PanAm returns to the skies

RPM

Sort of...

image.png.fd82f68ed1d9babcefb61a6738d9d779.png
Pan Am to make short-lived return in 2025 as travel firm plans nostalgic flights

A US-based travel agency is planning to revive the Pan American (Pan Am) brand for a short nostalgic transatlantic excursion in 2025 using a chartered Boeing 757. The company aims to provide an exclusive experience, recreating the defunct US airline’s classic routes but on an upmarket basis, using the narrow-bodied aircraft fitted with just 50 business class seats. 

Having paid to use the Pan Am brand and logo under license, Centurion Travel has put a multi-city excursion on sale that spans cities on both sides of the Atlantic, running from June 27 until July 9, 2025. Tickets for the two-week odyssey cost $65,500 for a single person traveling on their own. This includes accommodation, travel, and most meals, according to Centurion’s website.   

The trip will start in New York and initially head to Bermuda – a regular stopping point for Pan Am Clippers. From there the tour continues to Lisbon in Portugal followed by a stop in Marseille in France. After that, the trip then takes a short hop to London, a city that always featured heavily in Pan Am’s schedules throughout its lifespan. Indeed, it was London that first received a Pan Am Boeing 747, entering service with the carrier in 1970.    

Lastly, before making its way back to New York, the aircraft continues to Foynes on the west coast of Ireland, a regular stopping point for Pan Am Clipper flying boats once they had crossed the Atlantic from the US back in the day. The luxuriously appointed 757 finally returns to New York on July 9, 2025, bringing the Pan Am revival experience to a close. 

They had such a mystique prior to WWII with their Boeing 314 flying boats. I would have loved flying to an exotic place in one.

They had a near monopoly as the American international carrier into the 60’s.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/7/2024 at 5:10 AM, Dewey said:

Not mentioned is the two hour timeshare sells pitch you have to sit in to qualify for the trip. 

I have a business acquaintance who does the Hawaii time share sales vacation every year and takes pleasure in fucking with the salespeople at the pitch.  He is sick.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

I mean, for that money the stewardesses better be (1) in those Pan Am uniforms, (2) offering me blow jobs in the lav, and (3) answerable to the title "stewardess." 

you mean these?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQiQhGgwBo5aLRfJUo_Jt1

• Drool 1

On 7/7/2024 at 1:38 PM, Texzilla588 said:

They had such a mystique prior to WWII with their Boeing 314 flying boats. I would have loved flying to an exotic place in one.

IMG_5739.thumb.png.4b3c6200726394c7396815829f60097f.png

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/7/2024 at 12:38 PM, Texzilla588 said:

Watch The Aviator. Howard Hughes put a stop to that. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 7/7/2024 at 2:25 PM, Neonmoon said:

My grandfather was a Pam Am pilot for 40 years 

/CSB

Mine too. 1938 to 1980. DC-3 to 747. He was based in Texas in the early years, west coast in the later years. 
The place wasn’t all that big. They almost certainly knew each other or at least crossed paths. 

On 7/9/2024 at 7:12 PM, Your Mom said:

Mine too. 1938 to 1980. DC-3 to 747. He was based in Texas in the early years, west coast in the later years. 
The place wasn’t all that big. They almost certainly knew each other or at least crossed paths. 

Most likely. He flew the Brazil route for his first years, flew transports during WW2, then stationed in NY, then back to Houston for the rest of career. Pretty much same years as yours