I want to buy a Texas Baseball batting helmet for my office.

petscii

Posted (edited)

It does not need to be game used and it can be a replica.  I'd like it to be the same brand and type as the team uses.  I've been trolling ebay for a year looking for one. 

I know Texas has sold team stuff in the past but I'm not in Austin so I have not had any Internet luck finding anything.

Anyone know how to go about sourcing this?

Edited by petscii

1 hour ago, petscii said:

It does not need to be game used and it can be a replica.  I'd like it to be the same brand and type as the team uses.  I've been trolling ebay for a year looking for one. 

I know Texas has sold team stuff in the past but I'm not in Austin so I have not had any Internet luck finding anything.

Have you tried reaching out to the baseball team's equipment manager? Whoever that is...

30 minutes ago, Dewey said:

Not trying to highjack,  but I share an office with an aggy, looking for a framed photo of coach Schloss in Texas gear. Wanting to hang in my office, nothing crazy (3'w X 5'h)

Get a bigger frame and put CDC's cemetery photo in there also.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, petscii said:

When I first read the thread title, I thought you meant that you needed the helmet to wear in your office.

pqcOaD.gif

Anyone every been here? Most of it is office supply type stuff, but I've seen some cool sports uniforms & equipment:

https://facilitiesservices.utexas.edu/services/surplus-property-moving-services/surplus-reuse-store

The hours totally suck.

5 minutes ago, Born Burnt said:

When I first read the thread title, I thought you meant that you needed the helmet to wear in your office.

pqcOaD.gif

Anyone every been here? Most of it is office supply type stuff, but I've seen some cool sports uniforms & equipment:

https://facilitiesservices.utexas.edu/services/surplus-property-moving-services/surplus-reuse-store

The hours totally suck.

I've got a large head so probably not.  But that would be cool right?   Your second suggestion I will email as that might be perfect.  Assuming they are throwing out pierces 3rd base coach helmet and not using it as a spitoon. 

image.png.59638f271168fd36802016e206d2c0d6.png

• Haha 1

I have one. But it is signed by Pierce.

18 hours ago, petscii said:

You'd better get it soon, because the new ones will probably have gigantic SEC logos on them.

pqcOaD.gif
The hours totally suck.

I’ve been there. Fun place full of random stuff. Kinda hard to find. Not air conditioned so don’t plan a long stay.

The times I have gone they have had some athletic stuff, practice jerseys, extra shoes, just a bunch of misc.