Texas Baseball 2025 - Show Me A Schloss

petscii

8 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

And, believe it or not, this type shit happens all the time, just maybe not to this extreme. Had a travel coach tell my daughter that she would have to play for someone else if she wanted to go to LSU, because he didn’t like Beth Torina and would not send his players there.

What an absolute bitchass coach. You can give someone your reasons as a coach for not liking a particular school but someone's petty as grudge should never affect a players desired school. Hopefully you kicked that loser coach to the curb.  

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

There's a rumor out there that a big aggie-backed select organization out of Katy has informed all levels of players and their parents that are no longer allowed to visit UT or consider them in their recruiting process. I laughed out loud. If you are a parent and you take that threat seriously, or continue to play for that org, you are a fucking imbecile. 

Good thing there are eleventy billion select teams in Houston. I swear there are more select baseball teams than Mexican food restaurants in Houston. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

There's a rumor out there that a big aggie-backed select organization out of Katy has informed all levels of players and their parents that are no longer allowed to visit UT or consider them in their recruiting process. I laughed out loud. If you are a parent and you take that threat seriously, or continue to play for that org, you are a fucking imbecile. 

They are so fucking childish.

5 hours ago, MrX said:

My favorite part of the past few days—and the part I want to believe the most—is that because of the Jimbo contract, we head to the SEC with the Ags having a Triumverate of Trev fucking Alberts, Mike Elko, and Vacant Head Baseball Coach.  

A look at Schlossnagle’s A&M contract, buyout 

Less than 24 hours after telling reporters he didn’t plan on ever taking another college baseball job, Texas A&M baseball coach Jim Schlossnagle is set to take the reins at Texas.

Schlossnagle, who fell in Game 3 of the College World Series final to No. 1 Tennessee on Monday night, said after the 6-5 loss that 'I took the job at Texas A&M to never take another job again, and that hasn’t changed in my mind.'

The 53-year-old took the Aggies to the CWS twice in his three seasons in College Station, holding a 135-62 record at the program. He took the Texas A&M job after 18 seasons at TCU, where he led the Horned Frogs to the CWS five times.

As Schlossnagle takes over for Texas, here’s what you need to know about his contract and buyout information with the Aggies:

Jim Schlossnagle’s A&M contract

Schlossnagle’s new contract at Texas has yet to be reported or announced, but he will almost certainly receive a pay increase from his $1.35 million base salary with Texas A&M for the 2024 season (not including a $110,000 bonus from Wilson, which brought his 2024 salary to $1.46 million).

Schlossnagle’s A&M contract, which was signed through 2029, was set to increase by $50,000 in base salary each season, paying him $1.4 million in 2025 and capping at $1.6 million in 2029. Starting with the 2025 contract year, he was due $7.5 million in base salary over the remainder of his contract with the Aggies.

Here is his year-by-year base salary, according to his contract with A&M:

Note: Yearly salary includes only base salary

2024:

$1.35 million

2025:

$1.4 million

2026:

$1.45 million

2027:

$1.5 million

2028:

$1.55 million

2029:

$1.6 million

Jim Schlossnagle’s buyout

Schlossnagle’s buyout was set at $1.35 million, though his A&M contract stipulates that if he leaves the Aggies for another in-state program — such as Texas — it doubles to $2.7 million.

SEC baseball coaches salaries 2024

Here’s how much each SEC baseball coach was paid this season, including Schlossnagle:

1. Vanderbilt’s Tim Corbin: $1,942,165

2. Florida’s Kevin O’Sullivan: $1.755 million

3. LSU’s Jay Johnson: $1.65 million

4. Ole Miss’ Mike Bianco: $1.625 million

5. Tennessee’s Tony Vitello: $1.5 million

6. Texas A&M’s Jim Schlossnagle: $1.46 million

7. Arkansas’ Dave Van Horn: $1.4 million

8. Mississippi State’s Chris Lemonis: $1.3 million

9. Auburn’s Butch Thompson: $1.275 million

10. Alabama’s Rob Vaughn: $900,000

11. Kentucky’s Nick Mingione: $705,000

12. Georgia’s Wes Johnson: $702,000

13. South Carolina’s Mark Kingston: $695,958

14. Missouri’s Kerrick Jackson: $675,000

2 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

A look at Schlossnagle’s A&M contract, buyout 

Less than 24 hours after telling reporters he didn’t plan on ever taking another college baseball job, Texas A&M baseball coach Jim Schlossnagle is set to take the reins at Texas.

Schlossnagle, who fell in Game 3 of the College World Series final to No. 1 Tennessee on Monday night, said after the 6-5 loss that 'I took the job at Texas A&M to never take another job again, and that hasn’t changed in my mind.'

The 53-year-old took the Aggies to the CWS twice in his three seasons in College Station, holding a 135-62 record at the program. He took the Texas A&M job after 18 seasons at TCU, where he led the Horned Frogs to the CWS five times.

As Schlossnagle takes over for Texas, here’s what you need to know about his contract and buyout information with the Aggies:

Jim Schlossnagle’s A&M contract

Schlossnagle’s new contract at Texas has yet to be reported or announced, but he will almost certainly receive a pay increase from his $1.35 million base salary with Texas A&M for the 2024 season (not including a $110,000 bonus from Wilson, which brought his 2024 salary to $1.46 million).

Schlossnagle’s A&M contract, which was signed through 2029, was set to increase by $50,000 in base salary each season, paying him $1.4 million in 2025 and capping at $1.6 million in 2029. Starting with the 2025 contract year, he was due $7.5 million in base salary over the remainder of his contract with the Aggies.

Here is his year-by-year base salary, according to his contract with A&M:

Note: Yearly salary includes only base salary

2024:

$1.35 million

2025:

$1.4 million

2026:

$1.45 million

2027:

$1.5 million

2028:

$1.55 million

2029:

$1.6 million

Jim Schlossnagle’s buyout

Schlossnagle’s buyout was set at $1.35 million, though his A&M contract stipulates that if he leaves the Aggies for another in-state program — such as Texas — it doubles to $2.7 million.

SEC baseball coaches salaries 2024

Here’s how much each SEC baseball coach was paid this season, including Schlossnagle:

1. Vanderbilt’s Tim Corbin: $1,942,165

2. Florida’s Kevin O’Sullivan: $1.755 million

3. LSU’s Jay Johnson: $1.65 million

4. Ole Miss’ Mike Bianco: $1.625 million

5. Tennessee’s Tony Vitello: $1.5 million

6. Texas A&M’s Jim Schlossnagle: $1.46 million

7. Arkansas’ Dave Van Horn: $1.4 million

8. Mississippi State’s Chris Lemonis: $1.3 million

9. Auburn’s Butch Thompson: $1.275 million

10. Alabama’s Rob Vaughn: $900,000

11. Kentucky’s Nick Mingione: $705,000

12. Georgia’s Wes Johnson: $702,000

13. South Carolina’s Mark Kingston: $695,958

14. Missouri’s Kerrick Jackson: $675,000

He mentioned having some type of a provision in his buyout specifically for Texas, perhaps it's that "in-state" clause

1 hour ago, TejasPedro said:

Are the Aggies going to load up a cannon on a train and travel down to Austin to take him back? Damn those psychopaths are really out there. Starting to just want to give him back and just go get Vit instead. Less drama and the only ones we would have to deal with are Morgan and drunk uncle “OMAHA”

You're doing this wrong amigo.

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't think any rational Texas fan would deny that A&M's baseball team has been better than ours for the last few years.  That's why we hired their coach.  This isn't difficult.

I definitely don't think many people are denying it. I just think that today, after having taken their coaching staff and at least one pitching recruit -and also after opening up more recruitments and sending some of their players into the portal- that they're not on that tier above anymore. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I forget the year, but Gus’ team was the only team since double elimination was implemented to lose the CWS with only one loss. It was a one year deal where there was a single championship game instead of the current best of three. 

1989 v. Wichita St.

I thought the one game format lasted until 2002 when Texas  beat SC.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

Problem for those fuckheads is that The University of Texas Baseball job is about the program and history. BLUEBLOOD. Programs like aggy and other nobodies flair up with a great coach until he finds his way to a blue blood and they go back to being normal. They’ll never understand that. They should be happy they had a few good years per their status. If UT was runner up I’d be pissed we lost ,not content. That’s the status and ginormous gap between program status. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't think any rational Texas fan would deny that A&M's baseball team has been better than ours for the last few years.  That's why we hired their coach.  This isn't difficult.

Yeah. And look how grateful they are for their success?

This is why they suck. They should be excitedly building on an amazing run. Instead they are going to burn it all down in a fit of nonsensical rage. Schlossnagle came in and worked miracles. They should be thanking him for an amazing job done. It is insane.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

That is aggy in a nutshell.  Constantly moving the goalposts to support their narrative.  The series is even since A&M became coed.  Okay, well then you have 0 Heismans and National Titles.  Fucking morons.  I'd love to infiltrate their fish camp and document for the world to see.  Fucking weirdos man!

Hey dumbass…..why do you think we hired your coach?   Gzzzzzzz…

2 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I forget the year, but Gus’ team was the only team since double elimination was implemented to lose the CWS with only one loss. It was a one year deal where there was a single championship game instead of the current best of three. 

We will never stop being bitter about that. Hehe.

But the one game championship lasted until whatever shitty network paid to televise the title game (and did a shitty job, they sent all their MLB guys to cover it who didn't give a shit about college baseball) which was until 2002. We were, in fact, the last team to win the single game championship.

Oklahoma State also was eliminated from the CWS with only one loss when they lost the title game in 1990. Wichita State, the team who beat us, then had the same thing happen to them in 1991 and 1993.

In fact it might have been more common than not for the CWS runner-up to only have one loss during that era.

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

We will never stop being bitter about that. Hehe.

But the one game championship lasted until whatever shitty network paid to televise the title game (and did a shitty job, they sent all their MLB guys to cover it who didn't give a shit about college baseball) which was until 2002. We were, in fact, the last team to win the single game championship.

Oklahoma State also was eliminated from the CWS with only one loss when they lost the title game in 1990. Wichita State, the team who beat us, then had the same thing happen to them in 1991 and 1993.

In fact it might have been more common than not for the CWS runner-up to only have one loss during that era.

91 LSU beat Wichita State but both teams came in with 0 losses.  93 LSU beat them again but this time they came in with 1 loss to Wichita State's 0 losses.

15 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

Shit. This is getting real.

Texags legal/architecture department is using Chatgpt to draft press releases for its upcoming investigation into Schloss's departure.

Screenshot_20240627-142725.thumb.png.442994870d8441668130077ac90f4f0c.png

Screenshot_20240627-142744.thumb.png.f5990e50607d8550d5ad05cc5f6edd9a.png

“is renowned for its strong athletic programs”

I stopped right there. Strong aggy delusion 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MuellerHorn said:

Schlossnagle told me Wednesday that Garrido asked him, "Do you want the Texas job?" And Schlossnagle replied, "I don't know. Do I?"

"He told me not to take it," Schlossnagle said.

At that time, Steve Patterson was Texas' athletic director, and Garrido couldn't stand Patterson.

Angry Fuck Me GIF

How the fuck did that assclown ever get hired as AD?

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

IMG_1995.thumb.png.ab90fc994372aef3f89cfc9434c6999d.png

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Finger on the pulse of aggy nation:

Texted with an aggy friend last night. I wrote a lot. I got two texts back. The first one just said Finebaum. The second was thumbs up emoji or I guess it could have been a gig them.

Still sore I guess.

Did you ask him how excited he was about Fran leaving Alabama?  Ask him how he felt with Fran talked players into staying, knowing sanctions were looming or how he left without even taking the time to address the team.  This narrative about "the timing" or side deals is part of the game, and if the roles were reversed they'd be over the damn moon.  

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

Shit. This is getting real.

Texags legal/architecture department is using Chatgpt to draft press releases for its upcoming investigation into Schloss's departure.

Screenshot_20240627-142725.thumb.png.442994870d8441668130077ac90f4f0c.png

Screenshot_20240627-142744.thumb.png.f5990e50607d8550d5ad05cc5f6edd9a.png

So the vaunted, yet unidentified A&M 12th man, is literally a bot?  But we don't live in a simulation?  

Anybody else wanna hit of acid?