2024 Volleyball: SEC, here comes Daddy

Js1

Their serve receive was bad (hey I’ve seen that before!), the double libero sub wasn’t working. And you can tell their stud freshman setter hasn’t been on campus long, she needs time to grow that connection with hitters. Lots of service errors for Wisky too

Oh my god, former Horn Pilar Victoria was found dead

TRAGEDY IN TURKEY... Pilar Marie Victoria, a 29-year-old Puerto Rican international goalkeeper who was supposed to play for Turkish Nilüfer Belediyespor this season, has died. A Puerto Rican woman was found dead hours ago in her apartment in Turkey... At this point, it is not known exactly what happened. The prosecutor's office has opened an investigation...

Her younger sister is playing at UCLA this coming season

• Rage+1 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I had no idea she switched from volleyball to soccer. RIP

I think that's a translation error via X  - Nilüfer Belediyespor is a volleyball team

Google Translate:

TRAGEDY IN TURKEY...

29-year-old Pilar Marie Victoria, the representative of the Puerto Rico national team, which was to defend the colors of the Turkish Nilüfer Belediyespor from this season, has died.

A Puerto Rican woman was found dead a few hours ago in her apartment in Turkey...

It is currently unknown what exactly happened. The prosecutor's office initiated an investigation...

Edited by Js1

Early thoughts. 

1) Think Rutherford > Phillips. 

2) Really tough decision between Carlson and Swindle. Carlson is the better setter but you sacrifice size for the block. Crazy to think Swindle might not win this job. 

3) MB will be a work in progress. Definitely not going to get the same offensive production as O'Neal early in the season until Ames gets some experience. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 1