Shark Attack talk not going away

chainsaw

Posted (edited)

Shark diving is awesome and really not that scary. Sharks don't like bubbles from scuba tanks and they will actively avoid divers. 

Watch the video I posted above from one of my bull dives in Cabo Pulmo. The bulls are curious, that's about it.

Edited by rage-a-holic
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Shut up Lou Holtz said:

I’ve got 150 hours diving with tigers and bulls and to me the SPI video looks like a bull. In my experience bull sharks are fairly hard headed and can require a stronger shove to move them away. Tigers are easier to redirect but more curious. Here’s my shark selfie and another smiling tiger I took back in 2017

d87a8083.jpeg

d87a9845-2.jpeg

Where is this? You look pretty shallow, but dressed for a bit chillier water.

Great pics. 

• Like 1

People who go in the ocean are fools.
That's the sharks house

She’s not wrong. There’s a comedian that does a bit on you trespassing in the sharks house.
IMG_2928.gif.9345788bf6e914aabb4712ec67d4f0f1.gif
Oh, really? what about the sharks in Lake Titty-caca, hmmm?

It’s not full of boobs and poop?

I’ve got 150 hours diving with tigers and bulls and to me the SPI video looks like a bull. In my experience bull sharks are fairly hard headed and can require a stronger shove to move them away. Tigers are easier to redirect but more curious. Here’s my shark selfie and another smiling tiger I took back in 2017
d87a8083.thumb.jpeg.a501a2082f0fc65b705d626ceb1c1ea1.jpeg
d87a9845-2.thumb.jpeg.d00316a3525201aee0a2fc9e7132a6c0.jpeg

Fucking white people shit.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

d87a8083.thumb.jpeg.a501a2082f0fc65b705d626ceb1c1ea1.jpeg
d87a9845-2.thumb.jpeg.d00316a3525201aee0a2fc9e7132a6c0.jpeg

415d21abb576da7a22a7b11145689dab.gif
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, MirrOlure said:

Is this a serious question?

I was responding to this

Stupid people splashing around in the water acting like Bull prey is the main cause of attacks

So no… it was a joke that didn’t land

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I’ve never really been afraid of sharks. Almost all of the bites I’ve seen on adults may leave some gnarly scars, but rarely do they look like they significantly alter the victims quality of life. But having your entire calf muscle removed? That’s some nasty shit, and has me rethinking everything I’ve ever felt about them. 

ETA: I should say I've never really been afraid of sharks near the beach. I'm terrified of getting out of the boat when I'm deep sea.

Edited by SquishMitten

Yeah, that's basically always been my fear. I know I'm way more likely to be swimming next to a potentially dangerous shark at the beach than in open water, but if there happens to be one near me out there, I think it's far more likely to see what I taste like. 

41 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Yeah, that's basically always been my fear. I know I'm way more likely to be swimming next to a potentially dangerous shark at the beach than in open water, but if there happens to be one near me out there, I think it's far more likely to see what I taste like. 

We were fishing off some rigs about 7mi offshore and my brother and I were talking about jumping in the water because of the heat. Then we pulled up a few half fish, had something run with 20lb test that broke the line, and saw a large fish jump almost to the height of the rig. We decided to just deal with the Texas heat.

One thing I will say is that I feel a whole lot safer in scuba gear where I can see a little of my surroundings vs. just swimming or treading water with my head above water.

• Hook 'Em 3

• 3 weeks later...

Cocaine shark doo doo doo  doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo fucking  doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

On 7/8/2024 at 12:25 PM, Bevo said:

One thing I will say is that I feel a whole lot safer in scuba gear where I can see a little of my surroundings vs. just swimming or treading water with my head above water.

This is a especially true when you’re wearing your scuba gear and standing in the living room watching shark week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

This is a especially true when you’re wearing your scuba gear and standing in the living room watching shark week.

Real scuba gear or scuba pajamas?