Bronny James

Derka

8 hours ago, Blotto said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/40516231/lebron-james-says-bronny-shrug-critics-does-not-care

Lulz, does that dipshit Lebron actually think if he tells everyone 41 times that bronny doesnt care about criticism, people will stop tooling on his son getting drafted by the Lebron's as a fucking joke? 

While free agent signee Blake Hinson goes off in 20 minutes of playing time.

I think what will happen is Bronny plays a few games wtih his old man, makes history, fuflills a bucket list for LeBron, then LeBron will hide him in the G-league until Bronny "retires" due to re-complication of his heart and health issues.

No chance LeBron wants his son bieng riducled for being ridiculously outclassed by the last man on the bench of every NBA team and embarrassed. No father wants that for his son.

2 minutes ago, Vegas64 said:

No chance LeBron wants his son being ridiculed for being ridiculously outclassed by the last man on the bench of every NBA team and embarrassed. No father wants that for his son

If this entire fiasco wasn't a Lebron ego trip, his son wouldn't be in that position. Lebron is exactly why his son will get ridiculed. Deservedly. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Someone brought up a good point on the radio: could you imagine if the Lakers had drafted someone else in round 2? Even if they went ahead and signed Bronny as a free agent, that poor dude would have been persona non grata in a very Klutch friendly locker room. LeBron would dedicate a lot of time and effort to proving that whomever they picked instead is an absolute bum.

4 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Someone brought up a good point on the radio: could you imagine if the Lakers had drafted someone else in round 2? Even if they went ahead and signed Bronny as a free agent, that poor dude would have been persona non grata in a very Klutch friendly locker room. LeBron would dedicate a lot of time and effort to proving that whomever they picked instead is an absolute bum.

What the fuck are you talking about. 

Point being: the Lakers absolutely had to draft Bronny. Not just because LeBron wanted them to, but because anyone they picked instead would have had absolutely no chance of contributing because LeBron would never accept them.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Point being: the Lakers absolutely had to draft Bronny. Not just because LeBron wanted them to, but because anyone they picked instead would have had absolutely no chance of contributing because LeBron would never accept them.

Yeah I mean that wasn't your point but whatever. The main point is that no one ever has given a fuck about an NBA draft 2nd round pick.

Who gives a fuck what LeBron does he's 40. 

There's the James' and then there is the Manning's. 

Lebron should have told Bronny, find a place you can likely start and get better in college. now he has set him up for failure and ridicule.

I could be wrong but Bronny seems to be relatively well adjusted so my guess is he knows exactly what is going on and that this is just an ego trip for his dad. He'll play out the string and then dad can get him on some coaching or player development path in the NBA or college.

• Hook 'Em 1

LeBron/Klutch/Lakers had the Bronny swollen knee excuse. They should have worked him out privately the rest of the summer, and shut him down for the summer league. 

Get your photo op in game 1 of the regular season, and send Bronny down to the G League for real development. I believe the Lakers’ G League team shares the facility with the major leaguers so he gets to work out with dad everyday. If they go this way, Bronny leaving early is no big deal. College hoops has limited practice time. He can be a full time basketball player in the G League. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Get your photo op in game 1 of the regular season, and send Bronny down to the G League for real development. I believe the Lakers’ G League team shares the facility with the major leaguers so he gets to work out with dad everyday. If they go this way, Bronny leaving early is no big deal. College hoops has limited practice time. He can be a full time basketball player in the G League. 

He will be at best a middling G League player unless he makes some leaps in a hurry. The talent level and hunger in the G League is no joke - if he's this shitty in summer league games it won't look much better in the G League. 

17 minutes ago, ztejas said:

He will be at best a middling G League player unless he makes some leaps in a hurry. The talent level and hunger in the G League is no joke - if he's this shitty in summer league games it won't look much better in the G League. 

He needs to spend all of his time outside of practice shooting corner threes. Defensively he's not far away from being playable, but he needs to be able to hide in the corner and make threes to play for a real team 

I'm headed to Vegas this weekend for 6 nights of food, pool time, debauchery with the wife, you get the idea.

When we saw the Summer League schedule for Monday included a 7:30 pm game between the Celtics and Lakers, it was an instant buy.  So, tickets in hand, we are going to witness Bronny's performance in person.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Letting this kid take this many shots is fucking ridiculous and honestly against the spirit of the game.

Screenshot_20240712_212602_ESPN.thumb.jpg.0167747af5bb607c2015987f22ca35c1.jpg

It's shitty that he's taking an opportunity or opportunities from* guys that maybe have a legitimate chance and is allowed to sit out there and brick 3s because his dad is a great player. 

Like come the fuck on, man. I get it's summer league and most of these guys will never get more than a cup of coffee but fucking 0 of EIGHT from three? 

I'm not really mad or anything, ultimately, as it shows that LA couldn't be less serious about winning. They got that weird fucking covid title and since then it's just been a parade for LeBron to rack up stats and keep the brand afloat. This is the cherry on top. 

This kid cannot play minutes in the NBA this upcoming season. He'll get run off the floor.

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 4

I watched a lot of it. He looked okay in the 1Q. He has an athletic profile that would spark your interest regardless of his last name. 

But holy shit he’s small as hell (6’2” lol) and they were sending him down to the dunker’s spot on offense which tells me he has zero handle and isn’t an outside threat at all. And that’s what played out the last three quarters as the Rockets C team were thrilled to let him fire away. 

He’ll have to develop into a serious defensive perimeter player (That may happen?) and also put together a corner three threat (loooooooool so far) to even have a chance  LeBron should’ve put his stock in Bryce because he at least has some height 

3 minutes ago, MrX said:

I watched a lot of it. He looked okay in the 1Q. He has an athletic profile that would spark your interest regardless of his last name. 

But holy shit he’s small as hell (6’2” lol) and they were sending him down to the dunker’s spot on offense which tells me he has zero handle and isn’t an outside threat at all. And that’s what played out the last three quarters as the Rockets C team were thrilled to let him fire away. 

He’ll have to develop into a serious defensive perimeter player (That may happen?) and also put together a corner three threat (loooooooool so far) to even have a chance  LeBron should’ve put his stock in Bryce because he at least has some height 

Yeah. I've said it before - he's basically a poorish man's Davion Mitchell. 

We shouldn't be surprised, honestly. Has an elite NBA player ever had a kid wind up as good as him? There are journeyman guys whose kids wound up being great players but I can't think of an all-timer who's had a kid worth a shit. I mean Brent Barry is one of the better examples if not the best. 

Maybe Arvydas and Domanatas is the best father/son duo? But Sabonis Sr. obviously didn't spend his prime in the NBA.

Probably one of those two or Mychal/Klay, Dell/Steph.

• Hook 'Em 1

i wonder if any of his gen z opponents are talking crazy shit to him about his dad, his contract, and how sorry he is, or if that part of the game no longer exists for players his age.

11 hours ago, MrX said:

If he pans out, he’s a Pat Bev type. Needs to be able to knock down corner threes and be able to dribble vs pressure though 

Two NBA teams bothered to scout Bronny, one of which was the Lakers for obvious reasons. That should tell you all you need to know. I doubt Bronny could even hack it in the G-League, but he'll be on the opening day roster or LeBron will threaten to retire and ruin LA's season before it even starts.

9 minutes ago, Chad said:

Two NBA teams bothered to scout Bronny, one of which was the Lakers for obvious reasons. That should tell you all you need to know. I doubt Bronny could even hack it in the G-League, but he'll be on the opening day roster or LeBron will threaten to retire and ruin LA's season before it even starts.

This isn’t true. Klutch only allowed two teams to work him out, a bunch of teams requested it

5 hours ago, Fud said:

This isn’t true. Klutch only allowed two teams to work him out, a bunch of teams requested it

Yep. Rich Paul told teams that if they drafted Bronny, he’d opt for the NBL in Australia. It was always going to be the Lakers. 

7 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I fucking hate that guy. I hope he moves to England with Adele after LeBron retires. 

I think some of the stuff they pull is annoying, but I think he’s an amazing agent