A Gentleman in Moscow

Mo Horn

I searched and didn't see a thread. Finished this tonight on paramount+. Really good. I read the book first, but thought they did a really good job on the series. Only 8 episodes. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I thought there was one too. I searched multiple ways and didn't find it. Agree on McGregor. Even though I knew what was going to happen, it still made me nervous to watch. Testament to how well it was done. 

was originally on showtime, i think.  loved the series.  something very pleasing about ewan mcgregors acting, and his wife is fantastic too. the character ewan played was such a good person, uplifting and always positive.

Having high expectations because the book was so damn good, it took a couple episodes for me to start liking it. End the end, really good series. 

As an aside, that's exactly how I pictured his hotel dwelling, really all of it. Probably had to do with Towles great description in the book and less with my "great" imagination. 

Posted (edited)

Really enjoyed this.  But then I get into period pieces, finding it a decent way to learn a little about historic eras.    And the delivery angle of the story was unique.    A win on lots of levels.

Edited by pyrohornIII