Donald Trump Assassination Attempt

immamac

5 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Agreed. As of this exact moment, you’re absolutely correct. However, if he’d been killed yesterday and this was the powder-keg moment that ignited a bloody civil war leading to the demise of the US as we know it, it would quickly move up.

What are you on? There wouldn't have been a civil war if Trump had been killed. Few riots here and there and that's about it and then MAGA would have nominated MTG or Matt Gaetz as their next presidential nominee. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Blurb on the shooter from the Pittsburgh paper:

Neighbors, county councilman speak about alleged gunman
In Bethel Park on Saturday morning, media descended near where Mr. Crooks lived, with police blocking off a large area of the neighborhood.

Neighbor Dean Sierka, 52, said he lived five doors down from Mr. Crooks.

Mr. Sierka and his daughter, Lilly, said that Mr. Crooks seemed a little odd growing up, but they didn't expect him to be involved in the shooting.

"It's crazy ... you wouldn't expect that from that kid," Mr. Sierka said. "He was a little bit off, he was like the weird kid, but you wouldn't expect this."

Mr. Sierka's daughter Lilly said she knew of Mr. Crooks, as they attended K-12 school, together, including Bethel Park High School.

Democratic Allegheny County Councilman Dan Grzybek, who represents a large swath of the South Hills including Bethel Park, said Sunday morning on X that the shooter lived on his street.

“I canvassed his parents for my election last year,” he wrote. “Absolutely surreal.”

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Assuming you are real people typing this, what a place we are in our country that these thoughts exist in people’s head. 

Yet, elected officials (real people) are typing that Joe Biden and other officials engineered this assassination attempt.

Unclench your grasp on the pearls, cheech.

• Hook 'Em 7

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Thinking about the age of the shooter and how he likely has little to no memory of America before Obama and Trump.  It’s just insane what our country is doing to the youth psychologically with things such as social media, gun culture, and overt racism.  Like all the social anxiety I had as a kid is probably many times more intense than when I was growing up and it’s probably that much worse/scary for minorities/women.  Sad times. 

What????

Overt racism?

Scarier now for minorities and women?

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Texas Jeff said:

The roof was probably unguarded because ... well this is a tough one but prep is never perfect. 

I think many people are unaware of the imperfect protection offered by the Secret Service to actual living presidents as well as presidential candidates. Even as recently as the past 20 years. For example, in 2014, a man armed with a knife climbed the White House fence and was able to enter the main building. Same year, SS agents allowed an unknown man into an elevator with Pres. Obama. The man took a pic with his cell phone, so the SS finally wised up and that's when agents discovered he was also armed. There are many known incidents of SS agents on presidential protection getting drunk, whoring with prostitutes and other forbidden activities.

• Like 1

Bull fucking shit yourself. Openly wishing he’d do us a favor and die of natural causes — I’m sure the MAGA kooks would cook up some conspiracy yarn, though — is not the same as wishing the man would be killed by a member of his own political party.

cfa085b954af6e125ed23eaca45ceb5f.jpg
You literally likes a post wishing the bullet would’ve killed him.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

Assuming you are real people typing this, what a place we are in our country that these thoughts exist in people’s head. 

6 Sep 1901, 2 Jul 1881, 14 Apr 1865, 22 Nov 1963, 14 Oct 1912, 30 Mar 1981, 15 Feb 1933, 1 Nov 1950, 22 Sep 1975, 22 Feb 1974, 9 Jul 1850, 7 Dec 1941, 6 Jun 1944, 11 Sep 2001, 12 Apr 1861, 6 Apr 1917, 30 Jan 1968, 4 Apr 1968, 6 Jun 1968, 18 Jun 1812, 27 Jun 1950, 29 Oct 1929, 23 Aug 2005, 18 Apr 1906, 27 Aug 1900, 8 Oct 1871, and 20 Mar 2003.  Just a few examples. 

But you seem like the kinda guy that starts conversations with, "You know...as a student of history...let me tell you something." 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Not sure how accurate this is but I found it helpful to establish bearings.

I don't understand how an agent or other leo wasn't on the highest roof top right next to the location of the shooter.

16 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Clarifying.

I find it fascinating that two people negged a post which basically said taking a shot at ANYONE is bad.

Maybe I'm just too nuanced.  NUANCe!!1!!

19 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Bull fucking Shit.

there have been open ongoing calls for Trump to be killed on this site for at least 4 years.  

used to be even innuendo/off-color joke was ban hammer.

The post he quoted was not that, and to try to portray it as such is unnecessary and shitty to do. I'm sure plenty of awful things have been said and nuked by mods, but that wasn't one of them. 

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

The overlap of people who are disgusted by the rhetoric around this most recent politically-related violence and those who have chortled at memes about Nancy Pelosi's husband being tied up in his own house and hit over the head with a hammer has got to be damn near 100%.

Well some thought it was a gay affair gone wrong. 

Now, I'm seeing morons whining about DEI because Trump had female agents. I guess those female agents missed the guy on the roof 150 yards away with a fucking rifle? Or maybe that was a male fuck up?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I don’t know what I expected from this thread. But the undertones of “he had this coming” oozing from a lot of posts makes me sad to be an American. And even more sad that Texas fans have these thoughts. Whatever you think of Trump, if these are your thoughts after you have had time to think and reflect on the situation, that’s fucked up. 

I’m sure you were sickened at Trump’s comments after Pelosi’s husband was nearly brained in his home. I must have missed that post 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, YGIFS said:

The kid really just got that weapon the day before from his dad?  

Yes. I guess I'm lucky I have daughters so I won't make the time honored mistake of giving a fucked up kid a device that could kill himself and many others if he gets angry. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

The overlap of people who are disgusted by the rhetoric around this most recent politically-related violence and those who have chortled at memes about Nancy Pelosi's husband being tied up in his own house and hit over the head with a hammer has got to be damn near 100%.

This. If Trump and his supporters  are allowed to laugh at and wish harm on others I feel no remorse doing the same to him.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Well some thought it was a gay affair gone wrong.

"Some thought" isn't accurate. It was spun that way to make it seem like he deserved it, to heap scorn on the Speaker of the House, and other reasons.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Just now, aggie08 said:

Agreed. We can all do better. I wish that would start today but it won’t. It’s like I felt for a week or so after 9/11. As a country it seemed as though we were unified. For a brief moment in time it opened up what could be possible.

There is so much ugliness. So much hate and blame. It is depressing. I’ve tried to purge a lot of that from my life. It’s not that I don’t get angry, bc I do. I wish the vast majority of those of us with some common sense could build on this moment to find common ground. But I obviously live in a fantasy land. 

a fantasy land where taking my ten foot ladder to Rainey…I mean football games will no longer be possible. Fuck it. 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Do you realize that if Republicans could get over their gun boners, gun violence would drop by 99%, to roughly the same level that every other civilized nation on the fucking planet enjoys?

Two problems with that solution; makes sense and it would work.

This. If Trump and his supporters  are allowed to laugh at and wish harm on others I feel no remorse doing the same to him.

Oh. So pelosi answering the door standing in his underwear after being attacked with a hammer by his male lover boy wasn’t supposed to be funny?
  • Fuck You 25

26 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Blurb on the shooter from the Pittsburgh paper:

Neighbors, county councilman speak about alleged gunman
In Bethel Park on Saturday morning, media descended near where Mr. Crooks lived, with police blocking off a large area of the neighborhood.

Neighbor Dean Sierka, 52, said he lived five doors down from Mr. Crooks.

Mr. Sierka and his daughter, Lilly, said that Mr. Crooks seemed a little odd growing up, but they didn't expect him to be involved in the shooting.

"It's crazy ... you wouldn't expect that from that kid," Mr. Sierka said. "He was a little bit off, he was like the weird kid, but you wouldn't expect this."

Mr. Sierka's daughter Lilly said she knew of Mr. Crooks, as they attended K-12 school, together, including Bethel Park High School.

Democratic Allegheny County Councilman Dan Grzybek, who represents a large swath of the South Hills including Bethel Park, said Sunday morning on X that the shooter lived on his street.

“I canvassed his parents for my election last year,” he wrote. “Absolutely surreal.”

I love these kinds of comments...  "I canvassers his parents".  Really Dan, that brings youbso much closer to all of this.  You literally knocked on their door.  Wow!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Do you disagree that Trump has openly called for violence?

Do you disagree that he has called people that live in this country vermin? (https://www.npr.org/2023/11/17/1213746885/trump-vermin-hitler-immigration-authoritarian-republican-primary)

Do you disagree that he suggest someone could exercise their 2nd amendment rights if Hillary Clinton has won? https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-2nd-amendment-folks-stop-clintons-supreme-court/story?id=41239648

Do you believe that he has discussed executing people who disagree with him? https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/article/2024/jun/15/trump-white-house-leaker-execution

Do you believe he mocked Pelosi's husband for being attacked? https://www.politico.com/news/2023/09/29/trump-mocks-pelosi-family-as-he-rallies-conservative-support-in-california-00119243

Do you believe Trump posted a picture of Biden being hog tied? https://www.aljazeera.com/program/newsfeed/2024/4/1/trump-posts-video-with-image-of-biden-bound-and-tied

Do you believe that he routinely threatens the press and encourages violence against its members? https://www.axios.com/2022/05/02/trump-call-violence-presidency

Do you believe that he led an attempted violent coup in order to stay in power? 

Trump foments violence against anyone he dislikes with his rhetoric. He threatens to jail, execute, and/deport large segments of our population. He threatens to jail his political enemies not for having committed actual crimes, but merely for daring to oppose him. And yet now you act shocked that any of this might have contributed to violence against him. Whether he deserves violence is irrelevant. But he does absolutely share a significant share of responsibility for it. 

Of course he doesn’t believe any of this shit. None of them do and when provided with proof they just try to rationalize it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Hank_Hill said:

Of course he doesn’t believe any of this shit. None of them do and when provided with proof they just try to rationalize it.

Oh, I know. The party of personal responsibility will absolutely take none of it. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I find it fascinating that two people negged a post which basically said taking a shot at ANYONE is bad.

Maybe I'm just too nuanced.  NUANCe!!1!!

morons don't do nuance. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Yes. I guess I'm lucky I have daughters so I won't make the time honored mistake of giving a fucked up kid a device that could kill himself and many others if he gets angry. 

Yeah, good point.  My oldest's bugs me for shit all the time that's before her age readiness like a cell phone.  I can't imagine some 10yo boy pouting at me to buy him a rifle because all the other boys in Texas have one.  

While conspiracy theories are abound, even on here, a board of fairly well educated adults.  I think the miss can be chalked up to the fact that he had 24 hours with the weapon, probably shot a little bit here and there after he turned 18.  But I doubt he spent all Friday afternoon at the range with his new gift.  Kinda weird that he just so happened to get it and then the next morning know exactly where to go with it down to which groove in the structure.  But it's most likely just a kid taking shots with his new toy from an uneven surface.  Got off a buncha rounds to make a name for himself and fucked up.  

I have no theory on this, but I am absolutely baffled that those agent's first instinct wasn't to cover Trump up, put him on the ground, form a human shield, at least kneel him down.  It was to hoist him up with his head 3' above everything else.  I mean, you don't want to take a bullet for him?  I get it, but at least get him on the deck.  You don't sturdy him up even higher.  Maybe they got radio'd the shooter was down.  But oh yeah, nobody ever got off another round after being shot.  And they had no idea if there another shooter in another position that could have taken an even cleaner head-shot.  Again, I'll let all you ballistic jockeys handle this one.  Just so fucking weird, even single SS incident ever recorded or photographed, is always the same protocol.  If there's a protective surface like a car door, wall, etc.---then yes, shuffle the asset over there in a hunched position.  If there's not, you get them on the deck or form a shield around them.  You don't straighten out their spine and foist them up and then duck down to their waistline.  Somebody please explain that to me.