Texas Baseball 2025 - Show Me A Schloss

petscii

6 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

This shit doesn’t track in the NIL world anymore. 

It means almost more.  Players read message boards, they read twitter.  They see how fan bases treat their players.  And frankly it isn't of any value even if they didn't.  Shitting on an 18-22 year old for baseball choices is just sad and unnecessary.  Especially when they just played ball and didn't talk shit about the university.  Saying he did a bad job on a play, the season, etc is valid criticism.  Mocking his choice to leave, especially considering it's possible it wasn't really his choice, or saying he sucked anyway and good riddance, is "I don't have good things in my life" levels of sad. 

We don't have to act like aggy does when their feels get hurt is the bottom line to me.  Makes me sick watching people go after a kid because they made a choice that was probably in their best interest of them and their family.  Again, especially when they have said a negative word about Texas.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, uoftorange said:

It means almost more.  Players read message boards, they read twitter.  They see how fan bases treat their players.  And frankly it isn't of any value even if they didn't.  Shitting on an 18-22 year old for baseball choices is just sad and unnecessary.  Especially when they just played ball and didn't talk shit about the university.  Saying he did a bad job on a play, the season, etc is valid criticism.  Mocking his choice to leave, especially considering it's possible it wasn't really his choice, or saying he sucked anyway and good riddance, is "I don't have good things in my life" levels of sad. 

We don't have to act like aggy does when their feels get hurt is the bottom line to me.  Makes me sick watching people go after a kid because they made a choice that was probably in their best interest of them and their family.  Again, especially when they have said a negative word about Texas.  

Tough shit....get paid like a pro, get treated like a pro.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, uoftorange said:

I think you overstate your own importance

1 hour ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

Here's our goal for next season.  This was too good not to share.

Kinda weird when he brings family into the pre-game talk.  I am 99% sure that guy is legally intoxicated.  We all grew up with intense coaches and pre-game talks, but you don't talk about family and you don't show up that fucked up.  Unless, you're Augie.  In which case you get a pass for 40 years of dominance at the highest levels.  This guy is talking to 10-year olds.  

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Kinda weird when he brings family into the pre-game talk.  I am 99% sure that guy is legally intoxicated.  We all grew up with intense coaches and pre-game talks, but you don't talk about family and you don't show up that fucked up.  Unless, you're Augie.  In which case you get a pass for 40 years of dominance at the highest levels.  This guy is talking to 10-year olds.  

I’d wanna be half lit too.

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

It’s a bit, dude. He has an entire YouTube channel of him doing the bit. The parents and kids are in on it. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Well, that seems like a weird bit.  Why not just go hit grounders with a fungo instead of writing up new material?  

I'm easily fooled by the interwebs, but that guy legitimately seems like he's had a few Buttmakers before the game---based on his speech pattern and balance adjustment.  

But hey, it's all about the kids having fun and trying their best, amirite?  

I still remember some regional game we had in the mid 2000's.  Wife and I attend the game, and decide to stop off at Eddie V's for a bite and drink at the bar.  About the same time we get there, Augie walks in and being the ladies' man chats up wife a bit with compliments.  He's in street clothes and seems pretty drunk.  Not shitfaced but certainly already into the cups.  And he shakes our hands and goes over to sit with some regulars.  And I'm doing the math like, "It took us 30 minutes to walk out, get to the car, sit in traffic, and park here.  And he made it in about the same timeframe is seems like he's knocked back a few.  How is that possible?"  He musta had a system.  Few years ago right after he died, my buddy who bartended there for many years texted me to come down.  Some staffer (can't remember who) put Augie's jersey on the back of his favorite stool.  And my buddy and his staff didn't let anyone sit there for a few days as a tribute to Garrido.  Thought that was kinda cool.  

Schloss can get schloss'd all he wants if he brings us home some hardware.  Hook 'em! 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Tough shit....get paid like a pro, get treated like a pro.

It seems like you may not be clear on this so I'll help you out, keyboard warriors who talk shit about professional athletes for making a personal or career decision are also morons. 

Glad to assist. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, YGIFS said:

eye-roll.gif

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Levi said:

Farmer is back 

I liked what I saw from him. Seems to have some potential, but not sure if he’ll see much playing time in the OF next year as it seems we are pretty much set out there. If he tears it up in the Fall, maybe see if Beyleu can play first?  

1 hour ago, EZ$ said:

I liked what I saw from him. Seems to have some potential, but not sure if he’ll see much playing time in the OF next year as it seems we are pretty much set out there. If he tears it up in the Fall, maybe see if Beyleu can play first?  

I agree the potential is there and most likely if it all works out his biggest impact will be felt in ‘26. Farmer needs to get the bat figured out and once he does, he will be a stud. Dude can cover so much ground in the outfield. I still lean with Gaspo being the guy that plays first from the outfielders. 

2 hours ago, Levi said:

I agree the potential is there and most likely if it all works out his biggest impact will be felt in ‘26. Farmer needs to get the bat figured out and once he does, he will be a stud. Dude can cover so much ground in the outfield. I still lean with Gaspo being the guy that plays first from the outfielders. 

I dunno I think he’s got the best glove out there generally, he also covers a ton of ground. Max has a big arm but his glove and ability to read the ball off the bat is a bit suspect.

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I dunno I think he’s got the best glove out there generally, he also covers a ton of ground. Max has a big arm but his glove and ability to read the ball off the bat is a bit suspect.

Yeah I don’t think Max’s play in the outfield this year was great either, and first base might be his spot long term. But right now I look at Gaspo like I do Thomas—both were the best athletes we had last year. My biggest point is that Gasparino might be have an easier time transitioning. Luckily Borba can play 3B and 1B so that gives us a little wiggle room for positional makeup. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/4/2024 at 10:40 AM, royiv said:

It’s a bit, dude. He has an entire YouTube channel of him doing the bit. The parents and kids are in on it. 

To your point.   Note the kids having fun.   Relaxes them pregame.

Check their jerseys "Dingers and bat flips,  never bunt"    :)

Intel on opponents' pitching is crucial. Nothing raises your winning percentage like being able to tell your hitters "this guy wants to throw strikes on the first pitch, you're a right-handed power guy, and he throws low and away to you, sit on that for that first one."

I'm assuming from watching both aggy and vols that Schloss and Max are all over that. 

QUESTION: do NCAA rules prohibit regular season opponent scouting and taping? The Meatchicken hoohaw last season put "the rules book" front and center, and as I recall, it mentioned scouting as okay in tournament situations and pertained to basketball for sure, but I don't know if it was also for baseball - no good reason why not.

Don't know much about the Chilcutt kid from San Antonio that just decommitted, but he seems to be small.  I saw 5" 8" and 5"9" and about 155-160 lbs.  Not sure how recent that was.  Pretty small for any player, particularly a catcher.  I did a quick search and other than being listed on a couple of the baseball prep sites there is not much information.  Perhaps not much of a loss.

16 minutes ago, .45s said:

Don't know much about the Chilcutt kid from San Antonio that just decommitted, but he seems to be small.  I saw 5" 8" and 5"9" and about 155-160 lbs.  Not sure how recent that was.  Pretty small for any player, particularly a catcher.  I did a quick search and other than being listed on a couple of the baseball prep sites there is not much information.  Perhaps not much of a loss.

IMG_0844.thumb.jpeg.cb5ed43a1cbd188efd7b2e681806b8e0.jpeg