Texas Baseball 2025 - Show Me A Schloss

petscii

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I knew it wouldn’t take long, but some of this is really moving at warp speed:

1) Liucci claiming to have known the whole time. 

2) Aggies claiming that Schlossnagle cost them the series. 

3) Aggies beginning the process of arguing that Schlossnagle is a tu spy that was sent there to sabotage their shot at a title. 

This keeps getting better and better. 

Number one is the best.  hope someone screenshot his twitter the past few days where he was adamant schloss wasn't leaving.  

fightingfarmer09 about to get the ban hammer.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

IMG_1607.thumb.png.7dd13001277c97303a5ece02951d3a97.pngIMG_1608.thumb.png.1b3b8599ff94662692537830dcc5a837.pngIMG_1609.thumb.png.98f6a825be1a5ea4b997a8098e1a4def.png

Ah yes, the fans who were absolutely certain we wouldn't get Schloss and our fans were delusional for even thinking it, now say something was off with their dugout and it seemed like Schloss was indifferent to winning or losing the CWS.

Michael Buble Bubly Water GIF by bubly

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Hook 'Em 3

38 minutes ago, JGHorn said:

Liucci
Staff
5:07p
First and foremost, been on the plane from Omaha as this developed (still am) and before I posted, Chip Brown broke the Schloss to Texas story officially. Regardless, here is the write-up I've been working on somewhere over Dallas that you guys will probably find equal parts fascinating and infuriating:

Been doing this a long time guys and when someone acts out of character for an extended period of time, it's usually for a reason. As someone who considers the man a very good friend of three years, I'm not the only one who can say that the Aggie skipper has acted differently for a while now.

The ambiguity when asked the question directly, getting progressively more angry with Richard as he answered a very fair and appropriate question last night almost felt like Schloss thought he was going to make it off of that podium without having to address and elephant in the room that he and Texas AD Chris Del Conte themselves created on the very day that Texas A&M (and Schloss) were set to play for their first-ever national championship. Del Conte by allowing news to leak on championship Monday that the Longhorns were moving on from David Pearce and Schlossnagle by not providing a direct answer to Zane's question during the presser or when I asked him directly earlier in the day. The fact that he became borderline enraged at the podium (and became progressively defensive and angry as he meandered into his answer) was telling, as was him exiting the podium and going out of his way to tell Richard inches from his face that he'd never speak to him again.

Brent and new Houston Chronicle hire Kirk Bohls put out an as-expected great write up a little while ago regarding Schloss having a decision to make tonight. If he has a decision to make tonight, folks, there's no decision to be made. If that's the case, the third-year Aggie head coach is out the door...after having one foot out the door for weeks, in my opinion. By 'for weeks,' I mean dating all the way back to the Georgia series in late April, when many inside the program and even a source I would describe as extremely credible told me "it's already done, he's taking the Texas job."

From that moment on, I've been doing pretty tiresome (and not at all enjoyable) work behind the scenes to get a real feel for how real the Schloss-to-Texas possibility was. Knowing it was real but also not willing to go all in on the 'it's done' intel, what I did was discern whether or not the powers-that-be in Aggieland knew the possibility was, in my opinion, a very realistic one. Believe me when I say, no one in College Station was unaware of neither Schloss' closest of friendships with CDC nor his interest in making the move to work under his buddy in Burnt Orange. As such, new Aggie AD Trev Alberts and the powers-that-be at Texas A&M made it very clear that the new $80 million stadium renovations/remodel were a full go and, per my knowledge, also made it clear that a new contract was a foregone conclusion.

I don't think any of that ever mattered if we see Schloss move down Highway 21 tonight or tomorrow. I'm of the opinion he was long gone long before yesterday's announcement out of Austin, which makes it all the more bizarre that CDC would allow such a leak on the day the guy he knew was his future coach (and close friend) was playing for his first-ever national championship. I can only imagine what the Aggie players were thinking or wondering as the 6 p.m. first pitch - the biggest game of their lives, mind you - approached. This is the most dialed in group of athletes I've ever seen at A&M and they clearly showed up ready to play, but it's just a really inexplicable situation to create if you're Del Conte or Schloss knowing what was coming. Hell, it's the entire (and only) reason I haven't commented on the smoke down the stretch run. The Aggie players didn't deserve it...even though they had been wondering the same and hearing things in baseball circles for quite some time now.

I've covered these coaching moves and the rumor mill more times than I can remember and if Schloss takes that job in Austin and doubles down on the orange hue, it was a mere formality to coach his team across the finish line this season, which he did do a masterful job of.

But don't be fooled by semantics here. There's no meeting scheduled for tonight and if there's one tomorrow, the behavior pattern suggests said meeting will never take place. There's nothing new for Jim to learn, as he knows a stadium is coming and knows he's in line for a big raise for he and his assistants. Truth is, he's likely in line for a bigger payday at Texas.

For weeks, the question myself and many were asking was whether or not Schloss was leveraging Texas interest and the Ags' incredible season for stadium upgrades and the last big deal he'll likely sign or simply checked out (not in terms of coaching the team but in terms of checked out on the idea of coaching in College Station beyond this season). In fairness, the lack of stadium movement - which I've been told many times was a Ross Bjork promise when luring 22 away from TCU - is something that has stuck in Schloss' craw for a while but the truth is that's all changed in recent months, to the point that it is absolutely happening. Deep down he knows this and sport administrator Chris Park being let go a few months ago will also be convenient cover when it comes to reasons for leaving.

So when you hear the head coach is scheduled to meet with A&M brass as the Aggies try to keep the national runner-up in College Station, he's likely already cruising through Dime Box en route to Austin. The silence throughout the day yesterday, and really throughout the week, spoke volumes, didn't it?

And when every single source on one side has been confident a deal was done for weeks and the other doesn't know what the coach is going to do, historically we're at roughly 99% said coach is long gone. And if need more convincing, his last act in a Texas A&M uniform - angrily telling a reporter he'd never speak to him again - should be more than enough to tell you what's coming.

That’s some gawd awful writing. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Texas Baseball 2025 - Show Me A Schloss
  • immamac unpinned this topic