Texas Baseball 2025 - Show Me A Schloss

petscii

2 hours ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Probably a stupid question, but what happens to a kid that gets cut? Does he just be a pleb like the rest of us and attend classes and hope to tryout again? How does that work?

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I would hope his scholarship (X% full) would be valid through the spring semester.

Their scholarship counts, but most will bounce to a junior college (most guys cut are underclassmen) for the spring semester. A few will hang it up and enjoy student life.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Their scholarship counts, but most will bounce to a junior college (most guys cut are underclassmen) for the spring semester. A few will hang it up and enjoy student life.

This.  The JUCOs fill up over the Holidays.

15 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

6 hours ago, Nigel Tufnel said:

This.  The JUCOs fill up over the Holidays.

Yep. Many moons ago when I was trying to make my JUCO team, we had more than a couple of guys that quickly transferred after being cut by Gus early in the fall. I was lucky and made the cut as a walk on when many guys (much better than me) didn't take the STUDENT part of student athlete serious enough, and their GPA after the fall semester was too low which of course got them cut.

Edited by BillyGoatHill

1 hour ago, wood said:

Any word on fall semester games?

In one of his media things he said probably no exhibition games against other schools.  

Now the question is that the fall world series games were sometimes on LHN and now that is gone, so wither orange/white games online?

• Rage+1 1

18 hours ago, petscii said:

In one of his media things he said probably no exhibition games against other schools.  

Now the question is that the fall world series games were sometimes on LHN and now that is gone, so wither orange/white games online?

Hopefully at least the LHN app

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/4/2024 at 4:00 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

So, how will the season go once we start off 0-3?

That shit better end with Pierce.  If I had to watch us go 0-3 and then read here that it doesn't matter and he always has the team peaking at the end of the season one more time...

1 hour ago, thunderlounge said:

Interesting. Might have to look at getting tickets for the series at misery.

1 hour ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

I'm thinking bayou kitty, gata, or piggy.  

1 hour ago, petscii said:

So Columbia or Lexington for road series?  I've never been to either campus/city/state..

• Hook 'Em 3

I think I mentioned it a while back, but I heard we will host Arizona State for at least one-midweek game. This is going to be a very strong schedule overall. Two early weekend tournaments in Arlington and Vegas+ two non-con series + SEC schedule + usual midweek matchups (home and home vs Texas State, etc).

Schloss has traditionally scheduled extremely soft in non-con, knowing that is coming down the pipe in SEC play, so I have to imagine the two non-con weekends that are unaccounted for will be total creampuffs. A&M had one of their best teams ever last year and still scheduled Wagner, McNeese State and Rhode Island for 3 of their 4 non-con weekends.

Also, I won't say any SEC team got an 'easy' conference schedule, but OU avoided Arkansas, Tennessee, A&M and Florida while getting to host Texas, LSU and Vandy. That is quite the gift. Their road series are South Carolina, Alabama, Kentucky, Missouri and Georgia. 

11 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Is there any reason why I shouldn't consider the 2nd part to be a complete non sequitir?

I think we're supposed to infer that he's going because his GF wants to meet up with kin from Michigan who will happen to be in Vegas to escape the cold.   That's my analysis, anyway.