Longlegs

15 hours ago, futureman said:

I tell you what, that leading actress makes my pants tight.  She’s very attractive.  Acting chops aren’t bad either.  I had to look her up because I was unfamiliar. 

Watch "It Follows"

• Hook 'Em 1

Spoiler

I really enjoyed the atmosphere of the movie, tons of great shots. Nice add to my Halloween rotation. The supernatural payoff was disappointing though. I thought the murders were going to be some joint effort of a creepy Pacific Northwest backwoods satanic cult. I guess a possessed doll maker is interesting too. For me it was like a blend of Prisoners and The Taking of Deborah Logan. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, CastHorn said:
  Hide contents

I really enjoyed the atmosphere of the movie, tons of great shots. Nice add to my Halloween rotation. The supernatural payoff was disappointing though. I thought the murders were going to be some joint effort of a creepy Pacific Northwest backwoods satanic cult. I guess a possessed doll maker is interesting too. For me it was like a blend of Prisoners and The Taking of Deborah Logan. 

It turned out to be a typical satanic/demonic possession trope. The more we discussed it after watching it, the more I realized it just kinda sucked overall

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/18/2024 at 12:16 PM, SubliminalHorn said:

It turned out to be a typical satanic/demonic possession trope. The more we discussed it after watching it, the more I realized it just kinda sucked overall

Agree. The reveal was lame. 

If you need a character to explain the twist, the story sucked.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

I saw this today and thought it kind of sucks.  Nic Cage was just cheesy and I thought it was slooow.  I probably would have drifted off without a few half assed jump scares.

Nothing really happened until the ending that was just kind of meh for me.

Edited by WBT
  • Hook 'Em 1

Thought it was even better the second time. Loved the atmosphere of the movie - was genuinely creeped out both times and wasn’t ready for it to end. I actually loved Cage’s performance. Was it scary? Not really. Didn’t have to be. Creepy af.

Loved how MM played her character (second viewing it clicked why she is the way she is). Several things I didn’t pick up on the first time. If you were on the fence, I highly recommend doing a little research and rewatching it. I think a lot of viewers were looking for deeper meaning where the movie is actually very literal.

I would typically agree that a flashback is cheating but I think it worked here very well.

Spoiler

How many family murder-suicides would have to happen in your town before you decided it was time to move? 

My town has about 20K population -- I'm thinking I'd be putting the house on the market after #7 or #8 at the latest.   The town would empty out by the time it got to double digits.