Donald Trump Assassination Attempt

immamac

3 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

There was a Reacher novel with a political assassination attempt, can’t remember if it was a president. IIRC shooter was about 1200 yards or more away. I kind of always figured any rooftops within 1000 yards would have agents on them. Or at least countersnipers or spotters constantly scanning them from elevated positions. This is staggeringly bad

Or those bullet proof glass screens they set up for things like inaugurations that are in wide open areas.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

I was not going to post here, but it sorta confirms the rule/joke that you can get anywhere by carrying a ladder and looking official. 

I can attest that this is real, the only time I've ever actually been stopped when doing so was at the Federal Reserve, beyond that waved in everywhere.  

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Absolutely not to excuse this horrible breach of security but he didn't get off 8 shots, some of those heard were SS shooting at him. I hear 3 shots then a brief pause, then another burst

Yeah.  It makes sense.  Just saw the counter sniper video.  Trained shooter vs untrained shooter

Would be funny if ladder was put there by SS hours before to check out the roof. "Welp, all clear up here. This is the last one, let's get that ladder after the speech", no need to move it now"

6 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

I can attest that this is real, the only time I've ever actually been stopped when doing so was at the Federal Reserve, beyond that waved in everywhere.  

Just how many people have you killed

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

15 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

I was not going to post here, but it sorta confirms the rule/joke that you can get anywhere by carrying a ladder and looking official. 

image.png.45e95715c6208137219859e7d890c549.png

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

Yeah.  If the shooter had any type of training it would be a different story today.  8 shots from 130 yards and missing is absurd.  With modern optics and getting the gun sighted in.  It's an easy shot.

Edited by MontereyMX

56 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Post all the receipts here please for us to review and make our informed determination. Thank you for your discourse, fellow citizen. 

Thanks for the assignment. I think you can use your search engine on anything that Biden and his press secretary or cabinets members have said on the border and the “green economy” to start, and see the octupling down on failed programs.
As for the other parts, if you put a mask on while doing this and maybe stand 6 feet from your computer while espousing that Black Lives Matters and to divest from Carbon and Israel you can bathe in the confederacy of Tard (with respect to Elon). All of which, comes from the thesis, USA bad. Back to more pressing matters, PS5 and College Football 25.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 8

2 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Just how many people have you killed

Driving around with a ladder, just a hand a full or two.  If you do it on 285 you just mail in a fine of $25 per person.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

39 minutes ago, Captainant said:

For real, like that shit wouldn't work on deer lol, even at 150yds. Secret service fucked up so badly I am struggling to believe things at face value

Let’s be honest, if this happened to Biden we would have to assume several agents were in the bag for Trump.  Mind boggling.  

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Driving around with a ladder, just a hand a full or two.  If you do it on 285 you just mail in a fine of $25 per person.  

As a former ATL resident, this isn't that much of a stretch.

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I’m going to assume this is a good-faith query, which may be a mistake.   It here goes.

Texas has an open primary, which means that you can just show up to the primary and vote in whichever party’s primary you choose that day. You don’t “register” as a D or R in Texas.

Other states have closed primaries, which means you have to register ahead of time as a D or R to participate.  I assume Pennsylvania is one of those states, based on the media’s description of the guy as a “registered” Republican. But I don’t know.

It makes sense that they would want to recruit disabled agents, since their protectees are mentally disabled. I mean, you want an agent who can understand the protected, right?

In PA when you apply for or renew your drivers license, you’re prompted with a question asking if you’d also like to register to vote. If you hit yes it walks you through the process. The listed parties are democratic, republican, green, libertarian, no affiliation, other (gives a text field to enter the party).

You’re only able to vote in the primary of your registered party.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alien Octopus said:

Thanks for the assignment. I think you can use your search engine on anything that Biden and his press secretary or cabinets members have said on the border and the “green economy” to start, and see the octupling down on failed programs.
As for the other parts, if you put a mask on while doing this and maybe stand 6 feet from your computer while espousing that Black Lives Matters and to divest from Carbon and Israel you can bathe in the confederacy of Tard (with respect to Elon). All of which, comes from the thesis, USA bad. Back to more pressing matters, PS5 and College Football 25.

Do your own legwork to prove your amazing theory, Copernicus.  I’m familiar with the shotgun blast of buzz words that you have the limited cognition to let fall out of your gump mouth, but surely you can post one single sourced tidbit that helps somewhat support your drivel. 

If you have a compressed pdf of all these cataloged instances, you can post that. Or if it’s too big, a zip file will work as well. 

• Hook 'Em 6

I'm only reading this fast moving thread in bits. 

A former president has nowhere near the same security apparatus as a sitting president.

Trump likely has added security as a candidate, but does it match that of a sitting president? Apologies if this has already been covered.

• Hook 'Em 1

I would hope that a former president, and current candidate for president, would have sufficient security detail to spot a dude with a rifle in the middle of an open field who is about as far away as one end zone of DKR-TMS to the other.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Just now, hookemATL said:

Do your own legwork to prove your amazing theory, Copernicus.  I’m familiar with the shotgun blast of buzz words that you have the limited cognition to let fall out of your gump mouth, but surely you can post one single sourced tidbit that helps somewhat support your drivel. 

If you have a compressed pdf of all these cataloged instances, you can post that. Or if it’s too big, a zip file will work as well. 

Am I the center of the universe? Do it yourself sparky, google is your friend. Did not see you posting receipts in your original post. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 8

Wonder if the shooter placed the ladder and rehearsed a night or two earlier.  Hide the ladder behind the tree (visible from above only), climb up and reach shooting position in maybe thirty seconds.  SS sniper apparently saw him just a few seconds too late.  Not hard to see how it might have happened.

16 minutes ago, Alien Octopus said:

I think we've found the next shooter. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

This is likely to boil down to a weak link in the USSS-local law enforcement chain and the failure likely being local. USSS isn’t postured to handle all the security and access control.  

The advance team almost certainly identified this building and roof and then handed off access and monitoring to local LE.  The counter-snipers are going to stay focused on areas farther away, where local LE is NOT able or tasked to provide complete cover because they can’t and because that kind of sniper expertise doesn’t exist.  Derpy local LE does a shit job on the wrong day and this is what happens.

There will be a review and I bet that USSS alters what it allows local LE to do. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

58 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

This is amazing. So guy drove a ladder over there, climbed up on top of a large open roof, long gun strapped to his back, took an elevated shooting position less than 200 yards out, and nobody at the SS or with a badge fucking noticed. Proceeded to put multiple shots down range and “on” target. Heads should roll. 

Have a feeling that the video of the SS snipers acting strange and freaking out right before the shooting is them noticing the shooter and trying to figure out if he is a local cop or not.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

8 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I would hope that a former president, and current candidate for president, would have sufficient security detail to spot a dude with a rifle in the middle of an open field who is about as far away as one end zone of DKR-TMS to the other.

Well considering the. audience, they assume every white dude with a gun is a “good guy”.    Ooooooops

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 minutes ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

Have a feeling that the video of the SS snipers acting strange and freaking out right before the shooting is them noticing the shooter and trying to figure out if he is a local cop or not.  

Probably so, they likely had been told that the access and security there was covered by state or local and when they noticed it they were trying to figure WTF was going on.  

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I'm only reading this fast moving thread in bits. 

A former president has nowhere near the same security apparatus as a sitting president.

Trump likely has added security as a candidate, but does it match that of a sitting president? Apologies if this has already been covered.

Yes, high spots especially are usually cleared still for sure.  It’s pretty crazy some got in a high spot with a rifle.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Yes, high spots especially are usually cleared still for sure.  It’s pretty crazy some got in a high spot with a rifle.  

Not just "got in a high spot" - dude carried a ladder with a long rifle while wearing a "demolitia" shirt for his favorite guntuber channel. Damn near every fucking red flag, and he just gets ignored?

Talk about white privilege!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1

18 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Trump may be unique because he’s the most recent former POTUS and still has a pretty significant detail, but my understanding is that candidates don’t get a “full” SS detail until they secure the nomination at their party’s convention. 

1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

Still appalled they didn’t have someone there

I saw a local law enforcement guy on the news saying they had people in the building. WTF were these guys doing, playing on their phones? 

• Drool 1

14 minutes ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

I have seen posts and comments around the web about attendees pointing out the shooter in the moments prior.  It would take brass balls to open fire with even a hint of doubt that the shooter was or wasn’t a bad guy.

Also, 150 meters without scope at a moving target the size of a human head is no cake walk.  Trump twists from profile to head-on in the moments before grabbing his ear.    

1 minute ago, 3adays said:

people in the building

“You guys hear some noise on the roof?”

”it’s just a squirrel or group of squirrels I bet. Now let’s watch this TikTok of this talking dog. ROFL you guys!!”

• Haha 3
  • Drool 1

9 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Would be kind of epic if this guy left behind a manifesto or something and said “I just want to hit him in the ear”. 

Theres a very moving vigil for Trump's ear outside of Trump Tower.

image.png.9eab7054619afa2190d7919b6ff2f606.png

image.png.bc32836c9cce282b692faf1580840d5c.png

I hope they light candles for the ex-presidential ear. I hope they find solace among the mutually shaken.

I will say that I thought the writing was reflecting the tired use of a template for murders, assassinations, mass shootings, or however we're shooting each other here in the USA. Now I think the writer is being arch. Too bad such subtlety is mostly wasted on a literalist readership.

I wonder how much politics even come into play for something like this. I bet there's a loser with jack shit going on in their lives in every town in America who would take a shot at a President or ex-President solely to become famous in death. Most just assume they'd never be able to get close enough, so why bother.

This didn't exactly take careful planning. Dude was probably as surprised as anyone that he got access to the roof. If there were cops around, he probably just turns around and heads home like any other normal day.

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Theres a very moving vigil for Trump's ear outside of Trump Tower.

image.png.9eab7054619afa2190d7919b6ff2f606.png

image.png.bc32836c9cce282b692faf1580840d5c.png

I hope they light candles for the ex-presidential ear. I hope they find solace among the mutually shaken.

I will say that I thought the writing was reflecting the tired use of a template for murders, assassinations, mass shootings, or however we're shooting each other here in the USA. Now I think the writer is being arch. Too bad such subtlety is mostly wasted on a literalist readership.

Well, I know a place I’ll be avoiding. 

Also, 150 meters without scope at a moving target the size of a human head is no cake walk.    

Has it been confirmed that he didn't have an optic on his gun? Imagine going through all the trouble to assassinate an ex President, and not bothering to get an optic on your gun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, cabowabo said:

Imagine going through all the trouble to assassinate an ex President, and not bothering to get an optic on your gun.

It didn't seem like much trouble. Definitely be interesting to see when he bought the gun. Might have hatched this idea last week.

1 minute ago, MissingInAction said:

A high caliber munition doesn't just disappear

Bounced off Trump’s ear and into the sky, where it left the atmosphere and got lodged in MH370

• Haha 4