Sark's Number One! (media days prediction by AL.com)

Bama Llama

1. Steve Sarkisian, Texas

So, what if we’re probably over-rating Texas in everything now that they’re back? Sarkisian’s a coach with significant life experience who has always been interesting in conversation. He’s been to the top, the bottom  and climbed all the way back (if not higher) than where he was as the USC head coach. Sarkisian has an energy and mind that’s building Texas’ roster on the recruiting trail and scheming Xs and Os. Of all 16 of the SEC coaches, he’d be the most intriguing dinner-party guest. Using all those criteria, Sarkisian is No. 1.

Tune in next week to see how poorly this prediction goes.

https://www.al.com/sec/2024/07/sec-coaches-ranked-based-on-how-interesting-theyll-be-at-media-days.html

Some interesting takes but off-season clickbait just the same.

DeBoer #13

Pittman #2

Etc., Etc.

50 minutes ago, Bama Llama said:

So, what if we’re probably over-rating Texas in everything now that they’re back? Sarkisian’s a coach with significant life experience who has always been interesting in conversation. He’s been to the top, the bottom  and climbed all the way back (if not higher) than where he was as the USC head coach. Sarkisian has an energy and mind that’s building Texas’ roster on the recruiting trail and scheming Xs and Os. Of all 16 of the SEC coaches, he’d be the most intriguing dinner-party guest. Using all those criteria, Sarkisian is No. 1.

Tune in next week to see how poorly this prediction goes.

https://www.al.com/sec/2024/07/sec-coaches-ranked-based-on-how-interesting-theyll-be-at-media-days.html

Some interesting takes but off-season clickbait just the same.

DeBoer #13

Pittman #2

Etc., Etc.

Great idea to start this thread. This will keep the long-established Steve Sarkisian thread freed-up from too many posts.  

3 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Great idea to start this thread. This will keep the long-established Steve Sarkisian thread freed-up from too many posts.  

The long-established thread I gave up looking for because it’s 24 topics down the page?  Okay, then you’re right.  

You guys’ll be drawing and quartering Sark in a brand new thread if Texas doesn’t beat Michigan by 20.  I, for one, hope you win by 30 and empty the Big House out before the end of quarter 3.

1 minute ago, Bama Llama said:

The long-established thread I gave up looking for because it’s 24 topics down the page?  Okay, then you’re right.  

Don't worry about it, we understand a Bama education doesn't allow you to count all the way to 25.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Ahh, the Surly provincial stereotyping arrogance is thick and slimy tonight.  You, sir, have stated a conclusion based on an incorrect presumption.  No, in fact I attended the institute on South Main in Houston, Texas, where they taught me how to count to all sorts of big numbers and ehere, in 1970, LBJ and I and about 60,000 Texas Exes and 13,000 Rice faithful witnessed Rice run the opening kickoff back for a touchdown against Steve Wooster and the once mighty Longhorns, the post-1955 high water mark of Owls football until we finally won one in the MLB strike year (91?).  Final score was something like 42-14.  Wooster must have gained 250 yards that night.  You teasip motherfuckers won big but had to come from behind against a school with 3,400 students.  My Rice roommate is a history prof emeritus in Austin now.

Edited by Bama Llama
They didn’t teach me to proofread

10 hours ago, Bama Llama said:

damn right walter white GIF by Breaking Bad

1 hour ago, Bama Llama said:

Ahh, the Surly provincial stereotyping arrogance is thick and slimy tonight.  You, sir, have stated a conclusion based on an incorrect presumption.  No, in fact I attended the institute on South Main in Houston, Texas, where they taught me how to count to all sorts of big numbers and ehere, in 1970, LBJ and I and about 60,000 Texas Exes and 13,000 Rice faithful witnessed Rice run the opening kickoff back for a touchdown against Steve Wooster and the once mighty Longhorns, the post-1955 high water mark of Owls football until we finally won one in the MLB strike year (91?).  Final score was something like 42-14.  Wooster must have gained 250 yards that night.  You teasip motherfuckers won big but had to come from behind against a school with 3,400 students.  My Rice roommate is a history prof emeritus in Austin now.

Interesting fact, the length of this post qualifies it as a novel in Alabama.

16 hours ago, markstanco said:

Why does this matter? Apparently you think Miami and SMU have never won a game.

SMU had 6600 students in 1970.  Miami (FL) was 14000 in 1962. Football teams from both schools won games. In 1970-71 Rice was SWC conference champ in every sport not involving inflated pigskin.  Blue and gray soaring down from the sky! Death from above, if you’re a field mouse.