NHL Offseason 2024

Would still love to see the B’s add another scoring threat to the top 6. Not sure what’s left over after the signings from this morning. Wouldn’t hate Sean Monahan from the Jets. 

9 minutes ago, Vertuzzi said:

Would still love to see the B’s add another scoring threat to the top 6. Not sure what’s left over after the signings from this morning. Wouldn’t hate Sean Monahan from the Jets. 

And he’s gone to Columbus. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Vertuzzi said:

Looks like the Bruins are signing Zadorov and Lindholm from Vancouver. We get our center and a solid piece to add to the backend. 

IMO, Lindholm is the best signing of the day.

18 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

IMO, Lindholm is the best signing of the day.

It was a crucial signing for Boston. Finally have a 1C and can move Zacha to his actual position of LW. Still think they need one more scoring threat on the second line. 
On another note, it sounds like there’s more bullshit getting in the way of an extension with Swayman. Not sure what the issue is but it’s absolutely necessary that the Bruins get this done quickly. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh man did St Louis deliver today on two of my favorite things: Offer sheets and levels of pettiness that are off the scale. 

https://www.nhl.com/news/st-louis-signs-philip-broberg-dylan-holloway-to-offer-sheets

The two year deals on this are just magnificent since that really puts a squeeze on Edmonton with Drai and McDavid up for contract renewals this coming offseason. Doug Armstrong sticking it to Stan Bowman

Dave Chappelle Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Hook 'Em 2

Love it. Fuck all of the Canadian teams and their miserable fans. 

On 8/16/2024 at 8:48 PM, jetsfan76 said:

The only thing I'm confident about with the Jets this year, is that they'll let me down. But I still love 'em.

You guys always look awesome game 1 of the first round….

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

I was curious who are the winningest teams in the last 25 years. I was honestly shocked at the Stars' position. I was thinking top 10.
https://www.statmuse.com/nhl/ask/most-wins-nhl-teams-last-25-years

based on the Jets' position they should be shooting for mediocrity, not cups

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

Is Laine a bad dude?

Portzline said that veteran players had a meeting a few years ago. He says, "I also think back to a meeting with the veteran players, I think it was maybe after the 19-20 season (believe it was 20-21 he meant), and if my recollection is right it was Cam, it was Seth Jones, it was Werenski, it was Foligno for sure, maybe Gus Nyquist. What do we need to do here to make this thing work? You guys know what a good room is like, you've seen it. And the players, they have a hard time doing this sometimes, and you understand why, basically came back with "You gotta get Laine and Merzlikins out of here." That's steps one and two. The organization heard that and said, "You know what let's get rid of the people who said that," not the people that they mentioned. And look who all's gone."

https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/columbus-blue-jackets/latest-news/were-players-who-spoke-out-against-patrik-laine-and-elvis-merzļikins-traded-to-protect-them

1 hour ago, BigDHornfan said:

Man what a gut punch for that family.  He and his brother both gone the night before their sister's wedding.

Yeah, I had read that as well this morning. Just terrible all around.

38 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

cross him off then 

...dude

Posted (edited)

Fuck, I remember this game, and that winter he led the US to gold in the World Juniors.

I actually have his Calgary jersey and put it on this morning when I took the dog for a walk.  

Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck.

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bill Brasky said:

cross him off then 

It’s a shame the drunk driver that killed him and his brother can’t be crossed off. But life doesn’t work that way. This is a horrible situation for his family. Hope the loser drunk driver suffers the rest of his life. 

Goddamn.  I don’t know shit about hockey but this is about the worst case scenario for a family.  I don’t know who to feel worse for - his and his brother’s wives, or his and his brother’s parents.  Two kids gone in a second, the night before their daughter’s wedding?  Unfathomable.  RIP and I hope somehow the family can find peace. But this is about as bad as it gets.