Texas Baseball 2025 - Show Me A Schloss

petscii

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Blackcat00 said:

Tanner Witt posted a vid of him throwing a bullpen and something about a comeback. 

I didn’t see anything about a comeback. Just the throwing. Also didn’t know he’s dating EmJ Cox on the soccer team, who took a medical RS last season 

Edited by Js1

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I didn’t see anything about a comeback. Just the throwing. Also didn’t know he’s dating EmJ Cox on the soccer team, who took a medical RS last season 

nm

Edited by UncleBuck

So is there any chance at all Witt comes back? I’d love to see what Schloss and Weiner could do with him. It’s basically a lottery ticket. Either our new coaches fix him up and worst case scenario, he’s a good locker room presence. 

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

Where does Ruger Riojas fit in?

Gives flexibility in another closer, or for sure some middle relief.

75 Ks in 69 innings (only 18 walks) plus 7 saves and 10-3 overall. .256 opponents batting average. 

Edited by BillyGoatHill
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

That new flip from Fargo, Drew Rerick, is pretty impressive.  The MLB draft tracker has him at 141, but I did not check any other site.  Hope he comes to UT.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't keep up with recruiting -- what's the high level story on current status of recruits and transfers in Austin as opposed to B/CS?

Recruits were so disgusted by the betrayal of the pure and virtuous aggy that Schloss can't even get anyone to return his calls.

47 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Oh wait, never mind.

Edited by Herpa Derpa
  • Hook 'Em 5

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Great flip but does he get to campus?

Projected day 2 pick (5th round?) will have lots of  $$$$ thrown at him... 

Good write up below.

https://www.devilslakejournal.com/sports/5150/north-dakotas-drew-rerick-primed-for-potential-day-2-mlb-draft-selection/

Yah, something to think about. But flipping less than a week before the draft seems a little extra if you're thinking you're probably going to skip out on college. 

Edited by UncleBuck
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Yah, something to think about. But flipping just a week before the draft seems a little extra if you're thinking you're probably going to skip out on college. 

Hope we get him here. 

Some good vids of him on X. He picked aggy due to the staff (now here)and some other comments about environment, fans (ha!).

Hopefully das WeinerSchloss can work some magic and convince him to the 40.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Recruits were so disgusted by the betrayal of the pure and virtuous aggy that Schloss can't even get anyone to return his calls.

Oh wait, never mind.

Reaction of most HS athletes to Schloss going to his "Rival":

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

Reaction of most TexAg posters:

I Never Liked You Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Spaceman_Spiff said:

Schloss recruiting for a week really puts in perspective that Pierce was stuck in neutral, especially on the portal

I have it on good authority that A&M & Earley are kicking our ass.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Spaceman_Spiff said:

Schloss recruiting for a week really puts in perspective that Pierce was stuck in neutral, especially on the portal

It's a good sign that Schloss and Weiner realized they needed a complete overhaul in the pitching department. 

• Hook 'Em 3

The biggest obstacle at Disch-Falk isn't going to be turf, the turf can be improved rather easily IMO. The biggest issue is space. Outfield space, specifically. 

There will be many issues with a reconstruct of DF. Not to say it can't be done, but issues will need to be addressed at what cost.

• City of Austin owns Comal st. UT would have to purchase and negotiate ownership or redesign with the city.
  • The roads that surround DF currently will need to be adjusted and remain in some fashion for Fire and EMS access. You're not going to be able to delete them.
  • I'd bet $50.00 against $5.00 that there are a lot of utilities under Comal especially, much less the other roads. The utilities I'm guessing are, Sanitary Sewer, Storm Sewer, Domestic Water, Fire Water, Power, Telecommunications, and any unknow items from the beginning of time. All those would need to be relocated, and it will not be cheap if even possible.
  • I'm guessing other SEC stadiums with natural grass TURF, do not need a practice field? Certainly don't need a practice field with artificial TURF. I'd expect no issues growing grass as Dell Diamond is about same orientation and they have no issues. Plenty of sun in Texas for crying out loud. Hell may need shading.

The best I would guess Texas could do is either place stadium in a new location completely, or relocate all the current supporting buildings around DF and then you can expand a little. Relocation of road along left and center fields could be tucked closer to tennis courts, but need fire truck requirements. More options could arise if Comal could be pushed east and utilities along with it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Victor R. Franko said:

There will be many issues with a reconstruct of DF. Not to say it can't be done, but issues will need to be addressed at what cost.

• City of Austin owns Comal st. UT would have to purchase and negotiate ownership or redesign with the city.
  • The roads that surround DF currently will need to be adjusted and remain in some fashion for Fire and EMS access. You're not going to be able to delete them.
  • I'd bet $50.00 against $5.00 that there are a lot of utilities under Comal especially, much less the other roads. The utilities I'm guessing are, Sanitary Sewer, Storm Sewer, Domestic Water, Fire Water, Power, Telecommunications, and any unknow items from the beginning of time. All those would need to be relocated, and it will not be cheap if even possible.
  • I'm guessing other SEC stadiums with natural grass TURF, do not need a practice field? Certainly don't need a practice field with artificial TURF. I'd expect no issues growing grass as Dell Diamond is about same orientation and they have no issues. Plenty of sun in Texas for crying out loud. Hell may need shading.

The best I would guess Texas could do is either place stadium in a new location completely, or relocate all the current supporting buildings around DF and then you can expand a little. Relocation of road along left and center fields could be tucked closer to tennis courts, but need fire truck requirements. More options could arise if Comal could be pushed east and utilities along with it.

A rebuild at the current location might be the best solution.   I don’t know if you totally have to demo and start from scratch?  Or we can do like some have done with their football/baseball stadium projects and build off the existing bones.    Where in vicinity to the University is an available parcel of land that could both accommodate a new baseball and softball facility?    

And really I don’t know how you can even renovate the existing softball facility without a total teardown in order to rival some of the more recent softball stadium builds such as OUSux.   That might take a much larger parcel of land regardless.   Maybe now a mistake in hindsight allowing the new student housing to be built adjacent to the  softball field. 

What's the parking situation at the softball field?  Is total parking capacity for baseball + softball designed to accommodate overlapping games?  I'd be curious to see if creative scheduling might allow some of that parking on the other side of McCombs to be removed for better softball facilities.  Might not be enough to even consider.

If a new site was to be used for baseball, the DFF site would be plenty large enough to build nice softball stadium on- maybe even using some existing structure. Leaving the current mccombs field site to be demo’d for parking or more apartments, or some other university need. 

But I don’t like the idea of baseball being even further from campus than just across the highway.  

I don't think anything major is happening to baseball or softball until they cap and cover I-35. When that happens, it will open up a lot more possibilities.

Shorter term, I'd like to see them close Red River south of Dean Keeton (since they already neutered it with the Moody, it's not a thru street anymore), and then you could use the bubble + LBJ parking areas for new Baseball and Softball facilities. You could put a garage where Lot 37 is and reclaim all of this area:

Untitled.thumb.jpg.aa192e4206f4d12d8fa665fed74f8ade.jpg

51 minutes ago, hornian said:

I don't think anything major is happening to baseball or softball until they cap and cover I-35. When that happens, it will open up a lot more possibilities.

Shorter term, I'd like to see them close Red River south of Dean Keeton (since they already neutered it with the Moody, it's not a thru street anymore), and then you could use the bubble + LBJ parking areas for new Baseball and Softball facilities. You could put a garage where Lot 37 is and reclaim all of this area:

Post the same imagery just East of Disch and South of Mccombs. That block is obvious location for Softball stadium. Exact same size. Then tear down Mccombs for whatever. 

That will 2060 and most of us will be dead. Just guess based on how long I-35 projects take.
  • Hook 'Em 1