do you want uruguay to win on monday?

Derka

do you want uruguay to beat the usmnt on monday?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. do you want uruguay to win

• yes, i want uruguay to win 5-0
    • sadly, yes
    • no i could never root for the usmnt to lose

Greg sucks and I wish we had a better coach. But you have to take glory whenever you can get it. A win over Uruguay to advance in Copa would be a massive moment. Turning that down for an imagined greater chance of success in 2 years is lunacy. There's no guarantee that 

A. Berhalter would even get fired if we lose

B. The new coach will get big wins in WC26.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cmontexas said:

Greg sucks and I wish we had a better coach. But you have to take glory whenever you can get it. A win over Uruguay to advance in Copa would be a massive moment. Turning that down for an imagined greater chance of success in 2 years is lunacy. There's no guarantee that 

A. Berhalter would even get fired if we lose

This is where I am. If I was 100% sure Gregggg would get fired with a loss, then I would probably root for it. But I don't trust the leadership to do that or to make the right hire even if they shitcan him. 

• Like 1

I’m genuinely excited about the match.   It’s our first real match since the defeat to the Netherlands in the WC.

In 6 years and 75 matches GGG has never beaten a team of this quality, but it’s fun to see us match up with teams like this.   I’m bored to tears with concacaf matches.  

What scares me is Ggg somehow doing something he’s never done and beat a legit team, but Panama ends up winning 3 or 4 to nothing and we still don’t go thru.  

• Hook 'Em 3

what is even the point then? this guy is untouchable? he already did a shit job, lost his job, got the job back with the help of his brother, and now it’s just a matter of fact that his results don’t matter? i hope we lose 10-0 now.

no, there’s no guarantee that his replacement will be better, but there is a guarantee that this team will underachieve and squander its one shot to make a deep run during a home WC with gregg running the team. it is exhausting trying to support this team and the ussf. i love the players, but i megaloathe gregg and the ussf brass.

Edited by Derka
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 4

10 hours ago, WBT said:

Remind me how Wynalda got involved in the Reyna-Berhalter feud?  Was he pro or anti gergg?

Is he shit-stirring here or legit trying to get people on board?

i think he's just stating what he's hearing and he is absolutely deeply connected

other than grant wahl (RIP) he has been one of the very few with a national 'mainstream' profile to take a global view (attitude) towards our federation and (men's) national team

i too hope we win and keep winning so we don't have to find out

17 hours ago, cmontexas said:

This is the wrong view. This isn’t about winning. This is about setting the team up to be in a position to win. And that is Gregg’s largest failure as the manager. He has rarely setup the team to have the greatest chance at success.

My problems with Gregg are not that he loses, it’s that so often the decisions he makes with this team put them in a position to lose. If I thought he gave this team every chance to succeed and lost, I would be ok with it. But that isn’t what’s going on with our team so see ya Gregg. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

You know what? Fuck it!!! Let's go out and win this motherfucker!!! This is the kind of game where Gregg dials it up - throws caution to the wind and actually does the shit that we think he should be doing. Maybe it will flip a switch in him and make him think about what he really needs to do beyond this single game! I doubt it, but fuck it, let's win this!!!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Just now, Captain Ron said:

You know what? Fuck it!!! Let's go out and win this motherfucker!!! This is the kind of game where Gregg dials it up - throws caution to the wind and actually does the shit that we think he should be doing. Maybe it will flip a switch in him and make him think about what he really needs to do beyond this single game! I doubt it, but fuck it, let's win this!!!

I hear you! Gergg is gonna let it ALL hang loose tomorrow. Like, he might actually use all his subs before the 87th minute!!!

• Haha 1

i’ve felt this way before (i hope we lose!!) and invariably i’ve found myself unable to actually root against my team on gameday. i have no doubt that when the game actually starts that i’ll be all-in on a US win, but i can’t lie- an early uruguay goal and i’m going to flip shit and masochistically root for a bloodbath. 

Edited by Derka
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

It is? The comparable games I can recall are Japan friendly when he was comprehensively exposed, England when he parked the bus, Netherlands when he got pantsed by LVG and Brazil friendly when Turner had 26 saves.     

balogun gets mugged, no call. 

19 minutes ago, The Dog said:

His brother is no longer at US Soccer.

his homies are still there. and they seem like they’d rather have gregg in charge then to actually be competitive.

Edited by Derka

18 minutes ago, Derka said:

balogun gets mugged, no call. 

his homies are still there. and they seem like they’d rather have gregg in charge then to actually be competitive.

He got the job because the pussies on the team wanted him. “Comfort hire” personified.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/30/2024 at 11:25 PM, Captain Ron said:

Or ...