Agatha All Along - Disney+ MCU show

mdmost

Wandavision is near the top of anything Marvel's done in the last 5 years. It's definitely the best Marvel tv show they've done through Disney+. I'll definitely be tuning in, but it looks to be more of a straight-forward "witch" story instead of the complicated psychological trauma/50's-sitcom parody that they did in Wandavision, which is kind of what made the original show so great in the first place. 

• Hook 'Em 2

This feels like it's going more the horror vibe route and that's fine by me. Werewolf By Night was pretty good. Plus it will get people horny with the thought that Mephisto will make his long awaited appearance. 

On 7/8/2024 at 2:36 PM, irishtexan said:

Wandavision is near the top of anything Marvel's done in the last 5 years. It's definitely the best Marvel tv show they've done through Disney+. I'll definitely be tuning in, but it looks to be more of a straight-forward "witch" story instead of the complicated psychological trauma/50's-sitcom parody that they did in Wandavision, which is kind of what made the original show so great in the first place. 

On 7/8/2024 at 3:25 PM, mdmost said:

This feels like it's going more the horror vibe route and that's fine by me. Werewolf By Night was pretty good. Plus it will get people horny with the thought that Mephisto will make his long awaited appearance. 

from the trailer it actually looks like it may be doing similar for horror/suspense movies that Wandavision did with tv sitcoms. The beginning looks like Mare of Easttown, then there was some scenes that looks like Suspiria

• Hook 'Em 1

So I’ve not heard of either of those movies. I hope there will be a recommended viewing list somewhere. Oldest has started enjoying scary movies and it would be a fun marathon. 

6 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

So I’ve not heard of either of those movies. I hope there will be a recommended viewing list somewhere. Oldest has started enjoying scary movies and it would be a fun marathon. 

Maybe check out Screencrush on YouTube. He does nerdy breakdowns of MCU stuff and there's one for this trailer that I haven't watched. I bet he made the same observation of what movies these come from. The upside down spider walk is an Exorcist reference. Evil Dead will probably play into this. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Disney has lost all benefit of the doubt at this point. Trailer was interesting until the plucky ensemble cast of lovable misfits showed up. I’ll have to hear that this is good and then I’ll wait and binge.

• 5 weeks later...