Greg abbot pulls a ted Cruz

Posted (edited)

Would just like to thank our glorious leader for fleeing texas during a hurricane.

he announced on the 5th that he was leaving that same day for Korea And Japan.    Note this is after a hurricane was projected to hit somewhere along the texas coast

Meanwhile as the eye barrels though his most populous city he posts about how much fun he is having..

Thanks for being you, asshat 

Edited by FORTY NINE TO ZERO
Words
  • Rage+1 4

I get that prominent political leaders have to travel out of state/out of country for high stakes meetings on behalf of their economies.  But a lot of us have done business with Taiwan, South Korea, and Japan.  Their culture is such that if you are in the head of disaster relief as a massive hurricane barrels down on the most populated part of your state---their culture dictates that they reshuffle agendas to accommodate you. 

I've had business calls with folks there moved around because my child wasn't feeling well, and they were happy to do it.  Pretty sure 2mm without power and under massive flood warnings, this Asian delegation would have gladly said, "We can do it later in the month when the people you lead are safer."  

I mean, at least Ted turned around and came back right away.  Abbott's instagramming a fucking Fodor's update.  

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

why would S Korea even entertain that asshole?

Because, every once in awhile---they need to be reminded of what it's like to have no Seoul.  

(I'll see myself out) 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I don’t see Abbott caring that much if Houston is suffering. And he will sacrifice the red counties to the S and N of Houston. 

Care? If he could get hard, he would be at full mast seeing pictures and video of Houstonians suffering.

• Hook 'Em 1

This isn't even the first time he's done this. During the peak of the "invasion" at the border, when his office was desperately trying to start shit with the feds on a daily basis, he was on a trip to India. Of course that's a tacit admission of either being a gutless coward - running from said invasion - or that the entire thing was manufactured political theater. 

Abbott, Cruz, etc. consistently, openly insult the intelligence of the voters in Texas and are proven right for it, time and time again.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

13 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

It don't make a fuck.  Their voters will never see this and if they do, they won't care.

When reached for comment, both responded “so fucking what? I won’t be punished for this”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Too busy preening for Trump to care about Texas or Texans.  He will still come back and ask for federal disaster assistance money though. 

And send it to certain counties not named Harris

Edited by Nivek
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, mchookem said:

do they though? i mean... they keep electing these jagoffs, I kinda think they do deserve them. *shrugs*

True.

The only thing that saves Texans from Texas is the federal government.

Without it, we’d be fucked and probably would have elected new leadership a long time ago.

So is the conundrum of modern governance I guess….

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Hey, I moved to Spain for a year to get learn better Spanish even though it’s my mother’s native language and the first words I learned were in Spanish.  

Please tell me there is some footage of him at the East Asian hurricane breakout session.  Won’t make a shit in the 2026 Texas elections, but it’ll provide many of us, a lotta laughs.  

3 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Irony is dead

No, it’s not.  You just have to know where to look.  On his way to the discussion of hurricanes in the northern hemisphere which rotate, counter-clockwise.  In which direction was Abbott spinning his political wheels?

Let me learn ya' something, Mr. Engrish.  First of all, I done come back already and it looks like we're all outta Spanish.  

Is there seriously some X-posts counter for how many more posts has made about Trump in the last 24 hours than he's made about Houston/Beryl/CenterPoint?  Seems about 3:1