Corporate tailgate for TX-OU

Buzzrock

Maybe we can take that offline. The last thing I need is to dox myself by getting into details on the thread.

But in the meantime if anyone knows anything about arranging for a 100-person tailgate at that game pls let me know. I’ve never attended that or the fair so I don’t really know what I’m getting myself into. I understand the stadium is a relic and have been told there are no suite options or anything hence the tailgate idea.

9 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Maybe we can take that offline. The last thing I need is to dox myself by getting into details on the thread.

But in the meantime if anyone knows anything about arranging for a 100-person tailgate at that game pls let me know. I’ve never attended that or the fair so I don’t really know what I’m getting myself into. I understand the stadium is a relic and have been told there are no suite options or anything hence the tailgate idea.

What industry are you in?

31 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

What is your mother's maiden name?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Buzzrock said:

The very last place I would look for organizing a corporate tailgate would be this exact website.

That being said, please let us join and show up so we can black out in front of all your professional contacts.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

40 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Ok lemme ask a different question: is it common for people to stay at the tailgate and watch the game there on TV?

No, in my experience, I’ve done a great morning session with people. Then it is packed up before kickoff. When we decided not to walk in the stadium or we sold our tickets, we went to the beer garden right next to the stadium or we found another spot with TVs inside the fair to socialize. In short, I’ve never been to a tailgate where people stayed at the tailgate for the game.

Most often, we were focused on socializing, catching up, etc, when we were getting our ass kicked on the field.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Has anyone ever done anything like that? I have a ton of Dallas customers and think it would be a blast, but my field marketing team is having trouble finding any info.

https://www.fairparkdallas.com/connect/host-an-event

Never seen a tailgate at Fair Park, but maybe it had already been stolen/robbed by time I got there.  You want a Private Party event inside the gates.

10 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

https://www.fairparkdallas.com/connect/host-an-event

Never seen a tailgate at Fair Park, but maybe it had already been stolen/robbed by time I got there.  You want a Private Party event inside the gates.

That link won’t get you anywhere for a private party while the fair is going on. The State Fair of Texas has control of the fairgrounds during the fair. Fair Park Dallas (Oak View Group) is responsible for running and booking it the rest of the year.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

The last thing I need is to dox myself by getting into details on the thread.

You can take all of the measures you want to keep you, your company and the location of this tailgate confidential, but I will still show up and make everyone really uncomfortable. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Ignatius said:

It would be lame as shit to hang out in the parking lots outside the fairgrounds on that particular day; inside the fairgrounds you’re not going to be able to find any place that 100 people can hang out together in their own area…

Two options come to mind. First, the Texas-Exes have an area behind what used to be the Museum of Natural History. I imagine you could get a similar area perhaps adjacent to it.

Second, look into the Texas Discovery Gardens.  They rent out their area on certain occasions.  Here is something to get you started:

https://txdg.org/corporate-events/

Finally, you may wish to collaborate with some 501(c)(3) organizations to enlist their help. Perhaps through this organization you could sponsor some kids to attend their first game, but for those who could not attend, you could still solicit for a tax free donation.

it is one thing to approach Fair Park and say XYZ corporation wants to rent this space on this very busy day.

But, to be able to say, we are sponsoring 5 kids with special needs to attend their first Texas - ou game (maybe find a way to get them field passes) and are collaborating with ABC Foundation... NOW, you have something!

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, DaggerHorns said:

No, in my experience, I’ve done a great morning session with people. Then it is packed up before kickoff. When we decided not to walk in the stadium or we sold our tickets, we went to the beer garden right next to the stadium or we found another spot with TVs inside the fair to socialize. In short, I’ve never been to a tailgate where people stayed at the tailgate for the game.

Most often, we were focused on socializing, catching up, etc, when we were getting our ass kicked on the field.

Yep, just take over Hans Mueller’s beer “garden” after the game.

20 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

I know how to throw 2000+ person events on 3 weeks notice. I think I can help you with your 100 person thing at the damn cotton bowl. 

Cotton bowl watch parties are fun, but there are already places to do that and if you aren't going to the game or a significant amount of people are not and it's not for advertising and all you are doing is giving people booze and food before/after the game inside fair park then I wouldn't do it. 

A proper watch party will probably be on the order of 40-50k for 100 people done right with a screen, food and open bar + the rental space, tents, bars, tables, chairs, flooring, barricades, security, wristbands etc. It's expensive because they don't just have extra of that stuff for things like this you would have to bring it in and you'd likely have to leave it for a few days so you'd pay rental on fri-sun instead of just Saturday. Food is not cheap and you'd have to use a vendor already approved in the park or figure out how to get food for 100 people into the park. Made to order food would require a food truck and all kinds of permits etc and that's a stretch. 

Basically if you aren't serious about this it's not really worth doing vs just taking over an area of the fairgrounds with existing infrastructure and just dominating it with tickets and asses in seats. 

3 hours ago, immamac said:

I know how to throw 2000+ person events on 3 weeks notice. I think I can help you with your 100 person thing at the damn cotton bowl. 

Cotton bowl watch parties are fun, but there are already places to do that and if you aren't going to the game or a significant amount of people are not and it's not for advertising and all you are doing is giving people booze and food before/after the game inside fair park then I wouldn't do it. 

A proper watch party will probably be on the order of 40-50k for 100 people done right with a screen, food and open bar + the rental space, tents, bars, tables, chairs, flooring, barricades, security, wristbands etc. It's expensive because they don't just have extra of that stuff for things like this you would have to bring it in and you'd likely have to leave it for a few days so you'd pay rental on fri-sun instead of just Saturday. Food is not cheap and you'd have to use a vendor already approved in the park or figure out how to get food for 100 people into the park. Made to order food would require a food truck and all kinds of permits etc and that's a stretch. 

Basically if you aren't serious about this it's not really worth doing vs just taking over an area of the fairgrounds with existing infrastructure and just dominating it with tickets and asses in seats. 

So you’re saying you have a particular set of skills?

• Haha 1