Donald Trump Assassination Attempt

immamac

2 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Guy outside the rally that says he encountered the shooter and he basically alleges the SS was in on it.  Who knows what is real.

That BBC reporter looks ROUGH

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Is someone actually dead?  My first thought was it’s a work. 

MIL is ninety, and still sharp, and that was her immediate reaction.

But, at least one dead. Also, the shooter is dead.

8 minutes ago, staboner said:

this is so on point for the Sim. Next up is the grandstanding on how violence is how the left will intimidate you, steal your vote, and will kill you if Biden wins. I am just curious about good the acting comes off.

I'm out. my brain can't take this soap opera of stupidity. Ya'll homies fight the good fight, whatever that looks like. 

The real silly shit is just about to begin. 

11 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Did Kennedy or Reagan mock political opponents for getting beat with a hammer? Did they say if they didn’t get elected, the country will cease to exist?

maybe think before posting 

I am.

I’m saying they were shot as well.  And they didn’t use the rhetoric that Trump does.

It’s the world silly.

5 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

So how does it work?  By reports (which I realize can change) suspected shooter is on roof 150ish yards away that isn't being covered with boots on the ground and within a matter of seconds he is taken down?  So does SS have snipers covering said roof and if so wouldn't they have seen somebody up there before shots get fired?  If no snipers and no boots on ground on roof how does somebody get taken down that fast?  

According to the one interview above, people were pointing out the shooter for over a minute to LEO and SS Snipers. So that probably had glass on position trying to access the threat. That is a failure. Also, not sure how much extra SS coverage Trump is getting. I believe that comes from the current Executive Branch.

16 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

It does beg some questions.

Either this is a legit assassination attempt, or it's something bizarre and in a weird way maybe even worse.

This feels like a bad turning point.

Like, what if the shooter is Russian, etc.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, JohnnyRage said:

According to the one interview above, people were pointing out the shooter for over a minute to LEO and SS Snipers. So that probably had glass on position trying to access the threat. That is a failure. Also, not sure how much extra SS coverage Trump is getting. I believe that comes from the current Executive Branch.

Coverage is also provided by local law enforcement.   Trump has a habit of stiffing towns on the costs of his rallies. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

MIL is ninety, and still sharp, and that was her immediate reaction.

But, at least one dead. Also, the shooter is dead.

While I’m willing to believe that the gqp would be willing to sacrifice a few radical volunteers or unknowing poor bastards to further their evil agenda, I’m not willing to accuse them of it at this time. 

i would like to hear how an elevated position 150 yards away was uncovered, and I guess the guy was going for a head shot because how do you miss a trump sized target from that distance. 

It also would be real dumb to have anyone shoot a live round near him for effect. 

I guess Occam’s razor, there was idiocy afoot. 

29 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

100% this.

I'm still processing it, as we all are, but anybody celebrating this is an idiot and an asshole.  Somebody just took a shot at a former president.

Yep, unless you are team Civil War, you don’t want to see this and the escalation that follows.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Yep, unless you are team Civil War, you don’t want to see this and the escalation that follows.

I'm pretty sure one side wants this more than anything in the world,  though

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

Could have been a fragment after it hit whatever directly.  If he’s not just making shit up. 

To me it just doesn’t matter that much but I would like to know for certain.

Regarding the tin foil:

- Trump would not be part of this.  Nobody is going to go William Tell's target assuming just a nick on the ear (worst case).

- the shooter would not be a sacrificial part of this, unless 72 virgins were promised

In short, "false flag" feels absurd.  It seems to me that this is incompetence on the part of the Secret Service and local LEO, nothing more, nothing less.

“Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence” 

I

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

The fact that we will all get to listen to folks like Trump, MTG, and Ted Cruz complain about the toxic political climate over the next few days is enough to drive a man insane.

MAGA: Political violence is not the answer!

... but what about Jan 6?

3b72c8a2-e402-4c27-bad4-f6781aaa4c1d_text.gif.b4c9756c6a70f15372efece178796725.gif

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

I am.

I’m saying they were shot as well.  And they didn’t use the rhetoric that Trump does.

It’s the world silly.

I understood what you meant. Your comparison was silly. Suggesting they are similar is silly. Hence my reply. 

What is more likely? The shooter was trying to impress Jodie Foster, or an immature narcissist, or maybe, just maybe, the shooter actually believes Trump is a threat to Democracy?  My point is there are conspiracy theories about why Oswald shot Kennedy or Hinckey shot Reagan because there wasn’t an obvious reason. 

Is anyone having trouble coming up with a motive of why someone would try to assassinate Trump? Everyone knows why 

Edited by Neonmoon
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

We are already here. Why do yall still pretend like we haven’t been here for 8 fucking years. Donald encouraged his supporters to shoot Hilary, he lead a violent deathly coup on the Capitol. 

I've been banging the drum that weve been on that path since Jan6 and the prevailing opinion was always that the opinion was alarmist. 

We've been on the street fighting phase of the descent into fascism for a while, and now that the ante has been raised I won't be surprised to see draconian measures put in place by a potential future trump child rapist presidency 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Regarding the tin foil:

- Trump would not be part of this.  Nobody is going to go William Tell's target assuming just a nick on the ear (worst case).

- the shooter would not be a sacrificial part of this, unless 72 virgins were promised

In short, "false flag" feels absurd.  It seems to me that this is incompetence on the part of the Secret Service and local LEO, nothing more, nothing less.

I

I was thinking hanlon’s as well as Occam’s 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Regarding the tin foil:

I

Fake fake fake

• Hook 'Em 2

33 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

This is one of those moments in American history where you know things have changed forever but just don't know what exactly has changed. God help us. 

Trump probably had to change his underwear.