Happy 4th of July!

Posted (edited)

Already got 6 hrs of time & a half in the book. Will get 2 more tonight. 4th of July really isn't a time for celebration for me. My girlfriend was murdered.

Edited by RPM
  • Rage+1 4

19 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

For the record,  this is what pasty ass white men put forth as “sport”. No cr lol. 

The only sport today is 

Hot Dog Meatballs GIF

This morning, putting out the big American flag on the industrial holder, while the girls lined our sidewalk with our little American flags before we go to the big parade.  And I decide to blare Metallica's "Eye of the Beholder" right when Hetfield screams:

'Independence limited
Freedom of choice
Choice is made for you, my friend
Freedom of speech
Speech is words that they will bend
Freedom with their exception'

Wife is rolling her eyes at me as per usual, but it's a damn patriotic way to start your Independence Day.  Exact same time, one of my neighbor's putting another type of flag to celebrate America's birthday.  It's an American flag bigger than mine with some goofy shit printed on top of it.  Not exactly up to U.S. flag code, maybe signifying this is the beginning of the end of a 250 year Republic. 

But the whole morning reminded me of this community gathering we'd have just outside Chicago growing up on the 4th.  The Grand Marshal would always kick if off with the National Anthem and say something to the effect of "It our nation's birthday.  And while we have done many things incorrectly and ignored things we should have attended to from our founding to this day, most of us have strived to be better.  To form a more perfect union."  And we'd clap and cheer, put little flags on our dogs, slam hot dogs while our parents chugged beers.  And realized, the people trying to ruin this country's founding principles aren't taking a day off...but we sure as fuck are today.  Happy Birthday you old, mean sumbitch 'Murica.  You're a flawed and checkered country, but you're my home.  And my grandfather told me to always leave things better than you found 'em.  So after I come out of a meat coma tomorrow, I'll be happy to help stand a post.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

IMG_20240704_105613.thumb.jpg.7e5e2c3c464d94163269268c07cd87a1.jpg

I honestly don't know what's more horrifying about your holiday traditions.  Your cursed, decomposing Halloween pumpkins witchcrafting evil spells from your backyard or your anus themed Independence Day fireworks display.  I'm genuinely intrigued to see what you have planned for Thanksgiving this year, some sorta pilgrim-festooned Grouse stabbing a Turkey in a feather-headdress.  Sickie.  

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 hours ago, RPM said:

Already got 6 hrs of time & a half in the book. Will get 2 more tonight. 4th of July really isn't a time for celebration for me. My girlfriend was murdered.

That’s unfortunate. 

Reminds me of my sister in law. Her family doesn’t do much for thanksgiving because that’s the day her dad got busted hard core for cheating on the mom. 

Nothing says U.S.A. more than watching a bunch of guys whose names you can’t pronounce kick around a round ball.

And yes, you should pity the fools sitting on the east side.
76493be4da6df46104e01b7db464f812.jpg
77180c65133ee5367cc9de39f6f5f298.jpg

6 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

The Pom-Pom Girls kept ranks just like Regulars.

21 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I’m a veteran of the bottle rocket and Roman candle wars of the 70s and 80s.

robert duvall GIF

My first thought is that we used to do that to each other, for fun.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2