Donald Trump Assassination Attempt

immamac

4 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

The sad sad thing is it is looking more and more like this is simply reaping what you sow (and I am not even talking political violence, more the place we are with guns, etc) and most of America will be too stupid to understand that.  

I don’t know what I expected from this thread. But the undertones of “he had this coming” oozing from a lot of posts makes me sad to be an American. And even more sad that Texas fans have these thoughts. Whatever you think of Trump, if these are your thoughts after you have had time to think and reflect on the situation, that’s fucked up. 

• Hook 'Em 4

17 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Wonder if he will have any sharp words for his security detail or PA cops.

I love a good conspiracy theory that has actual odd shit happening, I have to admit. I still want to believe this is random, but If one had a mind to, they could really spin this thing up.  

Was this his first rally since the new Epstein docs were made public?

2 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I don’t know what I expected from this thread. But the undertones of “he had this coming” oozing from a lot of posts makes me sad to be an American.

You should have seen the psychotic shit they were posting prior to the ban hammer coming out.

• Hook 'Em 2

51 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

This reeks of some angry young loser looking for fame, not some idealogue who thinks he's saving the world from Trump. In that respect, a political rally beats an elementary school, and SS response time sure does beat the Uvalde Police Department.

MSNBC had a former HS classmate on a little while ago to say shooter was a loner in HS who was bullied and picked on pretty badly. Shocker.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Texas Jeff said:

JFK's protective car bubble was sitting at Love Field at the moment he was killed, and no one bothered to check the school book depository before his parade, particularly the one open window on the highest floor that had a line of fire to both the approach and the departure.

Sounds fishy. How have there been no conspiracy theories about this incident?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

You should have seen the psychotic shit they were posting prior to the ban hammer coming out.

I am glad I didn’t see people celebrating what could have been one of the worst days in American history yesterday.  As someone who has been part of this site since I can remember, I might not have been able to take that. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

5 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I don’t know what I expected from this thread. But the undertones of “he had this coming” oozing from a lot of posts makes me sad to be an American. And even more sad that Texas fans have these thoughts. Whatever you think of Trump, if these are your thoughts after you have had time to think and reflect on the situation, that’s fucked up. 

Yesterday's events notwithstanding, the man's rhetoric is, at times, completely irresponsible.

• Hook 'Em 6

3 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

That isn't a he had it coming post.  NOBODY should have that coming, not the kids in Sandy Hook, not the kids in Uvalde, not the people at Pulse and no not even Donald or the people at that rally.  It's that one party lead by one person has fostered it coming...and that should be nauseating to anybody.  

“This is not the post about he had it coming it’s just that he had it coming”.  

• Fuck You 3

9 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I don’t read that at all.  He didn’t have it coming. He and his minions did and do, however, foment the environment where this isn’t surprising though.  Hell, read MGT’s twisted tweet post-attempt.  His rhetoric is going to and has caused stochastic terrorism from all angles.  

Any both sides equivalency arguments can get fucked.  

• Hook 'Em 4

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Yesterday's events notwithstanding, the man's rhetoric is, at times, completely irresponsible.

You will get no disagreement from me on that statement. But his death, right now during an election after we just found out that his opponent is not fit to run? The death spiral this country would go down is just too untenable for me to think about. Wherever we are now, and it’s not a good place, we would go someone much darker I’m afraid. 

You have to be a complete sociopath to be think that’s a good outcome. 

Edited by Newy25
  • Fuck You 2

Just now, Newy25 said:

You will get no disagreement from me on that statement. But his death, right now during an ejection after we just found out that his opponent is not fit to run? The death spiral this country would go down is just too untenable for me to think about. Wherever we are now, and it’s not a good place, we would go someone much darker I’m afraid. 

We've been through worse.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

You will get no disagreement from me on that statement. But his death, right now during an ejection after we just found out that his opponent is not fit to run? The death spiral this country would go down is just too untenable for me to think about. Wherever we are now, and it’s not a good place, we would go someone much darker I’m afraid. 

He got a boo boo on his ear. Nobody was celebrating his death because he’s not dead. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dutchrudder said:

I think you're reading it wrong. The issue is that we have a completely unchecked gun culture that constantly fights any sort of basic or reasonable responsibility for owning guns. Things like minimum age limits for purchase and ownership, limited magazine capacity, safe storage requirements, waiting periods, background checks, etc are constantly shot down by the right. It's the reason why we have so many dead children from school shootings every year, because these right-wing gun nuts don't even allow for some common sense laws on gun ownership. It's not a "Trump had it coming" sentiment, it's a "we have so many avoidable shootings in this country, but it was bound to happen to someone high profile" sentiment.

Bull fucking Shit.

there have been open ongoing calls for Trump to be killed on this site for at least 4 years.  

used to be even innuendo/off-color joke was ban hammer.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

He got a boo boo on his ear. Nobody was celebrating his death because he’s not dead. 

Jesus fucking Christ. If you are a real person I hope you really did not go to Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, sidis said:

I love that you think this sanctimonious shit is not unbelievably transparent on here.

“you’ll get no disagreement from me…that this deplorable man has been cultivating an extremely dangerous environment for years in which he attempts to leverage his mindless cult’s willingness to threaten and inflect violence on his behalf and at his direction…”

BUT…

you guys are the problem. I’m sad. 

I didn’t say any of that. Not even close.

• Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Bull fucking Shit.

there have been open ongoing calls for Trump to be killed on this site for at least 4 years.  

Bull fucking shit yourself. Openly wishing he’d do us a favor and die of natural causes — I’m sure the MAGA kooks would cook up some conspiracy yarn, though — is not the same as wishing the man would be killed by a member of his own political party.

• Hook 'Em 6

5 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Bull fucking Shit.

Wishing someone would die is different than wanting someone to be killed.

There's a huge difference between a deadly  Big Mac and being shot by a zealot.

• Hook 'Em 6

PA State Police: "Hey, you can't bring a rifle into this area." 

Shooter:  "It's okay, we're an open carry state.  Just exercising my 2A rights"

PA State Police:  "Yeah, but his is a Trump rally.  You can't carry here."

Shooter:  "But I've got this here ladder."

PA State Police:  "Well damn son, come on through..."

(Narrator checks list of state nicknames, "Oh, so they're literally the Keystone Cops?")

15 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I am glad I didn’t see people celebrating what could have been one of the worst days in American history yesterday. 

But it wouldn’t have been.  It wouldn’t have even cracked the top 10. You don’t know history very well, do you.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

10 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Bull fucking Shit.

I mean he’s definitely right, I’ve seen it more than a few times.   But I also kinda hoped they both died before the election….  

I wanted to get a more local perspective and visited the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's website. 

Short article they posted on the one shooting fatality:

Man killed at Trump rally was former fire chief in Butler County who was protecting family
Corey Comperatore's wife and daughter, in statements on Facebook, described a chaotic scene during the shooting

The family of a Buffalo Township man has identified him on social media as the victim killed Saturday evening during a shooting at a rally for former President Donald Trump in Butler, in which Trump was injured and two other spectators were critically injured.

In separate social media posts, Corey Comperatore’s family mourned his loss.

“The PA Trump Rally claimed the life of my brother, Corey Comperatore,” posted Dawn Comperatore Schafer on Facebook. “The hatred for one man took the life of the one man we loved the most.

“He was a hero that shielded his daughters. His wife and girls just lived through the unthinkable and unimaginable. My baby brother just turned 50 and had so much life left to experience. Hatred has no limits and love has no bounds. Pray for my sister-in-law, nieces, my mother, sister, me and his nieces and nephews as this feels like a terrible nightmare but we know it is our painful reality.”

Mr. Comperatore was the former chief of the Buffalo Township Volunteer Fire Company.

Trump was about 10 minutes into his speech at the Butler Farm Show grounds about 6:15 p.m. when gunfire erupted and the former president was rushed off stage. Trump, who had a bloody wound around his right ear, later confirmed in statements online that a bullet pierced his ear.

Thousands of supporters had been waiting for the candidate’s appearance, in advance of the Republican National Convention in Milwaukee this week.

Officials later said one rallygoer was killed, and two others were wounded, although they did not identify the injured spectators.

Mr. Comperatore’s wife and daughter, in statements on Facebook, described a chaotic scene in which he tried to protect his family.

His daughter, Allyson Comperatore, wrote that her father died “a real-life superhero,” who quickly threw her and her mother to the ground when gunfire started at the rally.

“He shielded my body from the bullet that came at us. He loved his family. He truly loved us enough to take a real bullet for us,” she wrote.

His wife wrote that the rally was meant to be an uplifting event.

“Yesterday, what turned out to be such an exciting day for my husband especially, turned into a nightmare for our family,” his wife, Helen Comperatore, wrote in a Facebook post. “What my precious girls had to witness is unforgivable. What I had to was.”

“He died the hero he always was.”

Mr. Comperatore was an engineer at JSP, according to his LinkedIn profile.

A GoFundMe to support the Comperatore family was set up on Sunday. So far, more than $3,000 has been donated.

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 4

1 minute ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

But it wouldn’t have been.  It wouldn’t have even cracked the top 10. You don’t know history very well, do you.

Agreed. As of this exact moment, you’re absolutely correct. However, if he’d been killed yesterday and this was the powder-keg moment that ignited a bloody civil war leading to the demise of the US as we know it, it would quickly move up.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I am glad I didn’t see people celebrating what could have been one of the worst days in American history yesterday.  As someone who has been part of this site since I can remember, I might not have been able to take that. 

In the big picture I really don't see how it would have been one of the worst days in American history. Obviously political violence is bad and I'm worried about what this portends as it is, but the man has done a lot of damage to this country. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

1 minute ago, Hookah Horns said:

In the big picture I really don't see how it would have been one of the worst days in American history. Obviously political violence is bad and I'm worried about what this portends as it is, but the man has done a lot of damage to this country. 

Assuming you are real people typing this, what a place we are in our country that these thoughts exist in people’s head. 

• Fuck You 4