Donald Trump Assassination Attempt

immamac

1 minute ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

I’m really worried things are about to get bad.  This is a disaster

Or it could cause some people to step back and realize that the atmosphere is getting too crazy.

We don’t know who it is yet, but my first thought (ironically a MAGA relative told me) was one of the Qanon idiots who have really tuned on him because some of the crazier ones feel like he’s betrayed them and made them a laughingstock (they don’t get that they did it to themselves). Just a theory but those people who still cling to it are fucking nuts   

Whole thing is weird, not sure why he was raised up on the stage like he was.  I don’t buy the BB gun breaking the teleprompter and the glass hitting him, but internet gonna internet.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, immamac said:

This is the thread for all discussion around this event. 

There are rules for this community including not wishing death on anyone. 

Anyone posting anything encouraging assassination attempts in the United States will be banned. 

Anyone posting blatant and disprovable information will be banned. 

Discussion is permitted and speculation into what the ramifications is allowed. Unfortunately it is not possible to divorce the possibility of death in an assassination attempt, but please keep discussion to theoretical situations including political candidate death to a responsible minimum. This topic will be heavily moderated.

The stance of the site is that political violence has no place in American politics. 

Well said. Thank you for being the adult in the room. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

We will learn about the shooter soon enough.   1 thing is almost certain, it was someone who should’ve have never had access to a gun. 

I'm not sure that's what Trump would've wanted

• Hook 'Em 2

I'm not sure what to make of the SS allowing trump to stand back up and put his fist up in the air after a botched assassination attempt. Doesn't add up to me, I'm very curious to get more verified reporting in on this whole thing. 

Wild to be bottle feeding an infant and hear that trump got shot but didn't die. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)

Politics aside, can anybody with some modicum of expertise speak to:

-Was that a suppressor or just a high-powered pellet gun?  The audio is for shit

-What caliber/weapon do you think it was if not a pellet gun?  

-Why did the Secret Service do that prop-up move with him?  They either smother the asset with their bodies and/or move it behind a barricade of some sort (podium/car/wall/bleacher)?  That was just fucking weird to hoist him up like "hey, here's this guy!  We still don't have the shooter detained, but check out this shit!"   That's weird even by low-level FBI shit.  

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Or it could cause some people to step back and realize that the atmosphere is getting too crazy.

We don’t know who it is yet, but my first thought (ironically a MAGA relative told me) was one of the Qanon idiots who have really tuned on him because some of the crazier ones feel like he’s betrayed them and made them a laughingstock (they don’t get that they did it to themselves). Just a theory but those people who still cling to it are fucking nuts   

Whole thing is weird, not sure why he was raised up on the stage like he was.  I don’t buy the BB gun breaking the teleprompter and the glass hitting him, but internet gonna internet.  

So, you really have no idea but feel good about making shit up?  

• Haha 1

Just now, Captainant said:

I'm not sure what to make of the SS allowing trump to stand back up and put his fist up in the air after a botched assassination attempt. Doesn't add up to me, I'm very curious to get more verified reporting in on this whole thing. 

Wild to be bottle feeding an infant and hear that trump got shot but didn't die. 

Definitely a failure by the SS since the distance they showed on ABC from where the shooter was thought to be and where Trump was should've been picked up by the agents and police in the area. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

We will learn about the shooter soon enough.   1 thing is almost certain, it was someone who should’ve have never had access to a gun. 

Everyone should have access too eleventy guns 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump mobilized a violent mob to overthrow the government after he lost an election.  Everything that happens to him after should be viewed through this lens. 

Political violence is completely unacceptable. 

But, sadly, very much a part of the American fabric.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Definitely a failure by the SS since the distance they showed on ABC from where the shooter was thought to be and where Trump was should've been picked up by the agents and police in the area. 

It just doesn't fit at all with my mental model of the SS or trump - a supposedly tactically competent bodyguards failing to protect a famous coward, who stands back up to face an unseen sniper? Wtf is going on?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Just now, blacklab said:

there's a board to discuss moderation, this thread is not the place

I responded directly to what was posted in this thread and asked a question pertaining to this thread. 
If wishing death on anyone is not allowed on this site, then we have a lot of threads and board to lock up. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Captainant said:

It just doesn't fit at all with my mental model of the SS or trump - a supposedly tactically competent bodyguards failing to protect a famous coward, who stands back up to face an unseen sniper? Wtf is going on?

I mean it's not always going to be like the movies. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)

Lester Holt just said the shooter was firing from outside the perimeter in an elevated position. How the hell could that have happened? What is the secret service doing?

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

DA of Butler Co says one bystander is dead, a 2nd is critical condition. Doesn't know if the shooter was a male or female. Shooter was the roof of a building adjacent to the venue. 

Edited by mdmost

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Watch this first

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

I mean it's not always going to be like the movies. 

No, I mean this was exactly LIKE the movies which is why I am eager to get more verified reporting on it 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Lester Holt just said the shooter was firing from outside the perimeter in an elevated position. How the hell could that have happened? What is the secret service doing?

Edit: sorry, just missed it and can't delete embedded video

Edited by KYHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Cocaine would be my guess.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

100% this.

I'm still processing it, as we all are, but anybody celebrating this is an idiot and an asshole.  Somebody just took a shot at a former president.

Clarifying.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

No, I mean this was exactly LIKE the movies which is why I am eager to get more verified reporting on it 

Yea, the stand him up, not have a body between him and the crowd, allow the time for the fist pump was odd.  I'm in no way submitting what any of that means at this point as it could run the absolute gamut of possibilities and the general rule is never ascribe to conspiracy that which can simply be ascribed to stupidity.  But it was definitely odd.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1