NCAA '25 Longhorns VS Surly Horns - 64 Person Tournament (32 Players, 32 Surly)

immamac

Players vs joes tourney   

16 members have voted

1. 1. Interested in $200 buy in (for NIL merch, $$ goes to players)

• Yes
    • Yes for less than $200
    • No
    • Want to sponsor

• immamac featured and pinned this topic
2 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Sounds hilarious and would definitely watch a stream or two but dumb question amnesty alert:

What does " Shit talking is STRONGLY encouraged, but no gamer talk - profanity ok" mean? What is gamer talk vs shit talking?

I’d assume no gamer talk means no dropping the n word 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Sounds hilarious and would definitely watch a stream or two but dumb question amnesty alert:

What does " Shit talking is STRONGLY encouraged, but no gamer talk - profanity ok" mean? What is gamer talk vs shit talking?

You've never played Xbox live? Lol no crazy shit about fucking their mom's and stuff like that. 

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

You've never played Xbox live? Lol no crazy shit about fucking their mom's and stuff like that. 

I've never been an online game player, I just play single player games. So shit-talking is fine, but not getting personal. That makes sense, I still want to see @closetojumping get matched up against Taffe and shit talk his coverage skills. Hell you should just charge for that streaming event.

• Haha 1

Would be amazing to do a private event at an E-Sports place similar to E-Sports Cave in Cedar Park. They curate tournaments all the time with famous (to 10 yr olds) streamers (for games like Fortnite).

Love the streaming idea as well…I suck at football games, but would donate to watch! If live, would pay to attend / spectate.

16 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I’d fucking annihilate anyone at that game. I don’t even want to think about how many hours I played NCAA 14. Still need to buy a console to play the new game on though, would rather put the buy-in money towards that. So for that reason, I’m out. 

All fun and games until your controller gets caught up in your silver chain from Amazon.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, immamac said:

I've got a plan that I'm pretty sure we can execute on to do something super fun for the release of the NCAA '25 game for both the players and the users of Surly Horns.

32 Players vs 32 Surlsters in the first round, however it shakes out after that is just whatever. But all 32 people will play at least 1 player.

Surly users who play get a signed thing from the player they end up playing as NIL stuff, can be your choosing or we can pick stuff.

Thinking entry fee of $200 (can go higher, but this is the floor) and that makes a 6400 prize pool for the top 8 Players that participate. Everyone that joins that is a non-player will get stuff like memorabilia, a live stream with the player they are playing etc.

We will livecast every game on surlycast, twitch, youtube etc. Shit talking is STRONGLY encouraged, but no gamer talk - profanity ok. Want it to be a really fun atmosphere and a unique opportunity to fuck with some of the players in a way that most people would never get to in real life.

I'll be shopping the concept around if there's enough interest to fill the 32 slots in the next few days and see if we can't get corporate sponsors to get the prize pool up to 50k for the top 8 players and sweeten the deal with some of the brands tossing in stuff that goes to the surlsters as their NIL prize thingy. 

Thoughts etc welcome, kind of planning this on short notice so need to see interest early to really push on this.

Maybe you can set up some side action for @Armybrat on Pong. 😀

Edited by Wishbone

On 7/3/2024 at 5:18 PM, immamac said:

I've got a plan that I'm pretty sure we can execute on to do something super fun for the release of the NCAA '25 game for both the players and the users of Surly Horns.

32 Players vs 32 Surlsters in the first round, however it shakes out after that is just whatever. But all 32 people will play at least 1 player.

Surly users who play get a signed thing from the player they end up playing as NIL stuff, can be your choosing or we can pick stuff.

Thinking entry fee of $200 (can go higher, but this is the floor) and that makes a 6400 prize pool for the top 8 Players that participate. Everyone that joins that is a non-player will get stuff like memorabilia, a live stream with the player they are playing etc.

We will livecast every game on surlycast, twitch, youtube etc. Shit talking is STRONGLY encouraged, but no gamer talk - profanity ok. Want it to be a really fun atmosphere and a unique opportunity to fuck with some of the players in a way that most people would never get to in real life.

I'll be shopping the concept around if there's enough interest to fill the 32 slots in the next few days and see if we can't get corporate sponsors to get the prize pool up to 50k for the top 8 players and sweeten the deal with some of the brands tossing in stuff that goes to the surlsters as their NIL prize thingy. 

Thoughts etc welcome, kind of planning this on short notice so need to see interest early to really push on this.

This sounds awesome. Count me in! I haven't played any football games in the past several years, so I'll need some practice, but I'm in.

6 hours ago, Intercourse With Gray said:

I'm down. I am on PS5 and there doesnt seem to be an answer to cross platform, as I am seeing. Are we doing Heisman difficulty? Streaming on twitch will mean some people will have to change up their set up btw

Can’t you just have someone spectate and screen grab instead of having every fucking person who plays have to stream?

Also, in!