Texas Baseball 2025 - Show Me A Schloss

petscii

8 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Keep an eye on this one. Committed to A&M earlier this month and is from Arizona where Earley has a ton of connections.

https://fairfieldstags.com/sports/baseball/roster/matt-bergevin/6688

Edit: just saw OTF posted he is visiting Monday so he certainly isn’t being shy about his plans.

This guy looks like he’s 31 and has three kids

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, brojangles2 said:

With as much eligibility as Kent has left, and his siblings at Texas, what's the word with him? He plays immediately here. 

He apparently had the portal on his mind all year considering he didn’t play consistently until the last 2 weeks of the season. 

So considering he was prepared to leave that staff I’m not sure that bodes well for Texas.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, brojangles2 said:

With as much eligibility as Kent has left, and his siblings at Texas, what's the word with him? He plays immediately here. 

Seen it mentioned multiple times he has siblings at Texas, quick google search tells me that his siblings all went to BYU and are already graduated. 

1 hour ago, bEastTexas said:

Seen it mentioned multiple times he has siblings at Texas, quick google search tells me that his siblings all went to BYU and are already graduated. 

Kent barely played while that mini chin pubes Chestnut started over him the entire season until Montgomery got hurt. And then Chestnut has the audacity to blast schloss on twitter. What a weird situation. But I highly doubt the Kent family is fond of schloss.

TexAgs Radio on YouTube this AM

Former aggy player wants Wake Forest coach, and Early hired back from Texas to retain more aggy players... said at least one of the assistants that left to go to Texas was blindsided.

The moderator just now called out any Texas fans posting (I guess on their YouTube page) to come down to their station and say their comments to his face.  Says it's not a physical threat, just say it to his face.

He invites it... he said FAFO. 😋

• Haha 6

I was having this conversation with a buddy last night, but could the argument be made that Schloss will have to put up with less external bullshit at Texas than A&M? That dude was in studio with TexAgs like 3 times a week during the season and always seemed to be going places to kiss babies or campaign for the stadium renovations or whatever it was.

He definitely will blend in more in Austin and I don't think CDC will place all that extra stuff on his plate, which is weird to say because normally you associate the Texas job with all the extra stuff that comes with it.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I was having this conversation with a buddy last night, but could the argument be made that Schloss will have to put up with less external bullshit at Texas than A&M? That dude was in studio with TexAgs like 3 times a week during the season and always seemed to be going places to kiss babies or campaign for the stadium renovations or whatever it was.

He definitely will blend in more in Austin and I don't think CDC will place all that extra stuff on his plate, which is weird to say because normally you associate the Texas job with all the extra stuff that comes with it.

the answer is yes.  at Texas you only have to deal with external bullshit if you lose.  at aggy you have to deal with it, win or lose.

11 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:.

Augie only lived here for 8 months out of the year. He didn’t do any of the extra bullshit. Can you imagine Augie coaching 9 year olds in July UT Baseball camp? Ha!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

The moderator just now called out any Texas fans posting (I guess on their YouTube page) to come down to their station and say their comments to his face.  Says it's not a physical threat, just say it to his face.

He invites it... he said FAFO. 😋

1 hour ago, Fondren & Main said:

Legendary!  Post it on X and tag his ass LOL.

This is the TexAgs moderator who said FAFO

IMG_20240628_105138_kindlephoto-1036360.thumb.jpg.a0c5d2f29be995ebeda81f5bca613c1a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

On a different note, who was the Aggie who met someone to fight in a parking lot?  Was it 13-0 Branding Iron?

Whatever happened to that guy?  I'm sure I'm getting this story wrong, but I think about 10 years ago, he had some kind of mental/physical breakdown.  He'd come over and troll on LFZ/HF back in the day, and I thought he was just an extremely annoying Aggie.  But IIRC, he had some serious shit go down awhile back which would explain his lack of online presence.  Or maybe he just grew up and saw the light.  Dunno.  He was more annoying than Liucci and any other 10 texags posters put together, but there was something always a little off about him.  

33 minutes ago, TexasFan21 said:

SIAP, but do we have renovation plans for The Disch?

CDC talked about this briefly after the presser on Wednesday.  Still shuffling through some plans for that driveway between the tennis center and LF.  Outfield seating, maybe an elevated deck.  They want to make it a back-end priority of the capital campaign that is still underway.  But he was adamant that a re-do of the main concourse from 3b to home 1b gets a massive overhaul, plus the LF food truck area and that 1b line 'hospitality' tent that doesn't really serve a purpose anymore.  Those will start sooner rather than later, but the OF project will probably only get the money and break ground in the very last year of the Capital Campaign.  There's just too much other shit going on in East Campus right now to make that a priority.  But I'd bet you'll see the baseline projects at DFF start after the 2025 season.  

• Hook 'Em 2

41 minutes ago, Balcones said:

Yes. Second deck down to third base line (where food trucks are today) and grass if they can figure out the clam shell shade situation.

I don't think the shade thing is as big of an obstacle as everyone makes it out to be. A lot of soccer stadiums, especially in Germany, have overhangs all of the way around. ATT stadium just had to do grass for the soccer match. They basically utilize UV lighting, attached to wheels. They just roll them out in place.  Also, how much grass is actually affected by the shading to begin with? Doesn't seem like it's a very large area. Thing is, do they really want to go to grass? Is it really even that big of an issue? Some I've talked to mention the benefits of not having to make up games etc... and cancel summer camps etc... 

Tennessee just went to artificial about five years ago. I like that their field has the basepaths areas etc.. painted or whatever. 

Edited by UncleBuck

6 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Whatever happened to that guy?  I'm sure I'm getting this story wrong, but I think about 10 years ago, he had some kind of mental/physical breakdown.  He'd come over and troll on LFZ/HF back in the day, and I thought he was just an extremely annoying Aggie.  But IIRC, he had some serious shit go down awhile back which would explain his lack of online presence.  Or maybe he just grew up and saw the light.  Dunno.  He was more annoying than Liucci and any other 10 texags posters put together, but there was something always a little off about him.  

CDC talked about this briefly after the presser on Wednesday.  Still shuffling through some plans for that driveway between the tennis center and LF.  Outfield seating, maybe an elevated deck.  They want to make it a back-end priority of the capital campaign that is still underway.  But he was adamant that a re-do of the main concourse from 3b to home 1b gets a massive overhaul, plus the LF food truck area and that 1b line 'hospitality' tent that doesn't really serve a purpose anymore.  Those will start sooner rather than later, but the OF project will probably only get the money and break ground in the very last year of the Capital Campaign.  There's just too much other shit going on in East Campus right now to make that a priority.  But I'd bet you'll see the baseline projects at DFF start after the 2025 season.  

Aggy never grows up or matures… they just eventually die. Which, if I recall correctly, is exactly what he did a couple years ago.

6 minutes ago, Stinkpalm said:

Aggy never grows up or matures… they just eventually die. Which, if I recall correctly, is exactly what he did a couple years ago.

Holy shit.  That dude died?  Man, he was a lunatic poster that perfectly embodied every stereotype of Aggy.
Sux the he's dead but man, he was "off the charts" insane with his rants...

8 minutes ago, Soccer Dudes Dad said:

Holy shit.  That dude died?  Man, he was a lunatic poster that perfectly embodied every stereotype of Aggy.
Sux the he's dead but man, he was "off the charts" insane with his rants...

He was a huge part of the golden era of aggy misery during the Fran years. Trolling the rivalries board was epic.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

I believe 13-0 Branding Iron passed away a few years ago 

He was definitely crazy, but seemed to be (but who really knows with all our online bullshit) about my age.  Based on some references he made.  Hope it was painless since it was probably before his time.  

Anyway, back to 'Baseball Law'........