My aggy friends I went with didn't tolerate it and got on his ass. He did apologize by the 4th quarter when we went up 10 points and then they missed the FG that ended it. I assumed he had sobered up. 

That game was entirely too close for comfort for us being #3 in the country.  And it also hurt, I had a good bump back there for a while.  I'm pretty sure he got me with the aggy ring hand.

And I have posted many times on the boards about being at the 2005 game there and being way up in the terrible Zone. They had us all scattered around (sounds familiar. They sure weren't whining when they started that turdition). Of course, we expected to win that game going away, but GD and Mack kept VY in the pocket to protect him, so the game was closer than everyone expected.

When it finally became clear that aggy was going to lose, a ~50 year old aggie with his wife and daughters turned around to a Texas student (one guy and 3 girls were sitting behind him and in front of me), put both hands around the kid's neck, and started choking the shit out of him. The students had been quietly puling for the Horns, never loud or obnoxious in any way because we were so surrounded by aggies. It was psychotic. I jumped down and grabbed the guy by his wrists to make him let go and he had a death grip. The kid clearly could not breathe. I was also yelling at the aggie and started punching him.

All the aggies around us were just gawking. Hearing the commotion, one mid-30s aggie fan came down to help me get the kid loose. It was a struggle for the two of us. The guy was MAD mad. Once we broke his hands off, the guy just took off down the steps and under the stands, leaving his shocked wife and college-aged daughters standing there just as shocked as everyone else. The whole thing took 45 seconds to a minute. The guy didn't say a word. Craziest thing I have ever seen at a game.

Those morons are dangers to themselves and others.

• Rage+1 4
  • Drool 1

5 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

And I have posted many times on the boards about being at the 2005 game there and being way up in the terrible Zone. They had us all scattered around (sounds familiar. They sure weren't whining when they started that turdition). Of course, we expected to win that game going away, but GD and Mack kept VY in the pocket to protect him, so the game was closer than everyone expected.

When it finally became clear that aggy was going to lose, a ~50 year old aggie with his wife and daughters turned around to a Texas student (one guy and 3 girls were sitting behind him and in front of me), put both hands around the kid's neck, and started choking the shit out of him. The students had been quietly puling for the Horns, never loud or obnoxious in any way because we were so surrounded by aggies. It was psychotic. I jumped down and grabbed the guy by his wrists to make him let go and he had a death grip. The kid clearly could not breathe. I was also yelling at the aggie and started punching him.

All the aggies around us were just gawking. Hearing the commotion, one mid-30s aggie fan came down to help me get the kid loose. It was a struggle for the two of us. The guy was MAD mad. Once we broke his hands off, the guy just took off down the steps and under the stands, leaving his shocked wife and college-aged daughters standing there just as shocked as everyone else. The whole thing took 45 seconds to a minute. The guy didn't say a word. Craziest thing I have ever seen at a game.

Seems kinda felony-esque.  

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

Should try, depending on if we can get any aggy pitchers.  Gotta try.

We still have 6 days until the portal closes, and really 8 since a player can enter on July 2 and the school has 48 hours to put the name in. 

2 hours ago, TheRRKid said:

Does the coaching change extend the transfer window for us?

Yes (for TEXAS and A&M players)

The portal is extended with coaching changes for 30 days after it happens.  TEXAS players have until July 24 and aggy until July 25th to declare/enter the portal.

Edited by BillyGoatHill

5 minutes ago, ballrific said:

just checking in, are Schloss and CDC in jail yet?

I only know/work with a handful of Aggies despite having been in Texas a long, long time.  Perhaps some sort of subconscious avoidance.  Most of 'em are perfectly normal, I guess the 2% type.  But there are two that I thought about yesterday at the Coach presser.  Both old school Aggies, and huge baseball fans.  I sent them a link to the FTC ruling on "non-compete clauses", despite it having nothing to do with college baseball.  I figure it should keep 'em distracted until Independence Day and have me laughing the whole time as well.  Never underestimate the power of willful ignorance, sheer stupidity, and blind loyalty.  It's a potent cocktail. 

7 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Dont forget. Any Aggie you meet is capable of this type of insanity. There are too many anecdotes, public displays of aggressive buffoonery (see CWS incident this year), and other incidents I’ve personally witnessed to trust any given Aggie to be an emotionally/mentally stable individual. Their delusion wrt Texas has manifested itself physically by short circuiting their brains in fascinating ways. 

You have to treat them like toddlers, because that is who they continually prove themselves to be. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Dont forget. Any Aggie you meet is capable of this type of insanity. There are too many anecdotes, public displays of aggressive buffoonery (see CWS incident this year), and other incidents I’ve personally witnessed to trust any given Aggie to be an emotionally/mentally stable individual. Their delusion wrt Texas has manifested itself physically by short circuiting their brains in fascinating ways. 

You have to treat them like toddlers, because that is who they continually prove themselves to be. 

Our fearless leader would like a word with you. 

14 hours ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Gus had a  couple of single digit loss teams that dod not close the deal. Those teams back then were stacked.

I forget the year, but Gus’ team was the only team since double elimination was implemented to lose the CWS with only one loss. It was a one year deal where there was a single championship game instead of the current best of three. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

22 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Dont forget. Any Aggie you meet is capable of this type of insanity. There are too many anecdotes, public displays of aggressive buffoonery (see CWS incident this year), and other incidents I’ve personally witnessed to trust any given Aggie to be an emotionally/mentally stable individual.

I'm not sure I'd go quite that far, but they are all seemingly prone to behavior that does not align with their best interests.

I went to grad school at UT with a guy who did his undergrad engineering degree at A&M.  He was a nice enough fellow, not the brightest guy I've ever met but pretty easy going.  Somehow he managed to land a UT grad who was hot as balls and they eventually got engaged.  The annual game was cause for all kinds of friendly smack talk between them.  This was when A&M pretty much had the upper hand on us.  They would sit in separate parts of the stadium on game day, and I happened to run into him outside the stadium after another one of our losses.  He hadn't yet found his fiance, but still took time to give me a little shit.  Anyway, she eventually shows up and he graciously reaches out to shake her hand, and he was concealing a cotton ball that he placed in her palm, as the Ags had just iced a trip to the Cotton Bowl.  She almost broke off the engagement right then and there.  I just looked at him and said "Mike, you are a real dumbass" and he kinda wilted.  They eventually got married.  I never understood it.

Edited by jimmyjazz

21 hours ago, Js1 said:

Kash. Dunno if I’d take that bitch back

Correct. Though we could take his 1B mitt back....( he played with his Longhorn logo mitt while at Tech)

17 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Fuck that guy.  There are much better options.

Yep. We have Borba or others already.

20 hours ago, Balcones said:

Lot's of people can play 1B and we aren't short people who can hit.  Spending external NIL money on this position seems regarded.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I forget the year, but Gus’ team was the only team since double elimination was implemented to lose the CWS with only one loss. It was a one year deal where there was a single championship game instead of the current best of three. 

1989. Wichita State

CBS took over the broadcast that year and wanted a one game winner take all Championship game (instead of the usual double elimination) for viewing stakes. No way they beat us twice. Still pissed about that one.

• Rage+1 6