Donald Trump Assassination Attempt

immamac

27 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

So it’s how you vote in a primary?  I’ve voted in plenty of Democrat primaries so I could have a say in local elections where there is no Republican opponent which is almost always the case in south Texas.  Guess that makes me a Democrat. 

Texas has an open primary system. Anyone can vote in either party’s primary. There are other states that have closed primary systems, in which you have to register as a member of a party when you register to vote, in order to vote in that party’s primary.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Grande Mart said:

Texas has an open primary system. Anyone can vote in either party’s primary. There are other states that have closed primary systems, in which you have to register as a member of a party when you register to vote, in order to vote in that party’s primary.

Ah….thanks for the explanation. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Captainant said:

On topic: sky news has a helicopter shot of the roof and the ladder the shooter BROUGHT WITH HIM TO GET UP THE ROOF

wab6enb9wgcd1.png?width=1448&format=png&

He fucking hid the ladder behind a tree and nobody spotted him? Fuckin keystone cops shit. As always, Simpsons did it first

3t80s42qwgcd1.jpeg?width=642&format=pjpg

This is amazing. So guy drove a ladder over there, climbed up on top of a large open roof, long gun strapped to his back, took an elevated shooting position less than 200 yards out, and nobody at the SS or with a badge fucking noticed. Proceeded to put multiple shots down range and “on” target. Heads should roll. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

So it’s how you vote in a primary?  I’ve voted in plenty of Democrat primaries so I could have a say in local elections where there is no Republican opponent which is almost always the case in south Texas.  Guess that makes me a Democrat. 

I’m going to assume this is a good-faith query, which may be a mistake.   It here goes.

Texas has an open primary, which means that you can just show up to the primary and vote in whichever party’s primary you choose that day. You don’t “register” as a D or R in Texas.

Other states have closed primaries, which means you have to register ahead of time as a D or R to participate.  I assume Pennsylvania is one of those states, based on the media’s description of the guy as a “registered” Republican. But I don’t know.

15 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Im pretty sure their hiring arm doesn't have a lot to do with their active protection tactical teams. DEI is not why trump got shot at, as ironically funny as that would be, were it the case

It makes sense that they would want to recruit disabled agents, since their protectees are mentally disabled. I mean, you want an agent who can understand the protected, right?

Edited by Ghost of LL
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

It was a monumental fuckup.  I wonder if at least some of the cops thought he was a SS sniper.  How there were no agents posted on top of that building is going to get several people "re-assigned" to chasing down counterfeiters in the middle of nowhere.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Anastasis said:

This is amazing. So guy drove a ladder over there, climbed up on top of a large open roof, long gun strapped to his back, took an elevated shooting position less than 200 yards out, and nobody at the SS or with a badge fucking noticed. Proceeded to put multiple shots down range and “on” target. Heads should roll. 

For real, like that shit wouldn't work on deer lol, even at 150yds. Secret service fucked up so badly I am struggling to believe things at face value

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, SurlyGator said:

Yeah, this doesn't look good for the Secret Service...

13 hours ago, Red Five said:

They immediately shot and killed the guy, who was shooting from a roof 150 yards away? Impressive if true. 

13 hours ago, A-Tex Devil said:

The false flag shit doesn’t make any sense.  Biden administration will be investigating it.   His SS and local police was just inept.  Speaks to the SS members that are on his detail. 

13 hours ago, McCroskey said:

This overhead helicopter or drone camera showing the entire scene shows just how badly the secret service fucked up.

Just watched George S interview a former SS officer. 

I’d tap the brakes on putting this on SS. He made some strong points on how different the rules of engagement are for a campaign rally for a FORMER president in that sort of event from any event for a sitting president. 

I’m not saying there isn’t some serious investigation that needs to occur. If authorities were notified that the shooter had a gun then there seems to have been a breakdown in communication. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Secret service fucked up so badly I am struggling to believe things at face value

It’s a level of absurdity that I find it hard to accept. But these are the guys running prostitutes while stationed abroad, so not the sharpest tools. 

• Rage+1 1

Just now, kevwun said:

They didn't cover the most likely location for a shooter.  There's no way to explain that fact away.

This. It’s not a breakdown in communication. It’s absurd level of incompetence. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Because it’s such an epic failure, you’re going to have people wonder if secret service agents were motivated or that this was an inside job. To be clear that’s not MY opinion, but I can see why people would think that. Unfortunately those people just don’t understand how incompetent federal workers are.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

I’d tap the brakes on putting this on SS. He made some strong points on how different the rules of engagement are for a campaign rally for a FORMER president in that sort of event from any event for a sitting president. 

I’m not saying there isn’t some serious investigation that needs to occur. If authorities were notified that the shooter had a gun then there seems to have been a breakdown in communication. 

Looking on Google maps, the shooter was on the building closest to trump. In the middle of a fucking field. 

a8l7mkeepgcd1.png?width=1080&format=pjpg

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills, how does that not get fucking covered by SS?

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Didn't see the interview, but sounds like someone just covering for his former employer. Foot should still be firmly on the accelerator. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On topic: sky news has a helicopter shot of the roof and the ladder the shooter BROUGHT WITH HIM TO GET UP THE ROOF
wab6enb9wgcd1.png?width=1448&format=png&auto=webp&s=23ee3853cd0e2394cce1cfad4df6199983d8f41a
He fucking hid the ladder behind a tree and nobody spotted him? Fuckin keystone cops shit. As always, Simpsons did it first
3t80s42qwgcd1.jpeg?width=642&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=9a1b60ba9149f4e58b78f406ed2f35addf57e097

giphy.gif

Can’t script any of this.

24 hrs ago all of us would say this rooftop would/should have a SS agents or snipers on it. Not an armed assassin.

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Looking on Google maps, the shooter was on the building closest to trump. In the middle of a fucking field. 

a8l7mkeepgcd1.png?width=1080&format=pjpg

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills, how does that not get fucking covered by SS?

I see three buildings closer. 

• Haha 2

Yeah.  If the shooter had any type of training it would be a different story today.  8 shots from 130 yards and missing is absurd.  With modern optics and getting the gun sighted in.  It's an easy shot.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, kevwun said:

They didn't cover the most likely location for a shooter.  There's no way to explain that fact away.

I mean, seriously.  The first thing I thought when I saw the overhead map on tv last night was: that's where a shooter would want to be, right there.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

I do wonder what the detail is like for former Presidents. Do they have the same resources for full advanced teams and location scouting? Or is more like personal body guards and a couple snipers with local law enforcement support?

Edited by aggie08

12 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

He made some strong points on how different the rules of engagement are for a campaign rally for a FORMER president in that sort of event from any event for a sitting president. 

Um climbing a ladder with a long gun strapped to your back to a roof with a clear sight line to a podium should have caused a flood of agents to that area immediately when the guy started climbing regardless of who was being protected, even if just to verify who the guy was. No one from SS saw him until he was sighting on Trump

Per a CNN article:

Trump's Secret Service detail was given additional assets that is part of the protocol for the presumptive nominee due to his heavy campaigning, which includes additional manpower, counter-sniper, drones and robotic dogs, the law enforcement official said. On Saturday, there were four counter-sniper teams on site, the official said. 

I get that candidates and former potus don't get the full-court press that a sitting president might get.

But there are only a relatively few buildings surrounding that site, with very open roofs.   Failing to secure all of them seems quite negligent.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

I do wonder what the detail is like for former Presidents. Do they have the same resources for advanced teams and location scouting? Or is more like personal body guards with local law enforcement support?

I mentioned this last night but it bears repeating. Some of Trump’s SS agents are in Milwaukee overseeing security arrangements for the convention. It’s been speculated that the detail in PA was lighter than usual.

I’ve heard reports that the building where the shooter set up is outside the SS security perimeter and so was under the jurisdiction of the local police. That doesn’t excuse its being undefended nor absolve the SS of responsibility for ensuring that the local authorities defended it. That’s just what I’ve heard reported. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

Yeah.  If the shooter had any type of training it would be a different story today.  8 shots from 130 yards and missing is absurd.  With modern optics and getting the gun sighted in.  It's an easy shot.

Absolutely not to excuse this horrible breach of security but he didn't get off 8 shots, some of those heard were SS shooting at him. I hear 3 shots then a brief pause, then another burst

8 minutes ago, Keef said:

What 20 year old registers with a political party?

There could be an option to register as a Republican or a Democrat when they register to vote. Or they could vote in a primary election where voting for one party or the other causes you to be registered under that party. 

20 minutes ago, kevwun said:

It was a monumental fuckup.  I wonder if at least some of the cops thought he was a SS sniper.  How there were no agents posted on top of that building is going to get several people "re-assigned" to chasing down counterfeiters in the middle of nowhere.

I was not going to post here, but it sorta confirms the rule/joke that you can get anywhere by carrying a ladder and looking official. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Because it’s such an epic failure, you’re going to have people wonder if secret service agents were motivated or that this was an inside job. To be clear that’s not MY opinion, but I can see why people would think that. Unfortunately those people just don’t understand how incompetent federal workers are.

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

15 minutes ago, kevwun said:

There was a Reacher novel with a political assassination attempt, can’t remember if it was a president. IIRC shooter was about 1200 yards or more away. I kind of always figured any rooftops within 1000 yards would have agents on them. Or at least countersnipers or spotters constantly scanning them from elevated positions. This is staggeringly bad

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

There could be an option to register as a Republican or a Democrat when they register to vote. Or they could vote in a primary election where voting for one party or the other causes you to be registered under that party. 

Also: it’s often a box you check in closed primary states when you get a drivers license.  I did it last year when I moved back into the District. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bateshorn said:

I was not going to post here, but it sorta confirms the rule/joke that you can get anywhere by carrying a ladder and looking official. 

“Move aside, Ladder Man in the house!”

4 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Absolutely not to excuse this horrible breach of security but he didn't get off 8 shots, some of those heard were SS shooting at him. I hear 3 shots then a brief pause, then another burst

Yea I thought it was 3 as well. One hit his ear, one killed the guy in the crowd, and a third hit a lady’s arm/hand.