Texas Baseball 2025 - Show Me A Schloss

petscii

21 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

The domino Kendall is referencing is Max Belyeu. Him and Longley were close and he has family ties to A&M.

Texas is trying to put out the fire.

Why in the fuck would Beyleu leave to jump on that sinking ship? The fuck

Edited by The_Great_Hornsby
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

The thing I can’t quite understand is where Belyeu would even slot in at A&M.

Laviolette, Grahovac, Sorrell and Schott should all be back next year and play the OF.

I could see LaViolette not returning, he only has one year left anyway, go take the highest bid at either LSU or Tennessee

5 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Why in the fuck would Beyleu leave to jump on that sinking ship? The fuck

I wouldn’t classify it as a sinking ship in Max’s case. If they can get most of the portal guys back then the roster is pretty stacked. Any one of us smooth brain idiots could coach them to a deep run. But pointing to a larger issue that we all have said when they made it official with the Earley hire is that it’s a short term fix. Earley is going to have some success next season but what happens when he needs to recruit and develop players further down the line? Max really doesn’t have to worry about that problem. 

2 minutes ago, Levi said:

I wouldn’t classify it as a sinking ship in Max’s case. If they can get most of the portal guys back then the roster is pretty stacked. Any one of us smooth brain idiots could coach them to a deep run. But pointing to a larger issue that we all have said when they made it official with the Earley hire is that it’s a short term fix. Earley is going to have some success next season but what happens when he needs to recruit and develop players further down the line? Max really doesn’t have to worry about that problem. 

So are we doomed again?

1 minute ago, Levi said:

Well first he gets a massive extension for the great yr, then it falls apart

We are going to get some good players via the portal and I expect us to be competitive next year but this thing is still somewhat of a rebuild considering the roster imbalance and lack of overall talent 1 through 40 on the roster as things currently stand. I think I’ve said that before so obviously not breaking any news

It didn’t help that A&M played til literally the last possible day of the season and a lot of portal guys were off the board.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

We are going to get some good players via the portal and I expect us to be competitive next year but this thing is somewhat of a rebuild considering the roster imbalance and lack of overall talent 1 through 40 on the roster as things currently stand. I think I’ve said that before so obviously not breaking any news

It didn’t help that A&M played til literally the last possible day of the season and a lot of portal guys were off the board.

This is how I see it. Next year  rebuild/stockint of talent and removing lack of talent from roster. 

I think the following year is when we see results 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

We are going to get some good players via the portal and I expect us to be competitive next year but this thing is still somewhat of a rebuild considering the roster imbalance and lack of overall talent 1 through 40 on the roster as things currently stand. I think I’ve said that before so obviously not breaking any news

I think we will be good next year. JS coaching our team last year wouldve been hosting a regional. I expect to host next year. 

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

Let’s see what the roster looks like August 1. This team as currently constructed with no Thomas or Flores is not close to hosting.

Buzz Killington strikes again.  Let’s get ready to fuck shit up. If you’re on the roster with TEXAS on your chest. I expect Texas fight and winning a lot. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, CashMcCoy said:

Good for Drew.  Makes you wonder if Pierce didn't run him off.

In addition to the other laurels, he's just a helluva nice guy.

And, I think his experience at five tool, learning about other programs, probably makes him that much more valuable.

Edited by TwiceHorn