NCAA '25 Longhorns VS Surly Horns - 64 Person Tournament (32 Players, 32 Surly)

immamac

Players vs joes tourney   

31 members have voted

1. 1. Interested in $200 buy in (for NIL merch, $$ goes to players)

• Yes
    • Yes for less than $200
    • No
    • Want to sponsor

On 7/3/2024 at 6:17 PM, F250 said:

I used to be really good at Tecmo Bowl back in the day. I haven't played NCAA or Madden in so long I would end up just mashing buttons and looking confused like a grandpa.

What we need is a Tecmo bowl tournament.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Surly to Player:  You play like Dylan Haines and call plays like Charlie Strong

Player to Surly: Cap, boomer.  You got no Rizz here.

Surly to Player: Ever see a grown man naked?

Edited by Nivek
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I'll play but can't afford to do the buy in. I could throw in 50 or maybe 100 if someone sponsors me for the rest. Instead of sponsored ad reads I'll read off your sponsored smack talk. On Xbox. 

All that is if we get the numbers of course. This is a really great idea. Hope we get some numbers. I have some time to help with things for the next two months. 

Edited by Bodacious Bevo

14 hours ago, immamac said:

So we are at 13 yes. Quite a bit short of 32, so looks like I'm not gonna spend the time to do this. 

Might want to give people more time, there is actually something big that happened in Texas that take priority.  

@immamac you have a date for this yet? The game comes out on the 19th? I think we can get enough players but I'm guessing many can't commit yet. I'm leaving home today for the next two weeks for vacation for instance. I and I'm sure most would like to get the feel for the game as well.

3 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

@immamac you have a date for this yet? The game comes out on the 19th? I think we can get enough players but I'm guessing many can't commit yet. I'm leaving home today for the next two weeks for vacation for instance. I and I'm sure most would like to get the feel for the game as well.

We have the players committed already. 

On 7/3/2024 at 4:55 PM, Izhmash said:

Would be amazing to do a private event at an E-Sports place similar to E-Sports Cave in Cedar Park. They curate tournaments all the time with famous (to 10 yr olds) streamers (for games like Fortnite).

Love the streaming idea as well…I suck at football games, but would donate to watch! If live, would pay to attend / spectate.

Theres an E-sports cave at The Union.  That's where it should be done.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

I know the polls are public, I see them and I see this is going nowhere, check you later.

That's kinda what my feeling was on this. I do agree that maybe July 4th paired with a hurricane is keeping people out of looking so I left it for the time being. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/4/2024 at 2:44 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I'd do it if we could play this

image.png.75da7120d74bebc46be13362d4e84e3e.png

I got one of those with the Cowboys vs the Saints. I was barely old enough to be aware of the outside world, but I did know to watch some games on TV so I could accurately select real jersey numbers from the stick-on ones that came with the game. It was my luck that Craig Morton got in some serious playing time in the first Cowboys game where I was paying attention. So I chose his number for the little plastic QB instead of Staubach's.

Dad came home and I might as well have been eating dirt and trying to stick beans up my nose.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

I got one of those with the Cowboys vs the Saints. I was barely old enough to be aware of the outside world, but I did know to watch some games on TV so I could accurately select real jersey numbers from the stick-on ones that came with the game. It was my luck that Craig Morton got in some serious playing time in the first Cowboys game where I was paying attention. So I chose his number for the little plastic QB instead of Staubach's.

Dad came home and I might as well have been eating dirt and trying to stick beans up my nose.

I got one for Christmas one year and it was the Cowboys vs. the Chiefs.  Oh the joy of spending 5 minutes lining up the players and adjusting the little "directional plastic teeth" on the players' basees just the way you wanted them to go, only to end up w/ 15 players in a knot around the LOS and a few just randomly wandering off in different, unintended directions. 

Edited by DigglerontheHoof
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I got one for Christmas one year and it was the Cowboys vs. the Chiefs.  Oh the joy of spending 5 minutes lining up the players and adjusting the little "directional plastic teeth" on the players' basees just the way you wanted them to go, only to end up w/ 15 players in a knot around the LOS and a few just randomly wandering off in different, unintended directions. 

This sounds like a Kirk Ferentz origin story.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/3/2024 at 6:15 PM, txhorns said:

Sorry but I can’t.  I don’t want the players getting so depressed from the beat down I would give them that they literally quit football on the spot.

I was neighbors with Greg Brown and Joe Walker back in 98-99, And would regularly mudhole both them and other players who would come by to party. PS1 bitches!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

Is this just gonna be Texas vs Texas in every game?

I got knocked out of Jester East NCAA tournament by Quandre Diggs.  The 3-4 players in the tournament all played as WVU which I understood but it still felt wrong. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HendersonHorns said:

I would also pay to watch a stream on YouTube. But I don’t even have a game system anymore. 10 years ago though…

$200 buy in with a group autographed ball might help?  I dunno if that’s even legal with the group NIL. 

It is, but balls cost money and it takes away from the prize pool for them. 

29 minutes ago, immamac said:

It is, but balls cost money and it takes away from the prize pool for them. 

Excellent point, boss. 

Maybe a Surly Sponsored poster with the guys on it?

“2024 Surlyhorns Sticks Challenge”

Horns sign the poster.  I’d donate for that project.  

is all this too much and I’ll shut up?

7 minutes ago, HendersonHorns said:

Excellent point, boss. 

Maybe a Surly Sponsored poster with the guys on it?

“2024 Surlyhorns Sticks Challenge”

Horns sign the poster.  I’d donate for that project.  

is all this too much and I’ll shut up?

The poster thing is already gonna happen. You get a signed thing from all the players you play for your entry fee + the experience of playing with them and talking shit to them. It's a unique experience well worth the $200 IMO

10 minutes ago, immamac said:

The poster thing is already gonna happen. You get a signed thing from all the players you play for your entry fee + the experience of playing with them and talking shit to them. It's a unique experience well worth the $200 IMO

Cool. That’s the package deal. That’s an awesome prize. 

On 7/11/2024 at 10:46 PM, 40acredropout said:

I got knocked out of Jester East NCAA tournament by Quandre Diggs.  The 3-4 players in the tournament all played as WVU which I understood but it still felt wrong. 

Steve Slaton and Pat White were unreal those years

On 7/16/2024 at 10:13 AM, SubliminalHorn said:

Ok what are we doing? I’m in

32 v 32 seems excessive but still fun

is there a losers bracket too or ?

I’d let my kids talk the smack

• immamac unpinned this topic