MLB All Star 2024

Derka

2 hours ago, gofuckyourself said:

Please mark your ears safe from the national anthem. Your family is worried.

I think it was actually worse in person.  It was so bad that no one around me noticed that she didn't know all of the words.

21 minutes ago, TexasGary said:

I think it was actually worse in person.  It was so bad that no one around me noticed that she didn't know all of the words.

It was up there with Fergie. Holy shit it was bad in person.

8 hours ago, Henry Hill said:

I don’t think anyone can top Roseanne. That’s a mighty low bar.

ISWYDT? Low Barr?

But this gal was "4 time Grammy winning" something or other. Roseanne was picked by her boss (Tim Werner, Roseanne show creator and Padres part-owner) as part of a "Working Woman's" night and she was the most famous "working woman" via her TV show.

But no one in their right mind would have chosen Roseanne to sing a national anthem or expect her to be good at it based on being a stand-up comedian.

This one last night takes the cake of the one's I've heard.

• Hook 'Em 2

Weird that Glasnow was the only other Dodger on the field last night supporting Uncle Oscar.

I guess Freeman, Ohtani and Will Smith are too cool for home run derbies and also October baseball. Billion dollar team that will be going home in the first round

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

Weird that Glasnow was the only other Dodger on the field last night supporting Uncle Oscar.

I guess Freeman, Ohtani and Will Smith are too cool for home run derbies and also October baseball. Billion dollar team that will be going home in the first round

Ohtani was there. They showed a shot of him with Hernandez after the first round or during a time out or something.

How bout cmonman

I hate the dodgers with the rest of them but this is helo level no fact checking. Will Smith was down there with his like 2 yr old daughter...sorry he didn't run over like the wack ass Phillies players during every time out

INT. - DRESSING ROOM AT GLOBAL LIFE FIELD

We see INGRID ANDRESS, laying down and despondent on a couch. in the background we hear the roars from the crowd as the All-Star game begins. Her mother and father sit solemnly at a side table, picking at a catered veggie plate. Ingrid's agent, RICK, is sunk in a love seat as he bites his nails and scrolls through his phone. No one has uttered a word for 10 minutes. Ingrid's mom gets up from the table and musses with her hair in the mirror.  She pauses. 

INGRID'S MOM

What if we say she was drunk? 

CUT TO BLACK 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I call bullshit. Alcohol makes me a better singer, and how most people approach karaoke. lol

She is a "professional singer", it's weird to think booze could make her forget she is a singer and suddenly sing like an asshole on live TV.

• Haha 2

I call bullshit. Alcohol makes me a better singer, and how most people approach karaoke. lol
She is a "professional singer", it's weird to think booze could make her forget she is a singer and suddenly sing like an asshole on live TV.
Absolutely. Plenty of people do whole concerts while on something. Drunk people doing karaoke sound better than that. Her PR team had to spin this somehow for the sympathy card to deflect from probably the worst ever national anthems ever. And it worked. Many are now saying how brave she is to own up to this and wish her the best.
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Yeah i think she was more high than drunk. But she was something.

Drugs. She was on drugs. Probably benzodiazepines and maybe mixed in some kind of narcotic. Maybe drunk if bac was approaching 0.3.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

CoJo gotta feel pretty comfortable after last night’s performance.  

He can hit iron off the tee and get a standing O.  

I'm kind of proud of myself for not having the slightest idea who Cody Johnson is.