Texas Baseball 2025 - Show Me A Schloss

petscii

How much space is really needed?  Seems like Comal could be turned into a pedestrian road like Speedway and that road north of the stadium could be moved or wrapped around the tennis courts and you're done.

Here's Disch-Falk vs Wrigley, same scale.  We don't need anything close to that capacity.  For Wrigley, I love the left and right field bleachers and the little odd nooks and crannies they create, and love the seats down the line that angle in to face the field.

image.thumb.png.563b5922c5a04817ef088f805c3cfea1.png

BTW, Jalin Flores is slotted as the 116th-ranked prospect. That's mid-fourth round to the Giants with a slot value of $624.80k. He has a lot of leverage, and will next draft too. Would not be a surprise to see him come back.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Yeah, this team may fuck next season. The bullpen looks really good and the offense should produce enough on average. Just need to nail down the starting pitching roles.

At least we won’t spend all of non con and half of conference “experimenting” because the pitching coach has no fucking clue what he’s doing. 

Also lol @Balcones husband not being able to land a HC job and being relegated to asst at Texas St

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

At least we won’t spend all of non con and half of conference “experimenting” because the pitching coach has no fucking clue what he’s doing. 

Also lol @Balcones husband not being able to land a HC job and being relegated to asst at Texas St

You must be conflicted.  Pierce at your alma mater now? 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, MuellerHorn said:

BTW, Jalin Flores is slotted as the 116th-ranked prospect. That's mid-fourth round to the Giants with a slot value of $624.80k. He has a lot of leverage, and will next draft too. Would not be a surprise to see him come back.

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

Great job all-around getting this done. Thank goodness for NIL. 

episode 7 monty burns GIF

Edited by MuellerHorn

11 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

What do we think his role would be?

Not sure with all the young talented arms we have coming to campus. He seems to have starter stuff but so does Navarre? I guess as of right now our weekend starters are Grubbs, Ace and Burns(?). 

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Been keeping up with this one.  Great feud.  [[Jim Lampley voice]] And BOW with a haymaker that connects as the third round ends]]

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

This is kind of shocking.  Texas State does NOT pay well at all.  

I don’t think he’s hurting for money 

Just now, kevwun said:

I would bet his offers were limited.  I imagine that everyone knows by now that he doesn't play well with others.

Hes old 

38 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I don’t think he’s hurting for money 

Hes old 

Yeah, and this thread still had him landing at either Rice or UH.  Jose Cruz JR is 61-112, and Rice would rather have him than Pierce?  Ouch.

Didn't DP's wife make some reference to not wanting to have to move if he got fired, the implication being they couldn't afford their house w/o something close to his UT salary?  I remember looking up his address at one point, I think it was in Tarrytown, sort of a medium large McMansion in the low millions range.  Not as elaborate as Mack's old house on Balcones @ Edgemont, but nice enough.  

50 minutes ago, Levi said:

Not sure with all the young talented arms we have coming to campus. He seems to have starter stuff but so does Navarre? I guess as of right now our weekend starters are Grubbs, Ace and Burns(?). 

I’d be surprised if Ace or Grubbs are starters but it’ll be nice to have competition 

2 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

I’d be surprised if Ace or Grubbs are starters but it’ll be nice to have competition 

Ace did yeoman’s work this year but he should not be the primary starter. Love him as a Tuesday night or maybe Sunday afternoon or even a solid middle relief/change of pace.