Donald Trump Assassination Attempt

immamac

8 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

So ppl on X saying it may have to do with Trump removing the national abortion ban language from party platform in recent days. But that would make it someone further right? Than him? I’m still looking at the video they keep showing on tv and it does look like someone else has that same shirt on if that shirt is connected. 

This would be delicious irony. Please let this be true.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

029d64c33b3fa32f9e121f3a59bb881b.jpg

How would you characterize God’s disposition toward the innocent bystander who had his brains blown out by a bullet ostensibly intended for Trump?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

You would like me to go back in time and screencap online headlines from news orgs?  Like I said above, I'm completely fine with them contributing to the division.   

Didn’t you... just... do that? 

2 minutes ago, Satchel said:

How would you characterize God’s disposition toward the innocent bystander who had his brains blown out by a bullet ostensibly intended for Trump?

Republican Jesus : was it a non white ?

Probably a good time to brush up on right wing Accelrationism. 

Right-accelerationism envisions dystopian outcome. It advocates for pushing the dynamics of capitalism and technological advancement to their extremes, often with the expectation that this will lead to societal collapse and the emergence of a new authoritarian order.

Key Philosophical Influences

Friedrich Nietzsche—The right-accelerationist vision is influenced by Nietzsche's concept of the "will to power" and his critique of modernity. This strand often embraces a nihilistic perspective on the current socio-political order.

Nick Land—A central figure in right-accelerationism, Land's writings, particularly his concept of "hyperstition" (self-fulfilling prophecies), advocate for the acceleration of capitalism as an autonomous, self-driving force that will ultimately transcend human control.

Ideological Goals

Ethnonationalism and Authoritarianism—Right-accelerationists often envision a future where the collapse of current systems gives rise to a new order based on ethnonationalism and authoritarian governance.

Technological Pessimism—While they advocate for the acceleration of technology, it is often with the belief that this will lead to the breakdown of existing social orders and the rise of a more "natural" hierarchical society.

Social Darwinism—There is an implicit or explicit embrace of Social Darwinist ideas, where the acceleration of capitalism is seen as a way to bring about a "survival of the fittest" scenario.

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, seven said:

Didn’t you... just... do that? 

No. I was speaking to tweets that others gathered and posted - some by staunch pubs (Clay Travis) and others by liberals (Portnoy).  My news source is surly.    

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

22 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

2016: FUCK YOUR FEELINGS
2017: YOU LOST GET OVER IT
2018: DRINKING UR LIBERAL TEARS
2019: FOUR MORE YEARS BITCHES
2020: STOP THE COUNT
2021: WATER THE TREE OF LIBERTY
2022: BURN GROOMER BOOKS! 
2023: WHERE’S NANCY? WHERE’S NANCY?
2024: I am horrified by political violence !

This isn’t getting enough love honestly. It’s kinda brilliant but works as a mix tape, episodes of Sex and the City, or quite literally on some of them 25 years worth of UT football. 

I still wrap my ahead around daily loving and watching the Apprentice mainly bc TWOP (Television without pity) had amazing comedians that would recap that show so for me I had to watch it to then read the recaps. 

sorry I’m jacked up on caffeine and since I don’t drink anymore and all this has made me really anxious I’m going to be the only one up at some point. I really do hope and pray (laugh all everyone wants) this will be a turning point towards more civility in politics but I know that’s beyond far fetched. I just want that. Most of us aren’t all that dissimilar. I don’t hate people I disagree with. I don’t wish violence on them as violence only breeds more violence.

i would assume Melania and Baron want no part of this campaign. It’s a good time for her to walk if ever there was one. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, C-Man said:

This would be delicious irony. Please let this be true.

What other reason would someone further to the right, if true, do this? Outside of being mentally ill? And it can be both. I was seeing the platform they are putting out and nothing is set in stone save the changing the national abortion language from 1984 I think. It’s been asked for a federal ban since then. And Trump didn’t want that. My understanding is that the Susan B Anthony lady Marjorie something was told it’s not her party. I can’t think of another reason outside of that of someone further to the righ? I mean we are also talking about. 20 year old who had to know he’d get taken out. But if the logo fits on the shirt those types don’t like Trump and I assume is the reason. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

No. I was speaking to tweets that others gathered and posted - some by staunch pubs (Clay Travis) and others by liberals (Portnoy).  My news source is surly.    

So you have no idea if CNN is an outlier here and are relying on the journalistic integrity of Dave portnoy? 

As a sidenote, I intentionally ignore douche portnoy but hasn't he been a pretty vocal trump supporter? I don't know that I've ever seen anyone refer to him as a liberal. Maybe I'm wrong. 

Edited by seven
Spelling
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
Just now, seven said:

So you have no idea if CNN is an outlier here and are relying on the journalist integrity of Dave portnoy? 

As a sidenote, I intentionally ignore douche portnoy but hasn't he been a pretty vocal trump supporter? I don't know that I've ever seen anyone refer to him as a liberal. Maybe I'm wrong. 

Dunno.  Seems like a douchy cunt so I guess I'm guilty of making an assumption.  

eta:  Make sense of this guys politics. 

Politics[edit]

Portnoy identifies as "socially liberal" and "fiscally conservative."[20] Portnoy opposed COVID-19 lockdowns saying "When did this become...'flatten the curve' to 'we have to find a cure or everyone's going to die?'"[21]

In a 2015 blog post, Portnoy said "I am voting for Donald Trump. I don't care if he's a joke. I don't care if he's racist. I don't care if he's sexist. I don't care about any of it. I hope he stays in the race and I hope he wins. Why? Because I love the fact that he is making other politicians squirm. I love the fact he says shit nobody else will say, regardless of how ridiculous it is."[21] In 2020 Portnoy interviewed Trump at The White House. However, in 2022, he said it is "dangerous" to vote for Republicans because they will appoint Justices who are too conservative to the Supreme Court.[20]

Portnoy criticized the 2022 Dobbs v. Jackson decision by the Supreme Court, which overturned Roe v. Wade.[20] Portnoy said: "To me, this is just pure insanity, pure insanity. We are going backwards in time. We are literally going backwards in time! It makes no sense how anybody thinks it's their right to tell a woman what to do with her body."

Edited by fattyflattie

Posted (edited)

He may have felt betrayed that Trump forced the GOP to get more moderate on abortion, or at least look like they're more moderate.  For the pro life extremists, that's like condoning mass murder for the purposes of winning an election.  He's probably the type that thinks bombing abortion clinics is justified. 

Edited by RabidM
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

This isn’t getting enough love honestly. It’s kinda brilliant but works as a mix tape, episodes of Sex and the City, or quite literally on some of them 25 years worth of UT football. 

I still wrap my ahead around daily loving and watching the Apprentice mainly bc TWOP (Television without pity) had amazing comedians that would recap that show so for me I had to watch it to then read the recaps. 

sorry I’m jacked up on caffeine and since I don’t drink anymore and all this has made me really anxious I’m going to be the only one up at some point. I really do hope and pray (laugh all everyone wants) this will be a turning point towards more civility in politics but I know that’s beyond far fetched. I just want that. Most of us aren’t all that dissimilar. I don’t hate people I disagree with. I don’t wish violence on them as violence only breeds more violence.

i would assume Melania and Baron want no part of this campaign. It’s a good time for her to walk if ever there was one. 

omg i LOVED TWoP!! i've never known anybody else that knew it 😆

• Hook 'Em 1

Also listening to RFK Jr on MSNBC tonite made me incredibly sad. He would be a somewhat viable candidate if not for that strangling of the voice. Which sucks. And that had to give him some level of genuine fear and sadness today. Listening to him broke my heart (and ears.)

• Fuck You 2

4 minutes ago, seven said:

So you have no idea if CNN is an outlier here and are relying on the journalistic integrity of Dave portnoy? 

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Dunno.  Seems like a douchy cunt so I guess I'm guilty of making an assumption.  

Portnoy has been vocally Republican for years and years and is an avid Trump supporter. 

Just now, mchookem said:

omg i LOVED TWoP!! i've never known anybody else that knew it 😆

The guy who did The Apprentice (Shack) he was recapping the apprentice when my dad died and I wrote him and told him how much his stuff meant to me. He just came out of the closet and was all freaked out he wasn’t funny with the recaps and I printed out his email he sent me. He dedicated one of the best recaps he did to me. I love him. 

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Also listening to RFK Jr on MSNBC tonite made me incredibly sad. He would be a somewhat viable candidate if not for that strangling of the voice. Which sucks. And that had to give him some level of genuine fear and sadness today. Listening to him broke my heart (and ears.)

That dude is nuttier than a fruitcake. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

Just now, seven said:

No he wouldn't. The guy is fucking crazy, the only thing he has is a name. 

To be fair that family has been through it. It’s his voice. And well he did come out and say something about a worm eating his brain and that pretty much fucked what was left of it for him, 

39 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

2016: FUCK YOUR FEELINGS
2017: YOU LOST GET OVER IT
2018: DRINKING UR LIBERAL TEARS
2019: FOUR MORE YEARS BITCHES
2020: STOP THE COUNT
2021: WATER THE TREE OF LIBERTY
2022: BURN GROOMER BOOKS! 
2023: WHERE’S NANCY? WHERE’S NANCY?
2024: I am horrified by political violence !

This is so good. Can we add this.

The Jan. 6 select committee has heard testimony indicating that then-President Donald Trump — after rioters who swarmed the Capitol began chanting “hang Mike Pence” — expressed support for hanging his vice president, according to three people familiar with the matter. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Nicole44 said:

To be fair that family has been through it. It’s his voice. And well he did come out and say something about a worm eating his brain and that pretty much fucked what was left of it for him, 

That and the anti-vax lunacy.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Just now, Helobious said:

Portnoy has been vocally Republican for years and years and is an avid Trump supporter. 

He's pro-abortion and thinks voting for Republicans is "dangerous" because of conservative justices.  Not sure I'd call that a vocal Republican but your track record on these things is no less than stellar, so.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

The guy who did The Apprentice (Shack) he was recapping the apprentice when my dad died and I wrote him and told him how much his stuff meant to me. He just came out of the closet and was all freaked out he wasn’t funny with the recaps and I printed out his email he sent me. He dedicated one of the best recaps he did to me. I love him. 

Shack used to do some American Idol recaps too, hysterical. my favorite was Miss Allie who did The Amazing Race recaps. i was so sad when the website died, the recaps were usually better than the shows!

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

He's pro-abortion and thinks voting for Republicans is "dangerous" because of conservative justices.  Not sure I'd call that a vocal Republican but your track record on these things is no less than stellar, so.

Lots of Republicans are pro-abortion. In fact, I would bet most are.

Edited by David Dennison
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Wasn’t Barron front and center at an event the other night? He’s pot committed even if mommy’s not.

10 minutes ago, RabidM said:

He may have felt betrayed that Trump forced the GOP to get more moderate on abortion, or at least look like they're more moderate.  For the pro life extremists, that's like condoning mass murder for the purposes of winning an election.  He's probably the type that thinks bombing abortion clinics is a legitimate exercise. 

Trump didn’t force shit. GOP figured out they needed to lie until they can win the White House again 

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

That definitely could be true.  The evangelical thing is overblown, imo. 

the only reason evangelicals are against abortion is it cuts down on the number of kids that they can groom and rape !

Just now, David Dennison said:

Are you implying Republican politicians pander to the religious right in a cynical attempt to get votes?

No way!

Heartbreaking, but true.  Politicians pandering to groups to gain power, fame, and money.   Crazy huh. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, mchookem said:

Shack used to do some American Idol recaps too, hysterical. my favorite was Miss Allie who did The Amazing Race recaps. i was so sad when the website died, the recaps were usually better than the shows!

There was one he did on AI where they used to make them split up in these impromptu groups and he was like “Jesus and his apostles were not vibing”

the apprentice one he dedicated to me was the one where some guy Marcus was fired. In it Trump tells the virgin contestant guy he almost fires that sex has gotten him (Trump) in a lot of trouble and then he fires the Marcus guy. The archives are still up on the internet of it. Marcus was the only person he ever fired that made sense. It was like I don’t like you. I will never work with you. Damn no more caffeine for me. 

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Lots of Republicans are pro-abortion. In fact, I would bet most are.

I agree that most republicans are most likely pro abortion up to first term ( or anytime during the pregnancy if the mother is at risk of death ). However, the GOP platform right now is almost fully pro-life and they don't want any fetus terminated after conception. There's a disconnect in reproduction rights support now between GOP party leaders and the republican voters which is why the democrats have told Biden to press the issue in debates and rallies. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Wasn’t Barron front and center at an event the other night? He’s pot committed even if mommy’s not.

Baron is probably the one I feel protective of for some reason. I have people I love on the spectrum. I’m probably on the spectrum. I think that kid is. I mean he’s not really in this. I guess. The event the other day was his first event I think. This will make Melania who seems to care for him if nothing else check out of everything else I would think. Just speciation and conjecture on my part. 

I do think if there is a “political reason” for this outside of other factors it fits with that logo that I posted earlier on the shirt. 

21 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Stand up, and admit you think he’s hot and not totally murderable.

• Haha 1